I'm pretty new but one thing has me puzzled...

Kilike

Grandmaster
I think part of the issue is, when Red/Grey attacks and you try to defend yourself, alas while running away, you cannot use the safety of the guardzone anymore. This is where the issue lies, in my opinion. It's highly abused system for thieves. Thieves love it and anyone who eventually uses one will too, but it's highly abused tactic that should atleast be looked at.
Again... If a red or grey attacks you, and you go into guards, they get gwhacked. They can't physically flag on you in town if red/grey.

YOU however can flag THEM in town, and if YOU engaged that fight, then correct, guards can't be called.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Truth

Novice
OOOOHHH a trolling Fel post, been a few hours since the last one. Grew up dude, a new guy asked a question it's the same question I had when I started, because even in Fel, Reds couldn't come in town.

OHHHHHHHH a trammy cry thread. It's been what, 2-3 days since the last one?

Kilike

Grandmaster
OOOOHHH a trolling Fel post, been a few hours since the last one. Grew up dude, a new guy asked a question it's the same question I had when I started, because even in Fel, Reds couldn't come in town.
It started with his question. Which was fine. You however filled it with trammy tears and a complete lack of understanding on how flagging works.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Fattson

Grandmaster
I've been here for three years and I don't complain about anything. I assure you I get pked just as much as the next guy. So how about you grow the fuck up and stop being a whiney, condescending little *****.

Truth

Novice
Maybe the lack of understanding is the issue for new players? When you have Meta-Thief/Dexxer trolling Despise and/or Graveyard noobs, it's player griefing and trolling. You think it should be part of them game and that it fine, I never said I had an issue with it, I stated facts based off of how UO was back before. Go to any of the character template post and they all will say, most the builds are similar once you decide Mage/Dex/Thief. Many of you only know how to bash and not actually engage in a debate.

When new players are getting killed before they can hit their macro to recall, there should be a curve provided. You disagree but that it your opinion.

Truth

Novice
You're complaining now and you complained earlier. Try something other than trolling and insults and maybe your "Three years here" would matter. You couldn't provide anything to post worthwhile using those 3-years you have? Why waste time posting at all?

Kilike

Grandmaster
Maybe the lack of understanding is the issue for new players? When you have Meta-Thief/Dexxer trolling Despise and/or Graveyard noobs, it's player griefing and trolling. You think it should be part of them game and that it fine, I never said I had an issue with it, I stated facts based off of how UO was back before. Go to any of the character template post and they all will say, most the builds are similar once you decide Mage/Dex/Thief. Many of you only know how to bash and not actually engage in a debate.

When new players are getting killed before they can hit their macro to recall, there should be a curve provided. You disagree but that it your opinion.
You're terrible at this game, and obviously ********. A curve because people can't pay attention? What a stupid trammy thing to say.

If you or noobs aren't hitting their recall macro fast enough, it's because they're not paying attention, or got jumped by a stealther. A build you completely neglected to mention, as you think there's only a handful of viable builds.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Fattson

Grandmaster
You're complaining now and you complained earlier. Try something other than trolling and insults and maybe your "Three years here" would matter. You couldn't provide anything to post worthwhile using those 3-years you have? Why waste time posting at all?
My three years here do matter. It wasn't complaining. Maybe you are unaware of what a complaint it? Maybe you should review the other 34508937450934583049 cry threads that came before this one.

I ran one of the biggest new player friendly guilds for over a year. I do everything this server has to offer. PVM, crafting, faction pvp, on a red and a blue. One thing I haven't done is boo hoo hoo all over the forums. I'll leave that to other people....

Truth

Novice
Paying attention has nothing to do with people precasting spell explo pots for insta kills Despise/Graveyard noobs. What paying attention is involved? It is common tactic for players to use blue scouts to come in and pre-cast with their PvPers to insta-kill you. Your post assumes I have this issue, I do not, anymore but I played UO years ago. I am speaking for people who do and have ask questions about it, like the OP.

A huge common tactic is to spy on the Young Guild Chat on where guys are farming and come through with your Red to farm/PK them or their pets. This was very frequent event I observed that is not the INTENDED purpose.

You post assumes that everyone even knows about how Macros work (Which if you pulled your head out for a minute, you'd realize not everyone does and some even have no clue what they are).

I never said there are a handful of builds, I stated that they are all fairly similar, and that is very true you will not find many builds that stray from the Dexxer/Mage/Tamer/*Stealthier* base sets. I listed Thief, which can be a Stealthier, or so can your Dexxer. You have done nothing but come up with insults and attacks. I see why inexperienced players have trouble staying around the shard with the community that trolls the forums.

Someone disagrees or has misinformation and you guys go on the offensive. Learn to actually help and instead of trolling so damn much and you wouldn't have so many complainers to being with.

Truth

Novice
Maybe my post was interrupted as a "Boohoo" post, but it was not. I stated some facts about the shard along with my opinion. I answered the OP's question and inserted a possible suggestion because if the question was posted here then he's not the first to feel the same way and while it is acceptable to disagree with anyone's opinion, trying to help them or at least educate them would be the best method, especially if you want to bring in more players, instead of berating and trolling someones post to try and in more involved with the community.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Paying attention has nothing to do with people precasting spell explo pots for insta kills Despise/Graveyard noobs. What paying attention is involved? It is common tactic for players to use blue scouts to come in and pre-cast with their PvPers to insta-kill you. Your post assumes I have this issue, I do not, anymore but I played UO years ago. I am speaking for people who do and have ask questions about it, like the OP.

A huge common tactic is to spy on the Young Guild Chat on where guys are farming and come through with your Red to farm/PK them or their pets. This was very frequent event I observed that is not the INTENDED purpose.

You post assumes that everyone even knows about how Macros work (Which if you pulled your head out for a minute, you'd realize not everyone does and some even have no clue what they are).

I never said there are a handful of builds, I stated that they are all fairly similar, and that is very true you will not find many builds that stray from the Dexxer/Mage/Tamer/*Stealthier* base sets. I listed Thief, which can be a Stealthier, or so can your Dexxer. You have done nothing but come up with insults and attacks. I see why inexperienced players have trouble staying around the shard with the community that trolls the forums.

Someone disagrees or has misinformation and you guys go on the offensive. Learn to actually help and instead of trolling so damn much and you wouldn't have so many complainers to being with.
If people want help then they'll ask for it. If there's a question that isn't a complaint, it should probably be worded something like "Hey, this may be a uor based server, but I'm seeing things that I remember weren't in uor, such as..... Can some staff or experienced players point me into the right direction so that I can do some research. Maybe post links to threads that already exist that I may have skipped over. I would really appreciate it. Thank you."

As far as in general douche baggery goes, that's always gonna be a thing. We can't boot people for being an asshole. This is a free to play server that survives on the goodwill of the players in the form of purchase of donation coins and those wealthy players that purchase the dono coins from those that pay rl money for them.

UOF has become very complex over the years, and @Kilike is right. This is the sandbox. There's a million templates and playstyle combos here.

Fattson

Grandmaster
No one expects new guys to become pvp, pvm, or crafting all stars over night. NO ONE. What we do expect is for new guys who come here to show vets and staff some respect. Instead of criticizing, ask how to best play around the things you're unfamiliar with. These forums are here for that reason.

Truth

Novice
I am pretty sure that is what the OP was doing, and to be honest you did not add anything to help. You follow-up post are a bit more helpful. You also are assuming people know what OU:R vs say OU:ML is. Some do not. Some people see *High Seas* and think it is exactly that but it isn't. UO is a HARDCORE gamers' paradise but it is just that, HARDCORE and you get used to it or you don't but there's nothing wrong with thinking of ways to help balance.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Why is it that reds are allowed in town?

Its quite a bizarre affair to let them have the best of both worlds, back in the day it was a sacrifice for the red life (and not a huge deal as u have a house/mules/etc). One min there is a few of them just outside of town precasting etc and next min they are running through town banking away and so on.

Other than that the shard sure is alive and well.

Afraid we're gonna have to agree to disagree about that.

Fattson

Grandmaster
As previously stated, want me to add something of value, then ask the proper way. I get pms on the reg with people asking me the right questions and doing so in the right way.