IDOC plus/minuses and the deterioration of the server economy!

smile it's me

Grandmaster
I loved idocs on OSI. It allowed me to obtain a lot of valuable rares and items that weren't obtainable anymore (server birth rares, old event items, doubled blessed items) It would be a waste to see events items and pieces of UOF lore just be deleted. Maybe the change should be something much more random. Like when the home hits the stage of condemned it can't be refreshed anymore. But the timer can then be somewhere from 6 hours to 6 days before it falls. Let the random guy wandering by get lucky and find a treasure trove of loot or let it fall and decay if no one checks.

this is a really good idea

egor

Grandmaster
I loved idocs on OSI. It allowed me to obtain a lot of valuable rares and items that weren't obtainable anymore (server birth rares, old event items, doubled blessed items) It would be a waste to see events items and pieces of UOF lore just be deleted. Maybe the change should be something much more random. Like when the home hits the stage of condemned it can't be refreshed anymore. But the timer can then be somewhere from 6 hours to 6 days before it falls. Let the random guy wandering by get lucky and find a treasure trove of loot or let it fall and decay if no one checks.

I already see how EQMS or Evil - Parked in invisibility - there for all 6 days, and come up with an alert macro ))) The result will be the same!
One must not forget that the last destruction lasts 6 hours. In six hours - this house will find the floor of Britain! To that there can also be a different track to start watching when the house switches to Fairly = and count the days yourself!

The result will be the same!

egor

Grandmaster
@Streets You're on the right track.
Any of that is fine.
Every time a house falls i see it as a player lost. Every single day there is 1-5 idocs that fall, it has been this way for years now. As you can see by the introduce yourself thread we gain players daily but we also have losses which you can see by idocs, except each player can have 3 houses. So every player lost is 3 idocs but this is even up for debate. I've looked a the numbers though.
So with every player lost it is a negative to the entire server and community. No single person or guild is entitled to any of that lost players possessions. So the way i see it after MUCH consideration, research, observation and experience is that each idoc should A: be made into a server wide mini event and B: The idoc loot should be obtainable by large guilds, medium guilds, small guilds and solo players. Basically anyone active should be able to benefit from an idoc.
How it has worked in the past 2+ years is the same 2-3 guilds have consistently controlled, taken over and devoured every single idoc every, single day, every single week, month and years. We have less than 40 people that have benefited insanely from those who have quit. Do the math. 40 or less people benefited from 1-3 idocs per day for 2.5 years. I've watched it first hand, and that is why i am confident about this change and feel strongly about it.
This has been well thought out, this is also why the building inspector was implemented months and months ago. All of this is going to come together eventually i promise. We want your feedback, but be reasonable and definitely don't pretend that you have rights to any IDOC loot because the truth is it should be all deleted which would boost the economy ten-fold but we are trying to find a middle ground here for everyone.
I personally spent 30-45 days watching every single idoc sitting invisible and silently about a year ago. That is when i knew a change needed to be made. One idoc can reap 10+ million in items plus the plot, it was insane. I had no idea where these people i was watching were putting all this shit, they were just hoarding it in insane amounts. This is how long these changes have been thought up and discussed.
These idoc changes aren't coming out of our ass for sure, and are a direct result of CLOSE observation and understanding.

I want to suggest. That it is necessary to reduce the extraction to 25% by random.
(15% give to the lottery, 10% to distribute to all monsters in Britain!)

And to make a regular lottery, that is, to sell in the Britain for NPC tickets - one ticket 20k or 100 dono, for one person a maximum of 1 ticket for ACC. You can get a bench, you can get a dragon's egg, But also, you can get nothing!! Winning you will be sent to the bank.
That's all, and let - Fight for plot!

This will resolve the situation with the withdrawal of money from the game! And just save IDoc in the game!

Last edited:

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
I already see how EQMS or Evil - Parked in invisibility - there for all 6 days, and come up with an alert macro ))) The result will be the same!
One must not forget that the last destruction lasts 6 hours. In six hours - this house will find the floor of Britain! To that there can also be a different track to start watching when the house switches to Fairly = and count the days yourself!

The result will be the same!
How would the result be the same? It can be easy to stay logged in for six hours for it to drop. My suggestion was To have it just randomly drop over a six day period once it goes idoc. Hell...if some nitwit wants to sit there for up to six days for the chance it will drop when they are there...they should get it.

How would the result be the same? It can be easy to stay logged in for six hours for it to drop. My suggestion was To have it just randomly drop over a six day period once it goes idoc. Hell...if some nitwit wants to sit there for up to six days for the chance it will drop when they are there...they should get it.
Only problem I could see here is it actually narrows who can control idocs more. If I was invested in idocs I could simply place a character against a wall trying to walk into in. When it falls your character (or ghost) would move and send out an alert in alliance chat and anybody with a rune to the house that's online at the time could come in.
The issue most people have with idocs is they are controlled by a single group, which I always laugh at because there are a number of successful crews out there right now. This change would probably knock out a few of the smaller ones..

egor

Grandmaster

I think that 1 character can be left, for 6 days to take for free, for 5 minutes, 20 million! Will be the same! It's all very easy to do! Especially if there are 20 people!

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
or a house sign doesn't indicate what stage of decay it is (except to owners and co-owners) But then...there would be no fun idoc fights

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i kind of like the idea of some of it disappearimg forever and some of it land on random mobs throughout the game. would be funny for a noob to kill a lizard man and get a charcoal bone mask...

and even funnier if he doesnt know what it is and let's it decay on the corpse

Firecrest

Grandmaster
everything is deleted, true server rares can be up for a lotto, or auction and that gold is deleted.
The Idoc still does the spawn for the spot.
Nothing in those houses need to be owned by someone else. Maybe make exceptions once in a while for special house.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
In your opinion it's funny, 5-10 PK vs. 1. For whom is it funny, for a Werkt?

Does Werkt clean up on all the idocs...I know my guild has done well lately with them? Maybe you could make a few friends or join a guild ?

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
everything is deleted, true server rares can be up for a lotto, or auction and that gold is deleted.
The Idoc still does the spawn for the spot.
Nothing in those houses need to be owned by someone else. Maybe make exceptions once in a while for special house.

I don't idoc often so I don't really have a hat in the race. But, I do know that many newer players have used idoc hunting as a good source of funds to help them get started on the shard. Idoc's have always been a niche many players like to get involved in. Just don't see the point to eliminate that play style.

egor

Grandmaster
Does Werkt clean up on all the idocs...I know my guild has done well lately with them? Maybe you could make a few friends or join a guild ?

Not interesting, Idoc is hurting the economy. I'm a trader! And then Idoc should be for everyone, not for 2-3 guilds! Especially I would understand you were doing the quest, But you come and steal! And on a large scale, in fact, you do not do anything, it's an undeserved loot!

egor

Grandmaster
I don't idoc often so I don't really have a hat in the race. But, I do know that many newer players have used idoc hunting as a good source of funds to help them get started on the shard. Idoc's have always been a niche many players like to get involved in. Just don't see the point to eliminate that play style.

Many people want! But in fact, they can not! Because of your greed, take it all! Idoc uses 30 people, from all over the server! I for the sake of interest went to Idok today! And Came Idoke 4 Tamers and 3-4 PK came. PK - I was not allowed to go to monsters, and the Tamers at that moment killed everyone and took the loot! That's all, 100% loot Werkt! You are greedy, and pests of the economy, and most importantly these things you get undeservedly!

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
IDOC has always been part of the economy. Kinda like the buy items from others then reselling at much, much higher prices.

egor

Grandmaster
IDOC has always been part of the economy. Kinda like the buy items from others then reselling at much, much higher prices.

Are you robbing at home in real life? How can this be part of the economy, this is nonsense! Let me tell you an example, see --- There is a craft, he makes bows, many hours he pumps skills, then he cuts trees for a long time, then makes bows, it all takes a long time. In the end, the cost of one onion goes 2.5k! But he wants to earn something and put them on the seller for 4k! And next to it there is a salesman, his owner never cut trees in his life and does not know how to produce bows at all, but he is robbing houses in 10 minutes. And he sells bows for 1k!

Now the question, how do you think Sells the seller their expensive bows, or not? And now look, people who buy bows for 1k, will think that this is a normal price, and they will never buy bows for 4k! A crafter will no longer produce bows!
Another say an example?

drasked

Grandmaster
Are you robbing at home in real life? How can this be part of the economy, this is nonsense! Let me tell you an example, see --- There is a craft, he makes bows, many hours he pumps skills, then he cuts trees for a long time, then makes bows, it all takes a long time. In the end, the cost of one onion goes 2.5k! But he wants to earn something and put them on the seller for 4k! And next to it there is a salesman, his owner never cut trees in his life and does not know how to produce bows at all, but he is robbing houses in 10 minutes. And he sells bows for 1k!

Now the question, how do you think Sells the seller their expensive bows, or not? And now look, people who buy bows for 1k, will think that this is a normal price, and they will never buy bows for 4k! A crafter will no longer produce bows!
Another say an example?

Buy all the bows for 1k and resell for 4k?