I'm pretty new but one thing has me puzzled...

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Clearly he meant noto-style PvP, but regardless, he never said factions.

Factions is the right answer.

Technically my answer was right since it includes factions and all other types of pvp, while your answer was small minded shit

In summary:

R85t7C3.jpg

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
I will chime in about the templates, that while their are a bunch of possible templates. They seem to be a bit pigeonholed. T2a, uor uo was the shit. After trammel uo was more shit. But UO pvp did get a lot more intricate with the advent of ninjitsu, bushido, spellweaving, and all the dexer special moves etc. It really did become a much mo.re complex and challenging fighting system.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
... what? This is the next issue?

I've never had an issue with a red character being in town. If they weren't allowed, they'd just recall to Bucs instead, which would spread the player base, and which is bad for business.

If reds were allowed to openly kill others in town, it would be an issue. They aren't, so it's not.

Some One

Master
If you or noobs aren't hitting their recall macro fast enough, it's because they're not paying attention, or got jumped by a stealther. A build you completely neglected to mention, as you think there's only a handful of viable builds.
^ there is always recall away .
(most the time)

Some One

Master
You post assumes that everyone even knows about how Macros work (Which if you pulled your head out for a minute, you'd realize not everyone does and some even have no clue what they are).
This will need to be learned then. (in town so its safe?)
Macros are important in UO.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I think many would be happy to help others with understanding and making effective macros. Asking for that help is a better solution than complaining about an aspect of the game that isn't changing.

diminished

Grandmaster
There is a macro section for both clients. Both have anti pk macros in them. I honestly don't see how you have this much hate for pks. I do both, pk and pvm. If somehow I can't get my recall macro off and I die, 8/10 times the pk resses. Stop being a ***** and posting all these whiny trammy threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

SomeGuy

Adept
why the fuck is there a new thread bitching about something everytime i visit the forum. just fucking play and like what they provide

Kilike

Grandmaster
Learn to actually help and instead of trolling so damn much and you wouldn't have so many complainers to being with.

I can guarantee you, I help more new players than you have or ever will. However you've made it clear, time and time again, that you're an idiot.

Help instead of troll, and there would be less? How fucking stupid are you? The whiney little faggots like yourself, bring out the trolling, not the other way around you dipshit.

Notice NO one here bashed OP for his question. Why is that? Because he asked a question, simple as that. Yet you wonder why we tear your trammy tear filled ass up.

This isn't something you will win. Every new post you make, makes you appear more of a little *****.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Deadpool

Grandmaster
This is still going, hm? I don't think it's a big deal that reds are in town. Again, they can't flag on you or they get guard whacked. If I have to bring this up again, and alright I will, Siege Perilous allowed reds in town. Period. It's not a big deal. It helps out with factions, as @wreckognize said, because it allowed anyone in factions to be able to fight anywhere which is good for PVP.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Um does it matter? They can't attack you in town unless you already flagged on them.

And Siege Perilous always let reds in town.

This is a rude response to a new player asking what i thought was a good question since yes, seeing reds in town isn't really normal from osi days aside from sp. Try not to be so defensive to otherwise non offensive questions and posts @Deadpool

We allow it for factions, and just more action in general. Blues can attack reds in town at any time while reds can't attack blues in town at any time.
A red will venture into a town knowing that he can get ganged up on by 10 blues..
This creates one of those scenarios where 5 blues might want to attack a guy but no one makes a move until someone else is attacking him first. A lot of times reds will use this as a baiting technique to get them outside of down where 3 other reds will be sitting there with spells up.

All in all, it just creates more fun scenarios and doesn't harm anything. The only thing that i never liked is the same reason you're asking the question. It makes the game feel a bit off from what people remember as "normal ultima".

Truth

Novice
Again... If a red or grey attacks you, and you go into guards, they get gwhacked. They can't physically flag on you in town if red/grey.

YOU however can flag THEM in town, and if YOU engaged that fight, then correct, guards can't be called.

Sent from my SM-G900P

This is not 100% correct, I had this just happen again today. I (Blue) was attacked by another (Blue) within the Minoc Cave (Unguarded Area). I preceeded to defend myself and failing, I attempted to lure him into the guard zone and he could not be guard-wacked (because I defended myself instead of running). You have a right to defend yourself, yes, but in doing so you lose all protections from the guards.

You can test this if you disagree, but it happened to me before and it just happened to me 3 or 4 hours ago. I still won the fight, and the issue is not an issue I cannot deal with. But it is a highly abused tactic that preys on newer players.

EDIT: There may be a time-lapse, if too long passed from the initial attack, you cannot guard them, regardless if they are still attacking you are not. All in all, I know it's a system thieves and shitty PKers use and it's nothing but a deterrence to new players.

Truth

Novice
I will chime in about the templates, that while their are a bunch of possible templates. They seem to be a bit pigeonholed. T2a, uor uo was the shit. After trammel uo was more shit. But UO pvp did get a lot more intricate with the advent of ninjitsu, bushido, spellweaving, and all the dexer special moves etc. It really did become a much mo.re complex and challenging fighting system.

+1 this is exactly what I meant.

Truth

Novice
why the fuck is there a new thread bitching about something everytime i visit the forum. just fucking play and like what they provide
If we did that then why the hell is the mods even allows? Customization? Because you can do what you want and change what you want to make people happy.

Do more than troll the forums and maybe you wouldn't be bitching yourself. The OP had a legit question, it's the people like you in the community that are the issue, not PKs. (Eliminating the ability to troll, removes trolls. Alas, also removes Anti-Trolls)

Kilike

Grandmaster
This is not 100% correct, I had this just happen again today. I (Blue) was attacked by another (Blue) within the Minoc Cave (Unguarded Area). I preceeded to defend myself and failing, I attempted to lure him into the guard zone and he could not be guard-wacked (because I defended myself instead of running). You have a right to defend yourself, yes, but in doing so you lose all protections from the guards.

You can test this if you disagree, but it happened to me before and it just happened to me 3 or 4 hours ago. I still won the fight, and the issue is not an issue I cannot deal with. But it is a highly abused tactic that preys on newer players.

EDIT: There may be a time-lapse, if too long passed from the initial attack, you cannot guard them, regardless if they are still attacking you are not. All in all, I know it's a system thieves and shitty PKers use and it's nothing but a deterrence to new players.
No... That didn't happen. If they flag on you, and you attack back. Doesn't matter, they can be guard whacked.

Of course there is a time frame on it. After 2mins(i think), they will still show grey to you, as they flagged, but they're no longer considered crim.

Are you new to UO in general or? I'm not sure how you're confused on 20 year old mechanics. This is standard.
Sent from my SM-G900P

Truth

Novice
I can guarantee you, I help more new players than you have or ever will. However you've made it clear, time and time again, that you're an idiot.

Help instead of troll, and there would be less? How fucking stupid are you? The whiney little faggots like yourself, bring out the trolling, not the other way around you dipshit.

Notice NO one here bashed OP for his question. Why is that? Because he asked a question, simple as that. Yet you wonder why we tear your trammy tear filled ass up.

This isn't something you will win. Every new post you make, makes you appear more of a little *****.

Sent from my SM-G900P

You obviously don't know what the definition of a troll is, because you're classic troll. Nobody "brought you here" you brought yourself here, you could have happily sat there, not commented, and continued on your day.

Secondly, yes if there was less trolling, people would vent/ask questions/complain and likely just move on. You guys turn everything into a insult party because you don't know how to have a conversation with someone who disagrees with you and are the reasons why this topic is even still going on. You've brought nothing constructing to the thread and you obviously still cannot other than your ranting.

This is a discussion thread, there is nothing to *Win* here, that fact alone shows you have some issues to work out if you're trying to *Win* a discussion of opinions.

Kilike

Grandmaster
You obviously don't know what the definition of a troll is, because you're classic troll. Nobody "brought you here" you brought yourself here, you could have happily sat there, not commented, and continued on your day.

Secondly, yes if there was less trolling, people would vent/ask questions/complain and likely just move on. You guys turn everything into a insult party because you don't know how to have a conversation with someone who disagrees with you and are the reasons why this topic is even still going on. You've brought nothing constructing to the thread and you obviously still cannot other than your ranting.

This is a discussion thread, there is nothing to *Win* here, that fact alone shows you have some issues to work out if you're trying to *Win* a discussion of opinions.
Yet this post from you does nothing for the thread where as my last post pointed out that you're an idiot. Yet again. Shocker there.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Truth

Novice
No... That didn't happen. If they flag on you, and you attack back. Doesn't matter, they can be guard whacked.

Of course there is a time frame on it. After 2mins(i think), they will still show grey to you, as they flagged, but they're no longer considered crim.

Are you new to UO in general or? I'm not sure how you're confused on 20 year old mechanics. This is standard.
Sent from my SM-G900P

Lmao, yes it did happen. Ask the poor guy whos full plate armour I looted and killed since I couldn't guard-wack him. (He tried to box me in with his other toons, boxed himself in to his death he tried running since the guards wouldn't kill him when I tried) He fled INTO town after engaging the fight, if I would have ran first then yes, I could have wacked him but because I stayed and fought, then ran into town, the guards will not help. This is exactly what I've said before, and keep saying.

He picked a fight and lost, like I said, I can handle it because I'm not new. It's still an issue that I could abuse if I wanted to but I do not.