IDOC plus/minuses and the deterioration of the server economy!

egor

Grandmaster
I decided to write a short article, it was given to me hard, because I do not know English well, just, please, try to understand me.

I would like to draw attention to the problem of the economy on the server, after my long absence, I play a month and in this short time I realized that the server's economy is collapsing! Things are getting cheaper, gold is getting bigger.

One of the most important reasons I would like to draw attention to is Idoc!

To begin with, I will describe everything briefly, so that it was clear that Idoc exists for the joy of a small number of the elect! And that is 20-30 people! Who spend the whole day at the bank and then go for half an hour to steal someone else's! They come in blue players, and when competitors appear they enter the PK and kill everyone, then they calmly loot everything! Primitive tactics of power. Strengthening monsters only worsened the situation, if you yourself, and while you kill the dragon you kill the PK! That is, not the mind and skill wins, but the crowd of people! Strengthening monsters helped only the same 20-30 people, because there are a lot of them! And for singles this only worsened the situation! 20-30 people - clap their hands, before they Loot 70% of things, now 99%!

But the main problem is that Idoc influences very much on the economy, things do not disappear anywhere and they become cheaper! And Once upon a time rare things, Nothing stands, because there are a lot of them and only becomes more! For example - today - only for one day there were 6 Idoc!

The second problem is the withdrawal of gold from the game, it is done in many ways, for example - someone buys dono for gold and then buys the rare things for dono! But why buy something when there is Idoc. People with Idoc already have 10 sets of bless clothes and everything you just want! They sell it on the forum and people do not need to buy something for a dono!

I express purely my vision of what is happening, and naturally they will troll me, because these 20-30 people will be unhappy! Guys do not be offended, I think globally, and I'm not interested in your pocket!

I propose to discuss the situation with Idoc

1. Remove all loot Idoc or leave randomly 15-20%
(I think that the land on which you will put the house - it will be enough! It's a very good profit - put the house for 300k - sold for 2-3 million, and if you take 24x24 - so there's generally 10-15 million! Just draw parallels with the Champions - People there are more tormented and receive as much as for the house.)

2. Enter new super expensive items for gold, to withdraw gold from the game

It will offend only 20-30 people.Because the rest of the players, do not go to the Idoc! I think this is a worthy price, for the economic recovery!

Today - only for one day there were 6 Idoc!
When a person has everything, interest disappears.
Thank you.

egor

Grandmaster
I wonder if, diamonds were distributed free of charge on the street, every day. How much would they stand in a year? I think it's cheaper than the sand, from which glass is made.

I want half the items to be distributed as monster loot across the world, 25% to delete, and 25% to spawn as ettins.

But...

The ettins thing is awesome.. is it possible to make all IDOC areas no-mount zones? I figure the Ettins have to spawn within a radius of the house so it might be easy

egor

Grandmaster
The ettins thing is awesome.. is it possible to make all IDOC areas no-mount zones? I figure the Ettins have to spawn within a radius of the house so it might be easy

Then it loses its meaning!.. not awesome, It's the same as giving out diamonds on the road. They will lose their price!

Remove all loot Idoc

Last edited:

egor

Grandmaster
I want half the items to be distributed as monster loot across the world, 25% to delete, and 25% to spawn as ettins.

But...

Problems, IDOC in another

1. This is not a quest, and never will be. Because you know in advance who will win it! The one where more people!

2. If you run Ettin - there are 6 IDOC a day, is it In each Ettine will be on a PW robe each ? Why would anyone kill other monsters))))

2. Lut constantly gets into the same hands. Or rather, people who already have everything! Greed!

3. And most importantly. That things do not disappear anywhere, which means they constantly increase in quantum (This is the worst thing that can be for the economy)!

Deimos

Adept
hehehe
problem idoc for you - you can't looting :D

and make this thread))))economy problem :D its only your problem))))

egor very very love free money)))but if this money get not egor egor is sad :)

Last edited:

egor

Grandmaster
I did not say anything about my purse, you are fundamentally wrong! I am in favor of Remove all loot Idoc!
Well, yesterday I was at 6 IDOC, And it's because of what I took that I saw how much loot! I wrote this post! A lot of free stuff and money for half an hour! Have you been using toilet paper for 5 years? Imagine that things do not disappear in the real world, and how this affects the economy. You have a friend, as always, limited thinking! You do not know how to think globally. I do not buy your trolling, I created a fairly serious topic.

Idoc - It's not just the bless clothes. it Regs, Bods, Log, Iron, PS, SS, and many more!
There is no cycle in the withdrawal of money and things from the game!
Thank you

Last edited:

Streets

Grandmaster
Ok based off of your views we need a gold sink (agreed) and the wealth from idoc needs better distribution?

With those factors what if all items from the idoc went up for raffle? When the house collapses all items receive a check % say 25% for this example. If the item fails the check it is deleted forever. If it passes the first check a raffle is created where players can sink gold trying to win an item. Players would not know what items are up for the raffle but simply would buy 1 entry on 1 random item. You may end up with a relic that was locked down you may end up with a bench you may end up with nothing.

So it would look something like this.. item 1 falls from house deleted check fails item is destroyed.

Item 2 falls and passes delete check. Npc in town list the item ( not named) on a lottery Gump. Players can buy a chance to win the UN named item. If 100 people buy in they have a 1 in 100 chance at the item.

This is repeated for each item.

Items are deleted, items are handed out randomly, gold is sunk?

Streets

Grandmaster
Another option is send the items as loot for the new mini invasions that are supposed to be out there? (I only say supposed due to I have not seen one yet my self.) They are random and will add to the loot table.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
@Streets You're on the right track.
Any of that is fine.

Every time a house falls i see it as a player lost. Every single day there is 1-5 idocs that fall, it has been this way for years now. As you can see by the introduce yourself thread we gain players daily but we also have losses which you can see by idocs, except each player can have 3 houses. So every player lost is 3 idocs but this is even up for debate. I've looked a the numbers though.

So with every player lost it is a negative to the entire server and community. No single person or guild is entitled to any of that lost players possessions. So the way i see it after MUCH consideration, research, observation and experience is that each idoc should A: be made into a server wide mini event and B: The idoc loot should be obtainable by large guilds, medium guilds, small guilds and solo players. Basically anyone active should be able to benefit from an idoc.

How it has worked in the past 2+ years is the same 2-3 guilds have consistently controlled, taken over and devoured every single idoc every, single day, every single week, month and years. We have less than 40 people that have benefited insanely from those who have quit. Do the math. 40 or less people benefited from 1-3 idocs per day for 2.5 years. I've watched it first hand, and that is why i am confident about this change and feel strongly about it.

This has been well thought out, this is also why the building inspector was implemented months and months ago. All of this is going to come together eventually i promise. We want your feedback, but be reasonable and definitely don't pretend that you have rights to any IDOC loot because the truth is it should be all deleted which would boost the economy ten-fold but we are trying to find a middle ground here for everyone.

I personally spent 30-45 days watching every single idoc sitting invisible and silently about a year ago. That is when i knew a change needed to be made. One idoc can reap 10+ million in items plus the plot, it was insane. I had no idea where these people i was watching were putting all this shit, they were just hoarding it in insane amounts. This is how long these changes have been thought up and discussed.

These idoc changes aren't coming out of our ass for sure, and are a direct result of CLOSE observation and understanding.

Last edited:

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
...because the truth is it should be all deleted which would boost the economy ten-fold...
I agree with you 100%! Everything just gets redistributed and never leaves the game except when it's in a bankbox.

I enjoyed 5 years of UO on OSI until I got introducted to an IDOC one day. I gained more wealth that day than I ever did in all playtime together. Needless to say I abandoned all other game aspects and focussed on IDOCing. About 6 months later I realized the game was nothing more but staring at screens for houses to fall. That's when I quit UO. On UOF I refrain from making the same mistake again but the truth is that it's so tempting to use shortcuts. All endgame content is useless if you can just steal all the efforts of somebody who left the game.

Kird

Adept
@Streets You're on the right track.
Any of that is fine.

Every time a house falls i see it as a player lost. Every single day there is 1-5 idocs that fall, it has been this way for years now. As you can see by the introduce yourself thread we gain players daily but we also have losses which you can see by idocs, except each player can have 3 houses. So every player lost is 3 idocs but this is even up for debate. I've looked a the numbers though.

So with every player lost it is a negative to the entire server and community. No single person or guild is entitled to any of that lost players possessions. So the way i see it after MUCH consideration, research, observation and experience is that each idoc should A: be made into a server wide mini event and B: The idoc loot should be obtainable by large guilds, medium guilds, small guilds and solo players. Basically anyone active should be able to benefit from an idoc.

How it has worked in the past 2+ years is the same 2-3 guilds have consistently controlled, taken over and devoured every single idoc every, single day, every single week, month and years. We have less than 40 people that have benefited insanely from those who have quit. Do the math. 40 or less people benefited from 1-3 idocs per day for 2.5 years. I've watched it first hand, and that is why i am confident about this change and feel strongly about it.

This has been well thought out, this is also why the building inspector was implemented months and months ago. All of this is going to come together eventually i promise. We want your feedback, but be reasonable and definitely don't pretend that you have rights to any IDOC loot because the truth is it should be all deleted which would boost the economy ten-fold but we are trying to find a middle ground here for everyone.

I personally spent 30-45 days watching every single idoc sitting invisible and silently about a year ago. That is when i knew a change needed to be made. One idoc can reap 10+ million in items plus the plot, it was insane. I had no idea where these people i was watching were putting all this shit, they were just hoarding it in insane amounts. This is how long these changes have been thought up and discussed.

These idoc changes aren't coming out of our ass for sure, and are a direct result of CLOSE observation and understanding.

spread out loot and more action at IDOCs is awesome
I do not like champ spawns at IDOCs. They cause a ton of lag
or is that just me ? o_O

egor

Grandmaster
I agree with you 100%! Everything just gets redistributed and never leaves the game except when it's in a bankbox.

I enjoyed 5 years of UO on OSI until I got introducted to an IDOC one day. I gained more wealth that day than I ever did in all playtime together. Needless to say I abandoned all other game aspects and focussed on IDOCing. About 6 months later I realized the game was nothing more but staring at screens for houses to fall. That's when I quit UO. On UOF I refrain from making the same mistake again but the truth is that it's so tempting to use shortcuts. All endgame content is useless if you can just steal all the efforts of somebody who left the game.

I totally agree with this 100%

egor

Grandmaster
spread out loot and more action at IDOCs is awesome
I do not like champ spawns at IDOCs. They cause a ton of lag
or is that just me ? o_O

))) because champ spawns Heavier, and IDOC you will get 10 million for 5 minutes! And if yours are 20 people - it's more like a walk in the park! You instead of playing and running around the world or being a normal PK, you stand at home! I do not see a PK except on IDoc! But I'm more concerned about the economy,I run around the all world every day and see - how the world is overcrowded rare item. More and more!

Last edited:

egor

Grandmaster
Ok based off of your views we need a gold sink (agreed) and the wealth from idoc needs better distribution?

With those factors what if all items from the idoc went up for raffle? When the house collapses all items receive a check % say 25% for this example. If the item fails the check it is deleted forever. If it passes the first check a raffle is created where players can sink gold trying to win an item. Players would not know what items are up for the raffle but simply would buy 1 entry on 1 random item. You may end up with a relic that was locked down you may end up with a bench you may end up with nothing.

So it would look something like this.. item 1 falls from house deleted check fails item is destroyed.

Item 2 falls and passes delete check. Npc in town list the item ( not named) on a lottery Gump. Players can buy a chance to win the UN named item. If 100 people buy in they have a 1 in 100 chance at the item.

This is repeated for each item.

Items are deleted, items are handed out randomly, gold is sunk?

You can add to this

3. The item is sent to the bank. Just in case - if you are killed by a PK, before the distribution or after! But the percentage should be made to a minimum, with the amendment-that someone can have nothing to get! But here there is a problem that someone can come at once 3 characters!

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
I loved idocs on OSI. It allowed me to obtain a lot of valuable rares and items that weren't obtainable anymore (server birth rares, old event items, doubled blessed items) It would be a waste to see events items and pieces of UOF lore just be deleted. Maybe the change should be something much more random. Like when the home hits the stage of condemned it can't be refreshed anymore. But the timer can then be somewhere from 6 hours to 6 days before it falls. Let the random guy wandering by get lucky and find a treasure trove of loot or let it fall and decay if no one checks.