I'm pretty new but one thing has me puzzled...

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Wish he'd call everyone out like this.

Maybe he could continue with you since you won't shut up about how there needs to be less trolling and derailment... by derailing this thread further to make that point by insulting people who disagree with you. Isn't that what you just said a couple posts ago? You getting trolled and insulted because people disagree with you? Then PM a mod about it or report the post. But don't be a douche who then derails a thread further just to talk shit about the trolls who are talking shit. Then you're no different.

Get over yourself.

Truth

Novice
Maybe he could continue with you since you won't shut up about how there needs to be less trolling and derailment... by derailing this thread further to make that point by insulting people who disagree with you. Isn't that what you just said a couple posts ago? You getting trolled and insulted because people disagree with you? Then PM a mod about it or report the post. But don't be a douche who then derails a thread further just to talk shit about the trolls who are talking shit. Then you're no different.

Get over yourself.

I agree with you, which is why I corrected myself and removed the post, and I will easily apologize but the same goes for yourself, who is supposed to be a "veteran", so much for an example.

Now back on topic, the populated cities are dangerous outside the guardzone during peek hours. You'll have to adjust once you've gotten out of your young status.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Lmao, yes it did happen. Ask the poor guy whos full plate armour I looted and killed since I couldn't guard-wack him. (He tried to box me in with his other toons, boxed himself in to his death he tried running since the guards wouldn't kill him when I tried) He fled INTO town after engaging the fight, if I would have ran first then yes, I could have wacked him but because I stayed and fought, then ran into town, the guards will not help. This is exactly what I've said before, and keep saying.

He picked a fight and lost, like I said, I can handle it because I'm not new. It's still an issue that I could abuse if I wanted to but I do not.
Jesus... you're really fucking ********. You choosing to fight isn't what made it so guards can't be called. God damn dude, how many times do we have to keep telling you the same fucking thing over and over.

Yet somehow your dumbass can't grasp why we won't offer advice, or be polite to you. You're an idiot. Simple as that.

IF THEY FLAG ON YOU, REGARDLESS IF YOU ATTACK BACK, AND THE CRIM TIME HASN'T PASSED, THEN THEY CAN BE GUARD WHACKED!

To further end any bullshit posts we have to see from you.

Carry pots(use hotkeys for them)
Make and learn to use a recall macro
Pay attention
Magic reflect or protection up at all times .
You will die, get over it kind person
If you see a blue, and he recalls out, be cautious he might be coming on a red to kill you.
Don't sit in one area for to long. Specially hotspots.
Gofuckyourself.

Sent from my SM-G900P

The Gandin

Grandmaster
It is kinda obvious that UOF was developed in order to appease the Pker crowd who got snubbed when UO evolved and developed Trammel. They want to be able to Pk EVERYWHERE

That's not true. Reds can't flag on anyone in town or they get guardwhacked. So they can't PK everywhere. Allowing reds in town is more incentive for pvp and faction pvp. Plus it's just sort of a neat addition that sets this server apart from others. I like that they have a lot of things that may not have been in traditional OSI UO.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Jesus... you're really fucking ********. You choosing to fight isn't what made it so guards can't be called. God damn dude, how many times do we have to keep telling you the same fucking thing over and over.

Yet somehow your dumbass can't grasp why we won't offer advice, or be polite to you. You're an idiot. Simple as that.

IF THEY FLAG ON YOU, REGARDLESS IF YOU ATTACK BACK, AND THE CRIM TIME HASN'T PASSED, THEN THEY CAN BE GUARD WHACKED!

To further end any bullshit posts we have to see from you.

Carry pots(use hotkeys for them)
Make and learn to use a recall macro
Pay attention
Magic reflect or protection up at all times .
You will die, get over it kind person
If you see a blue, and he recalls out, be cautious he might be coming on a red to kill you.
Don't sit in one area for to long. Specially hotspots.
Gofuckyourself.

Sent from my SM-G900P
A lot of strong advice in this post.

Dupster

Apprentice
This is a rude response to a new player asking what i thought was a good question since yes, seeing reds in town isn't really normal from osi days aside from sp. Try not to be so defensive to otherwise non offensive questions and posts @Deadpool

We allow it for factions, and just more action in general. Blues can attack reds in town at any time while reds can't attack blues in town at any time.
A red will venture into a town knowing that he can get ganged up on by 10 blues..
This creates one of those scenarios where 5 blues might want to attack a guy but no one makes a move until someone else is attacking him first. A lot of times reds will use this as a baiting technique to get them outside of down where 3 other reds will be sitting there with spells up.

All in all, it just creates more fun scenarios and doesn't harm anything. The only thing that i never liked is the same reason you're asking the question. It makes the game feel a bit off from what people remember as "normal ultima".

@Shane Thanks for the reply on this and also to those who left the trolling out of it.

I do like some of the ideas about reds not being truely safe in town, its something to consider mustering others up for an attack. Also to clarify on negative posts about trammel and complaining, it was not put forward as a complaint but merely took me by surprised and was interested to find out the reasoning behind it.

if anyone has a guild thats newbie friendly I'd love to join the community more as I left the newbie guild by accident when trying some commands!

Cheers all and see you out there,

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkarna

Grandmaster
UOForever - Definitions :

kind person : Has a few meanings;

a ball or roll of seasoned chopped liver, baked or fried.
a bundle of sticks bound together as fuel.
sometimes used as a way of describing an individual regarding their sexual orientation *Also see **** <Slang>
used by people who are unable to string a sentence together without being original or clever, mostly because they lack the brain power to provide a more, interesting way to express their dissatisfaction with something/someone.

* :

delay or hold back in terms of progress or development.
an unintelligent person
sometimes to describe someone with severe, mental disabilities <Slang>

*** :

a cigarette
to assume someone has homosexual tendencies
a derogatory way to hurt/or attempt to hurt someone's feelings

As you can see from the above, without actually using the words without an inkling of what they mean, you are pretty much setting yourself up for all kinds of outbursts, insults, judgements, friendly fire and other such negativity. Perhaps try and curve your school yard insults for, school, instead of making yourself look like a rock which could be considered that you are in fact, allowing others to look at you as mentally challenged.

It amazes me how folks can be so incredibly brave behind a keyboard, what I wonder sometimes is how they would react to a physical confrontation with someone, would they openly attack them with their professional word smith skills before they had their ass handed to them on a platter or would they run away, arms flailing in the wind as they are being pursued. Here, a little controversy for you, but before I do that, you need to promise that you wont get all upset and remember that your keyboard has done nothing to you, so please do not hit or kick it. Ready? I assume, yes I typed 'assume', that a high percentage of people who use these forums have NEVER been in a physical confrontation, I mean, it reminds me of a saying that heath ledger said as the joker to Harvey Dent when he was in hospital with his face half burned off :

"I am a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it!" - If you are sitting there, scratching your heads and wondering oO(What the fuck is this guy on about?) then perhaps try and imagine that you are the one chasing the car..

Last edited by a moderator:

Dellan

Grandmaster
UOForever - Definitions :

kind person : Has a few meanings;

a ball or roll of seasoned chopped liver, baked or fried.
a bundle of sticks bound together as fuel.
sometimes used as a way of describing an individual regarding their sexual orientation *Also see **** <Slang>
used by people who are unable to string a sentence together without being original or clever, mostly because they lack the brain power to provide a more, interesting way to express their dissatisfaction with something/someone.

* :

delay or hold back in terms of progress or development.
an unintelligent person
sometimes to describe someone with severe, mental disabilities <Slang>

*** :

a cigarette
to assume someone has homosexual tendencies
a derogatory way to hurt/or attempt to hurt someone's feelings

As you can see from the above, without actually using the words without an inkling of what they mean, you are pretty much setting yourself up for all kinds of outbursts, insults, judgements, friendly fire and other such negativity. Perhaps try and curve your school yard insults for, school, instead of making yourself look like a rock which could be considered that you are in fact, allowing others to look at you as mentally challenged.

It amazes me how folks can be so incredibly brave behind a keyboard, what I wonder sometimes is how they would react to a physical confrontation with someone, would they openly attack them with their professional word smith skills before they had their ass handed to them on a platter or would they run away, arms flailing in the wind as they are being pursued. Here, a little controversy for you, but before I do that, you need to promise that you wont get all upset and remember that your keyboard has done nothing to you, so please do not hit or kick it. Ready? I assume, yes I typed 'assume', that a high percentage of people who use these forums have NEVER been in a physical confrontation on here, I mean, it reminds me of a saying that the heath ledger said as the joker to Harvey Dent when he was in hospital with his face half burned off :

"I am dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it!" - If you are sitting there, scratching your heads and wondering oO(What the fuck is this guy on about?) then perhaps try and imagine that you are the one chasing the car..

It's a matter of psychology - oddly enough, there were no studies done on this interesting topic. Why are people so rough on the Internet? All I managed to dig up is that we're all alter egos when we enter virtual world. Basically, alter ego takes over your real life ego, and since there are often hidden desires in people to hurt and act maliciously, Internet communication becomes what it is - place full of angry people who won't hesitate to hurt others.

Again you fail to point out anything specifically that is untrue. The guardzone is reduced (True), Reds allowed in town (True), Reds camping out of guardzone for kills (True, not often, sure and avoidable but still true), Reds cannot give Murder Counts (True), Dexxer/Mage/Thief builds are all similar to each other give or take 2 or 3 skills (True, not 100%, but again largely true).

You have anything worth reading to add or should I just totally ignore any of your post all together?
Damn son! Owned his ass LOL Fives!

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
I am still amazed by the amount of grown men i have met that have never even taken a punch.

I mean that's a good thing right?

Then again, go. watch some fight club. It can be quite liberating

Not so much getting punched. But facing your fears.

Desi

Grandmaster
@Shane Thanks for the reply on this and also to those who left the trolling out of it.

I do like some of the ideas about reds not being truely safe in town, its something to consider mustering others up for an attack. Also to clarify on negative posts about trammel and complaining, it was not put forward as a complaint but merely took me by surprised and was interested to find out the reasoning behind it.

if anyone has a guild thats newbie friendly I'd love to join the community more as I left the newbie guild by accident when trying some commands!

Cheers all and see you out there,

What's your char name? If you pm me I can meet with you in-game to get you re-added to our NEW guild.

Afro Man

Grandmaster
This is still going, hm? I don't think it's a big deal that reds are in town. Again, they can't flag on you or they get guard whacked. If I have to bring this up again, and alright I will, Siege Perilous allowed reds in town. Period. It's not a big deal. It helps out with factions, as @wreckognize said, because it allowed anyone in factions to be able to fight anywhere which is good for PVP.
Too much talky more trolling is needed from you
halolz-dot-com-jerseyshorefalconpunch.gif

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
That chick looks mouthy. (snooki?) And no clue if it was a warranted punch. (which it's not, being preemptive) I am just curious if that guy would falcon punch a dude like that.

Or if it just cuz he likes his punches like he likes his ***** ..........EASY.

PS: Adam Sandler sippin his straw in the back lol.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Too much talky more trolling is needed from you

Nah not worth it, I'll just get chastised more while these idiots continue to reply about all the trolling and make their little condescending remarks, further derailing the thread. But that's all a-OK! Oops! I guess I did troll again after all!

Afro Man

Grandmaster
Nah not worth it, I'll just get chastised more while these idiots continue to reply about all the trolling and make their little condescending remarks, further derailing the thread. But that's all a-OK! Oops! I guess I did troll again after all!
Guess ill take them on
rosemary-nyirumbe-colbert.gif