GENERAL BUGFIXXING, HARDER RULESET

K A Z

Grandmaster
some things I'm really fed up with:

Thins that should be changed:
- stam-loss after you've ressed. It's just plain fucking stupid. Everytime I ress I can't move my char for 2+ Minutes, and it's just fucking painful and makes me wanna log off.

- mount fatigue. Was never implented probably and is just hurting noobs in factions that are using horses. Either get rid of it, or fucking fix it.

- pots unstack on death. I think it's about time @Shane realizes that unstacked pots add little to no "nostalgic feeling" to the game when everyones running around with neon colored ancient wyrms as their dragons. It just sucks when you can't even carry your own pot bag after you've died. Pots also don't always stack - just get rid of this customish shit, pots should not unstack, ever.

- stun tamers. It's been what? 1 year? 2 Years? And we're still stuck with this fucking pay2win template. Anyone dare to explain why we need a 8x template that can only be BOUGHT with high sums of gold? Dumb, ********, shitty are the adjectives that come to my mind when I think of that fuckery of a template. CHANGE.

- Explosion potions and splash damage. I used to hate this myself, but having played diff servers as of late (keke), I love it now. And it's fucking good to counter a zerg! Imagine EQMS noobs killing themselves with their own pots because they keep on missing them..fucking hilarious! Faction fights inside towns are non-existing, anyways. Add asap! (but add a TRUE VERSION of this. Explopots hit EVERYONE, no MATTER if you're red, blue, or chinese.)

- proper AOE spells. Same reasons as above, add to the ruleset, make the game more challenging and more dynamic. That's what UOF needs! Make it more CHALLENGING! Add DIVERSITY! It feels so dull at times right now. It's just the same old shit over and over again

- Beetles should be more accessible ! They're the ultimate noobie ride, but are a fucking hustle to get right now. Why is that so? It's not as if these shits have a real market, anyways. Just fucks with noobs, and makes their lives unnecessarily hard. C H A N G E.

- NO FUCKING DELAY ON MAGIC ARROW. Yea, just remove it. @Shane might be against it, but then again I haven't seen him being a PVPer on this Server, either. Don't be so stubborn and listen to your more experiences Players for _once_.

- HARDER RULESET FOR REDS! No banking in towns, no buying shit, no recalling out of dungeons (gates only), for fuck sake for all I care ban em from entering towns. Harsher ruleset for PKs should have been the FIRST thing to happen when the "PK crisis" (of which I think that it doesnt exist) first emerged.

other suggestions:

- Wands. Add them, simple as that. They're not that bad, and they are a great addition to the loot table. Imagine how much GP trammies could make with em! They also make the game more diverse. If you can't handle dying to them, then I would suggest to play another game! Because WHO CARES IF THEYRE LAME AT TIMES??

Also please fix the explorer conquest, the slower pet speed when activating the fly command etc. If anything the next expansion should be a bug fix expansion that fixes all the stuff thats broken/not working instead of adding more stuff that may be broken.

Peav

Grandmaster

- stam-loss after you've ressed. It's just plain fucking stupid. Everytime I ress I can't move my char for 2+ Minutes, and it's just fucking painful and makes me wanna log off.

walk or gate yourself out.

- mount fatigue. Was never implented probably and is just hurting noobs in factions that are using horses. Either get rid of it, or fucking fix it.

it is implemented.

- pots unstack on death. I think it's about time @Shane realizes that unstacked pots add little to no "nostalgic feeling" to the game when everyones running around with neon colored ancient wyrms as their dragons. It just sucks when you can't even carry your own pot bag after you've died. Pots also don't always stack - just get rid of this customish shit, pots should not unstack, ever.

[organizeme

- stun tamers. It's been what? 1 year? 2 Years? And we're still stuck with this fucking pay2win template. Anyone dare to explain why we need a 8x template that can only be BOUGHT with high sums of gold? Dumb, ********, shitty are the adjectives that come to my mind when I think of that fuckery of a template. CHANGE.

learn to play against it?

- Explosion potions and splash damage. I used to hate this myself, but having played diff servers as of late (keke), I love it now. And it's fucking good to counter a zerg! Imagine EQMS noobs killing themselves with their own pots because they keep on missing them..fucking hilarious! Faction fights inside towns are non-existing, anyways. Add asap! (but add a TRUE VERSION of this. Explopots hit EVERYONE, no MATTER if you're red, blue, or chinese.)

- proper AOE spells. Same reasons as above, add to the ruleset, make the game more challenging and more dynamic. That's what UOF needs! Make it more CHALLENGING! Add DIVERSITY! It feels so dull at times right now. It's just the same old shit over and over again

- Beetles should be more accessible ! They're the ultimate noobie ride, but are a fucking hustle to get right now. Why is that so? It's not as if these shits have a real market, anyways. Just fucks with noobs, and makes their lives unnecessarily hard. C H A N G E.

not sure if troll.

- NO FUCKING DELAY ON MAGIC ARROW. Yea, just remove it. @Shane might be against it, but then again I haven't seen him being a PVPer on this Server, either. Don't be so stubborn and listen to your more experiences Players for _once_.

- HARDER RULESET FOR REDS! No banking in towns, no buying shit, no recalling out of dungeons (gates only), for fuck sake for all I care ban em from entering towns. Harsher ruleset for PKs should have been the FIRST thing to happen when the "PK crisis" (of which I think that it doesnt exist) first emerged.

other suggestions:

- Wands. Add them, simple as that. They're not that bad, and they are a great addition to the loot table. Imagine how much GP trammies could make with em! They also make the game more diverse. If you can't handle dying to them, then I would suggest to play another game! Because WHO CARES IF THEYRE LAME AT TIMES??

K A Z

Grandmaster
mount fatigue only really works for everything that is not an ethy (something that no one uses because of that, not newbie friendly at all)

organize me doesn't work for that amount of pots, and everyone who does not carry a plebian bag would understand that

your only argument against stuntamers is "LEARN TO PLAY AGAINST IT"? Shows how biased you are on this matter. It's a stupid template and shouldn't be in the game, at least not the way it is right now.

Peav

Grandmaster
mount fatigue only really works for everything that is not an ethy (something that no one uses because of that, not newbie friendly at all)

organize me doesn't work for that amount of pots, and everyone who does not carry a plebian bag would understand that

your only argument against stuntamers is "LEARN TO PLAY AGAINST IT"? Shows how biased you are on this matter. It's a stupid template and shouldn't be in the game, at least not the way it is right now.

make one yourself its a template available for everyone who wishes to scarifies some time on this game in order for doing more damage or having more fun.

drasked

Grandmaster
NO FUCKING DELAY ON MAGIC ARROW. Yea, just remove it. @Shane might be against it, but then again I haven't seen him being a PVPer on this Server, either. Don't be so stubborn and listen to your more experiences Players for _once_.

Isn't it just a preference thing tho, i personally love the delay on MA.

Other than that i agree with all your points. Wands do seem scary, not sure if i have room for even more hotkeys, but i think it will be alright.

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
wands, bolas, AOE -- bring it all on... I welcome more diversity in PVP and these things shouldnt have been missing/nerfed in the first place.

After 2 years, running from your opponent as soon as they come on screen(forcing a kite) is still the best PVP tactic REGARDLESS of the numbers... when there is nothing to force an engage(a bola for example) no one will engage unless the situation is in their favor(why would they).

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster

other suggestions:

I've heard staff say that they wonder why faction PvP doesn't catch on. It seems ironic when faction PvP is designed to be annoying by default.

With stam loss and unstackable potions this means that even if you are able to crawl back to your body then its still a waste of time because you can't carry your pots. Here's a happy compromise. If your pots are in a bag then they stay stacked. If your pots are in your main bag then they scatter. This lets the player decide whether or not looting their corpse will be easy.

Its also annoying having to find a res after you die in no cut. There used to be ankhs around. I can understand that its preferable to keep fallen players off the battlefield but why not allow an option like help stuck so that you can receive a "time out" but avoid having to run all the way to healers.

- stam-loss after you've ressed. It's just plain fucking stupid. Everytime I ress I can't move my char for 2+ Minutes, and it's just fucking painful and makes me wanna log off. No. Get gud.

- mount fatigue. Was never implented probably and is just hurting noobs in factions that are using horses. Either get rid of it, or fucking fix it. Do it.

- pots unstack on death. I think it's about time @Shane realizes that unstacked pots add little to no "nostalgic feeling" to the game when everyones running around with neon colored ancient wyrms as their dragons. It just sucks when you can't even carry your own pot bag after you've died. Pots also don't always stack - just get rid of this customish shit, pots should not unstack, ever. Meh, noobs like it and it doesn't bother me much. Get a butler.

- stun tamers. It's been what? 1 year? 2 Years? And we're still stuck with this fucking pay2win template. Anyone dare to explain why we need a 8x template that can only be BOUGHT with high sums of gold? Dumb, ********, shitty are the adjectives that come to my mind when I think of that fuckery of a template. CHANGE. Leave em alone, I like UOF flavor of pvp here - no I don't have one either.

- Explosion potions and splash damage. I used to hate this myself, but having played diff servers as of late (keke), I love it now. And it's fucking good to counter a zerg! Imagine EQMS noobs killing themselves with their own pots because they keep on missing them..fucking hilarious! Faction fights inside towns are non-existing, anyways. Add asap! (but add a TRUE VERSION of this. Explopots hit EVERYONE, no MATTER if you're red, blue, or chinese.) Do it.

- proper AOE spells. Same reasons as above, add to the ruleset, make the game more challenging and more dynamic. That's what UOF needs! Make it more CHALLENGING! Add DIVERSITY! It feels so dull at times right now. It's just the same old shit over and over again Do it.

- Beetles should be more accessible ! They're the ultimate noobie ride, but are a fucking hustle to get right now. Why is that so? It's not as if these shits have a real market, anyways. Just fucks with noobs, and makes their lives unnecessarily hard. C H A N G E. No. You just want to roll with beetles non-stop and be able to restock easy. I'd really rather see you with a pack horse lololol.

- NO FUCKING DELAY ON MAGIC ARROW. Yea, just remove it. @Shane might be against it, but then again I haven't seen him being a PVPer on this Server, either. Don't be so stubborn and listen to your more experiences Players for _once_. No. There should be one, just smaller than the one we have.

- HARDER RULESET FOR REDS! No banking in townsYes, no buying shitYes, no recalling out of dungeons (gates only)No, for fuck sake for all I care ban em from entering townsNo. Harsher ruleset for PKs should have been the FIRST thing to happen when the "PK crisis" (of which I think that it doesnt exist) first emerged. Wut PK Crisis.

other suggestions:

- Wands. Add them, simple as that. They're not that bad, and they are a great addition to the loot table. Imagine how much GP trammies could make with em! They also make the game more diverse. If you can't handle dying to them, then I would suggest to play another game! Because WHO CARES IF THEYRE LAME AT TIMES?? Yes, add for all.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
+1 solid post

sadly we will see 3 events, 2 rda bosses, 1 new dungeon and champ spawn before any of this gets addressed/implemented

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Fantastic post. With all these changes we might actually feel like we are playing UO again.

As for the criticism on wands, these should have been implemented a LONG time ago.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Fantastic post. With all these changes we might actually feel like we are playing UO again.

As for the criticism on wands, these should have been implemented a LONG time ago.

Ooooohh and Blowies all around ,Dark what is a Blowie? and can they be farmed off noobs?

K A Z

Grandmaster
some more:

- longer bandie timer ! I've been playing LJs only the last 3 days, and maaan.. shit is ********! Dexxers with 8-9 sec bandies are just too stronk. Make it a set 12 seconds ! There is no way I will ever die 1v1 if we keep it like this, lawl !!