IDOC plus/minuses and the deterioration of the server economy!

drasked

Grandmaster
5-6 Idoc a day, you think really intercept)))? And it was an example - how the economy works!

You argue that the problem is people selling items from IDOC underpriced, somehow damaging the economy? I would argue this to be an amazing opportunity for a trader.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
Are you robbing at home in real life? How can this be part of the economy, this is nonsense! Let me tell you an example, see --- There is a craft, he makes bows, many hours he pumps skills, then he cuts trees for a long time, then makes bows, it all takes a long time. In the end, the cost of one onion goes 2.5k! But he wants to earn something and put them on the seller for 4k! And next to it there is a salesman, his owner never cut trees in his life and does not know how to produce bows at all, but he is robbing houses in 10 minutes. And he sells bows for 1k!

Now the question, how do you think Sells the seller their expensive bows, or not? And now look, people who buy bows for 1k, will think that this is a normal price, and they will never buy bows for 4k! A crafter will no longer produce bows!
Another say an example?

You lost me when your fletcher who was chopping down trees and making bows started to sell onions for 2.5k

egor

Grandmaster
You lost me when your fletcher who was chopping down trees and making bows started to sell onions for 2.5k

Do you know what an example is? This is not a concrete situation but like! I explained to you the essence))), how the economy works! Learns to read between the lines, rather than prideratsya to words

egor

Grandmaster
You argue that the problem is people selling items from IDOC underpriced, somehow damaging the economy? I would argue this to be an amazing opportunity for a trader.

))) Example! A bit of specifics)))! I would say that the American market is crowded with Chinese cheap goods, which harms the local producer and bad affects the US economy, while depriving US citizens of their jobs! That's clearer? Guys, you're sorry! But try to get knowledge sometimes! Not only, to play games

Last edited:

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I agree with much of what egor is saying, and with the suggestion of 25% of the loot decaying, or maybe more, however IDOC's are an activity in the game, and we need to expand on activities, not make them dwindle..

With that said, IDOC's play a small part in the economy, the meta race has been fun for me, and as I get more powerful on my meta mage, 2 of 4 relics now, I realize how much better I can farm, and how fast relic prices are rising (shadowy went from 3 mil 3 months ago, to 8 mill!), and how fast meta tamers can farm... If you want to talk about problems with the economy, allowing everyone to farm 2x - 3x faster with their meta templates, puts that much more gold in the market, inflating the costs of everything. That has destroyed the economy, just as much or more as the IDOC's.

On top of that I'd present the stealable rares market. Sure there were a few people who may have made money off them, but to farm the rares, they'd forgo farming other gold - so their income was solely on getting a rare, and selling it. Putting it out in the market, had other people spending their excess gold on it..The stealable rares are gone - now they spawn on mobs? people, make money, then get lucky additional money?

Too many items, too much gold in the economy.. some of it seriously has to go... OMG.. bring in a statue sink already... so that they become worth something again.

The End

Master
I have not been to this new idoc monster system. But I hear it's different but still controllable by large guilds killing the monsters. What if you make the monsters run like paragons but away from players so instead of them chasing players the players have to chase them. Put a despawn timer on them so they only last x amount of time before they dissapear from whence they came. It would be near impossible for any guild on uof to control the idoc if they must chase down speedhacking paragons before they die. They would have to choose. Chase the paragons and kill them. Or kill the players at the idoc. Also would have to choose which group to chase down since it would scatter them all over if yet just took off like roaches. A lot of loot decays. Check. Splits up big groups from controlling. Check. Gives ppl the chance to solo idoc. Check.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
50% of loot goes on mobs that spawn at the idoc.
50% of loot goes to random mobs across the shard.

I suggest making idoc mobs MOTM (at least some spawn) since MOTM spawns are low and constantly camped. This gives an added incentive for people to do idocs for the MOTM loot since most idocs have garbage loot. The goal is to increase the amount of people doing idocs and i'm sure this will help.

Having idoc loot go to random mobs loot across the shard will entice more people to farm dungeons regularly because you never know what you may find. This is a good thing and achieves multiple objectives. I'll farm dungeons all the time if i have a chance at good loot and not just 126 gold.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
To OP: what is getting cheaper? House prices for 18x18 and up are through the roof. Relics are holding value or even increasing (mage).

Janesworld

Apprentice
I agree with much of what egor is saying, and with the suggestion of 25% of the loot decaying, or maybe more, however IDOC's are an activity in the game, and we need to expand on activities, not make them dwindle..

With that said, IDOC's play a small part in the economy, the meta race has been fun for me, and as I get more powerful on my meta mage, 2 of 4 relics now, I realize how much better I can farm, and how fast relic prices are rising (shadowy went from 3 mil 3 months ago, to 8 mill!), and how fast meta tamers can farm... If you want to talk about problems with the economy, allowing everyone to farm 2x - 3x faster with their meta templates, puts that much more gold in the market, inflating the costs of everything. That has destroyed the economy, just as much or more as the IDOC's.

On top of that I'd present the stealable rares market. Sure there were a few people who may have made money off them, but to farm the rares, they'd forgo farming other gold - so their income was solely on getting a rare, and selling it. Putting it out in the market, had other people spending their excess gold on it..The stealable rares are gone - now they spawn on mobs? people, make money, then get lucky additional money?

Too many items, too much gold in the economy.. some of it seriously has to go... OMG.. bring in a statue sink already... so that they become worth something again.

What happened 3 months ago that made the market have this much of an increase in price?

I just returned and looked back at some previous sell/buy threads and everything seems to have steadily increased in price.

I'm not trolling at all just trying to get a read of the server/prices and why the market has changed. ( housing included, went from 1m for an 18x18 to 2-3m +

And to keep this on topic. I think the npc should be removed and 0% of the items deleted. That and no one knows what or how much really is deleted. I like the way they were, where everything falls onto the ground and it becomes a FFA ( insane rush, heart beating rushing to grab the one item/chest that you had your eye on ) .

Maybe change it so that after the house drops there in a small window to grab loot before it decays 15 min - 1 hour? ( yes it would suck to lose some of our lore this way, but this is how it always has been ) .

I think this would be a much better way to get rid of items in game while still allowing players the ability to do idocs as they once remembered.

What's that saying if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Like I said this is just my opinion and meant In no way to have any malice towards staff or the server. This is hands down the best place to play.

The End

Master
I think you missed the part where Shane and staff have been watching the idoc scene for over a year to make a sound decision based on what they saw. What they saw they didn't like. So they changed it. Thank your staff for putting in the effort to give you a balanced server to play. They have the all seeing eyes. We don't.

Last edited: