Fix Explosion Pots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna hear something funny?

Pots are not really as hard to throw as you think it is or scrubs make it out to be. I bet it takes 5 minutes max to learn how to time those, so it's no wonder why people are able to have a constant stream of those flying around. Seriously though, all you gotta do is:

- Use an explopot
- Wait a bit
- Throw it at your target

GEE, I WONDER HOW PEOPLE ARE SO GOOD AT THROWING THESE THINGS, THEY MUST BE CHEATING!

Quit crying and learn to play.
If you are referring to me, i never said they are hard to throw. What i said was because the system is so simplistic, script potting ends up being extremely effective. As i said before, it is about the fact that a human player can't do it better or smarter than a script. All a human player can do is guess when to throw between 2 and 1, whereas a script throws exactly 2800ms after the pot is clicked. The main factor that makes the script slightly less reliable (ping flux) also affects human players equally.

So again, because the exp pot system is so basic and skillless, this opens the door to scripting, and because exp pots are so heavily encouraged and incentivized here, this also allows script-pvp to be significant and successful.

I have little doubt that every top tier player pvper who has an alchemist uses an exp pot script, because frankly, it would be stupid not to. When the script has almost no downsides and can virtually guarantee success, why would anyone opt to do it manually? That's the problem i have with this system. It is a scrub-friendly system that apparently was designed to allow bad players to compete at high level.

The only "skillful" thing about this system is deciding if whether or not you can stay within 12 tiles of your target, which highlights how sad it really is.

1. get within 12 tiles of target.
2. hit exp pot macro
3. chase for ~4 seconds
4. repeat

And yes,i know easyuo is illegal, but that isnt enforcable. No one is going to go "Damn, using this undetectable script ensures that > 95% of my exp pots will hit a target on the run, but i wont use it because easyuo is illegal and jesus is watching." That's why i think it should be changed so that the exp pots and their scripts are less detrimental in pvp. UO is fun, but now that everyone is iron man with has jarvis doing 95% of their pvp, it can get a little boring. I guess right clicking in the right direction still has a bit of a skill ceiling though.
Iron.man.hokey.pokey.jpg

I would decrease the range to 10 tiles (which i believe is the regular bow range) and make it do 150% damage if they explode on you. That way there would be at least some risk/reward factor, and not just a factor of whether you have enough room to carry 30 or 50.

Last edited by a moderator:

K A Z

Grandmaster
If you are referring to me, i never said they are hard to throw. What i said was because the system is so simplistic, script potting ends up being extremely effective. As i said before, it is about the fact that a human player can't do it better or smarter than a script. All a human player can do is guess when to throw between 2 and 1, whereas a script throws exactly 2800ms after the pot is clicked. The main factor that makes the script slightly less reliable (ping flux) also affects human players equally.

So again, because the exp pot system is so basic and skillless, this opens the door to scripting, and because exp pots are so heavily encouraged and incentivized here, this also allows script-pvp to be significant and successful.

I have little doubt that every top tier player pvper who has an alchemist uses an exp pot script, because frankly, it would be stupid not to. When the script has almost no downsides and can virtually guarantee success, why would anyone opt to do it manually? That's the problem i have with this system. It is a scrub-friendly system that apparently was designed to allow bad players to compete at high level.

The only "skillful" thing about this system is deciding if whether or not you can stay within 12 tiles of your target, which highlights how sad it really is.

2. hit exp pot macro
3. chase for ~4 seconds
4. repeat

And yes,i know easyuo is illegal, but that isnt enforcable. No one is going to go "Damn, using this undetectable script ensures that > 95% of my exp pots will hit a target on the run, but i wont use it because easyuo is illegal and jesus is watching." That's why i think it should be changed so that the exp pots and their scripts are less detrimental in pvp. UO is fun, but now that everyone is iron man with has jarvis doing 95% of their pvp, it can get a little boring. I guess right clicking in the right direction still has a bit of a skill ceiling though.
Iron.man.hokey.pokey.jpg

I would decrease the range to 10 tiles (which i believe is the regular bow range) and make it do 150% damage if they explode on you. That way there would be at least some risk/reward factor, and not just a factor of whether you have enough room to carry 30 or 50.

t2a nerd.

pots r good as they are. Scripters are easy to detect and are doing themself no good (maybe if they're on a dexxer but even then, scripting makes things too static to be really good). Just adapt and stop crying about stuff we all been dealing with for over a year now.

Someone lock this thread alrdy, thnx.

aIck

Grandmaster
Well it was a general statement to people who QQ about it, I usually quote if my post is "dedicated" to someone.

2. hit exp pot macro
3. chase for ~4 seconds
4. repeat

Iron.man.hokey.pokey.jpg

Well, using a script like that only really works when you use it solely for chasing (or while paying a dexer) but try to do anything other than that you'll realize it takes control from you and hinders your play.

Need to cast heal? Whoops, you accidentally healed your opponent and the pot went off on you. Your opponent offscreens when you're healing yourself and the pot is still cooking? Gratz, the pot fizzled you and now you will die.
Sure, these are (mild) overexaggerations, but as it was already (probably) stated in this thread a macro like that is very prone for all kinds of fuck-ups, ranging from fluctating ping to a spell overriding your pot-cursor which ends up with the pot blowing up in your hands.

Macro like that sucks either way. It's only good for chasing, and anyone who has practiced for more (or less) than 10 minutes is most likely able to land at least 80% of the pots they throw.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Well it was a general statement to people who QQ about it, I usually quote if my post is "dedicated" to someone.

Well, using a script like that only really works when you use it solely for chasing (or while paying a dexer) but try to do anything other than that you'll realize it takes control from you and hinders your play.

Need to cast heal? Whoops, you accidentally healed your opponent and the pot went off on you. Your opponent offscreens when you're healing yourself and the pot is still cooking? Gratz, the pot fizzled you and now you will die.
Sure, these are (mild) overexaggerations, but as it was already (probably) stated in this thread a macro like that is very prone for all kinds of fuck-ups, ranging from fluctating ping to a spell overriding your pot-cursor which ends up with the pot blowing up in your hands.

Macro like that sucks either way. It's only good for chasing, and anyone who has practiced for more (or less) than 10 minutes is most likely able to land at least 80% of the pots they throw.

Exactly. But I feel like OP wants to completely take Explo-pots out of the game. Could be because he's hating grey screens.

Drake Roberts

Grandmaster

Not really.. There is scripts that can account for all those things.. Scripts that can perfectly time your alchey pots while you are casting spells at the same time, perfectly timed so you don't have to worry about your spell overriding your pot cursor.. and that can cancel your pot if you need to switch to heals, or what have you. We aren't talking about 5 line scripts which are just used to perfectly time the throws.. Talking about 50+ line scripts that can account for all those scenarios you described above.. and yes, they are out there and available for use on uosteam.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
Not really.. There is scripts that can account for all those things.. Scripts that can perfectly time your alchey pots while you are casting spells at the same time, perfectly timed so you don't have to worry about your spell overriding your pot cursor.. and that can cancel your pot if you need to switch to heals, or what have you. We aren't talking about 5 line scripts which are just used to perfectly time the throws.. Talking about 50+ line scripts that can account for all those scenarios you described above.. and yes, they are out there and available for use on uosteam.

no wonder certain guilds are so good at alchy dumps...

K A Z

Grandmaster

what's your proof for that? I've never ever seen such a script. Most explosion potion macros are infact blocked. I call BS on all the cheating claims until someone comes forward and shows us such a script.

Drake Roberts

Grandmaster
what's your proof for that? I've never ever seen such a script. Most explosion potion macros are infact blocked. I call BS on all the cheating claims until someone comes forward and shows us such a script.

I already showed and confirmed the stealing script with staff. I don't personally use steam so it took me a few days to get the 67 line stealing script but I am sure I can get the alchey one also if need be.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I already showed and confirmed the stealing script with staff. I don't personally use steam so it took me a few days to get the 67 line stealing script but I am sure I can get the alchey one also if need be.

Do it and report it. All this QQing helps nothing. Back when some people used an explo-pot-kick-script we simply had somebody copy it for us, showed it to Adam and it was banned a day or so later. I know of a 20-30 line Explopot script that was banned about a year ago, though. So yea. I don't think there are any around right now, because tbh there is no fucking need for them.

halygon

Grandmaster
I've never seen a macro that can do all of this either. Sounds like the boogey-man to me.

I guess we need also need to keep in mind that since Drake here doesn't use UOSteam, that he's fairly biased and doesn't know how the macros actually work -- so anything is possible to him.

Experience

Grandmaster
2 buttons... Use pot, cancel target. Throw pot at target.... It's not a script that detects all those variables. It's simple button commands to work around the casting variable. And if they need a 50 + line script to throw pots, that just means they suck anyway and shouldn't kill you in the first place

Drake Roberts

Grandmaster
2 buttons... Use pot, cancel target. Throw pot at target.... It's not a script that detects all those variables. It's simple button commands to work around the casting variable. And if they need a 50 + line script to throw pots, that just means they suck anyway and shouldn't kill you in the first place

No one is saying that you can't make simple, unsophisticated, 2 button, 1-10 line scripts on uosteam..

Not everyone who uses uosteam is using the same scripts.. However there is scripts out there that are extremely sophisticated and that do handle all those scenarios we were discussing..

So sure.. You can make a simple 5 line script that doesn't involve all the automated bs and requires you to still play the game.. but uosteam is capable of the 50+ line scripts that automate everything.. and it's those scripts that are being used that are a problem.. and I don't see that going away as a problem without completely replacing steam with something else.. and that is exactly what Shane seems to want to do which is why they are looking to hire someone to help make a new program to replace steam.

Drake Roberts

Grandmaster
I've never seen a macro that can do all of this either. Sounds like the boogey-man to me.

What I described is nothing in comparison to what the 67 line automated uo steam (easy uo jr) script is capable of.. So I guess you don't know jack shit.. Which is why you were claiming that razor and steam are just as capable and on par with each other..

I guess we need also need to keep in mind that since Drake here doesn't use UOSteam, that he's fairly biased and doesn't know how the macros actually work -- so anything is possible to him.

I guess the 67 line automated stealing script was just hearsay, and the boogey man too.. Oh wait.. You were already proven wrong about that.

K A Z

Grandmaster
No one is saying that you can't make simple, unsophisticated, 2 button, 1-10 line scripts on uosteam..

Not everyone who uses uosteam is using the same scripts.. However there is scripts out there that are extremely sophisticated and that do handle all those scenarios we were discussing..

So sure.. You can make a simple 5 line script that doesn't involve all the automated bs and requires you to still play the game.. but uosteam is capable of the 50+ line scripts that automate everything.. and it's those scripts that are being used that are a problem.. and I don't see that going away as a problem without completely replacing steam with something else.. and that is exactly what Shane seems to want to do which is why they are looking to hire someone to help make a new program to replace steam.

Again: is there ANY proof for those explopot scripts? All I see in all those discussions right now are people complaining about stuff that noone has ever seen. It's not like when people used those auto-heal scripts and there was plenty of proof for that. I still call BS on 99% of all the cheating claims. It's also rather funny how stuff like this always comes from the same few people.

halygon

Grandmaster
Now if steam is capable of doing that with stealing, with a 67 line script.. Then I can only imagine wtf else it can do.. There is a serious problem there.
You can't make 67 line automated Scripts like the kind that are on steam, with razor. You can't make anything remotely close to how fucking automated and sophisticated these scripts are, on razor.
...Like I said though.. If you can make a 67 line script that automatically snoops, and then searches immediately and steals anything it finds that matches your preset item types that you want to go after (be it power scrolls, garlic, bandages, whatever the fuck you want to go after), and if not, proceeds to snoop any pouch in the persons pack and continues looking for anything on the preset item type to automatically steal, all within literally a seconds time... then you can probably do a lot more than just steal with this easy uo jr shit.
Automated stealing scripts like the 67 line script that is being used on steam right now by most uosteam thieves, has not been around on razor. Razor is no where near capable of doing a fraction of the shit that the 67 line auto-steal script does ( at least not on this server with the restrictions that are in place). Razor doesn't even have full capability on this server because it has been limited to fit the type of rule set and game play Shane envisioned on his server.
What I described is nothing in comparison to what the 67 line automated uo steam (easy uo jr) script is capable of..

I guess the 67 line automated stealing script was just hearsay, and the boogey man too.. Oh wait.. You were already proven wrong about that.

Are you a bot?

Drake Roberts

Grandmaster
Again: is there ANY proof for those explopot scripts? All I see in all those discussions right now are people complaining about stuff that noone has ever seen. It's not like when people used those auto-heal scripts and there was plenty of proof for that. I still call BS on 99% of all the cheating claims. It's also rather funny how stuff like this always comes from the same few people.

You're absolutely right.. I'll just see if I can get my hands on another 50+ liner script for Bryce and the rest of the staff to take a gander at.

halygon

Grandmaster
You're absolutely right.. I'll just see if I can get my hands on another 50+ liner script for Bryce and the rest of the staff to take a gander at.
Here you go, present this. Its a one-button exp pot throwing macro. Only 31 lines though -- if you want, I can add more msg's to it.

Code:
//Halygon's One-Button Exp Pot Macro For Drake Roberts
promptalias 'Drake Roberts'
msg '--- Targeting Drake Roberts ---'
msg 'Target Acquired'
while maxhits 'Drake Roberts' > 0
if not listexists 'ForumPvP'
creatlist 'ForumPvP'
endif
if list 'ForumPvP' == 0
usetype! oxf0d
waitfortarget 1200
canceltarget
pushlist 'ForumPvP' 'ExpPot'
elseif list 'ForumPvP' == 1
usetype! 0xf0d
waitfortarget 1200
target! 'Drake Roberts'
clearlist 'ForumPvP'
endif
if inrange 'Drake Roberts'
msg 'Trammy Alert'
msg 'Don't forget about the 67 line auto-script'
msg 'You're a gimp'
msg 'Don't forget your crutch'
msg 'I am not a bot -- I swear!'
pause 2000
else
msg 'Quit running away!'
msg 'Hurry up -- Call in for help!'
pause 2000
endif
endwhile

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Imagine if the solution was to remove simple functions and make all this badness go away.

You know, this reminds me of an ongoing issue faced in most scenarios to do with modern gaming today. For some reason, graphical flamboyancy has taken over, those sparkles and eye slicing images have exploded onto the market, bringing promise of next generation greatness, infinitely more advanced than the rest, the new standard to follow. I find this offensive on many levels but I can agree that games look good. The thing that is missing is the core game play that provides the hook, something which snags someone into playing the game for over a decade and becoming legendary in the process.

The thing is, the modern era screams for graphical deliciousness, this simply has become the new standard, the issue is the core foundation of what a typical modern game has become, providing the consumer with just another 'movie type game'. To sum this up in a few words, automated, on rails, eye-candy. * NOT all mind you, but you get the drift*

Okay, in a nutshell games have become easier to play, automated to a degree which I feel has spread across the vastness of the world into everyone's lives. Applying this to UO is simple, razor can be used to make life easier, no denying that, UOsteam has took my point about making life easier, into making life easy. I am not saying ban UOSteam, because it has its purpose now *although I would smile if it did* as folks have already discussed, it needs to be changed to remove .. wait for it.. Player Vs Player function. While this is active, there will always be a way to abuse it.

This ties in nicely with what I wrote above, the path of the modern era is all about automating processes, squeezing everything into a good looking package therefore appealing to the greater audience.

Don't you get tired by being ruled by the machine?

Drake Roberts

Grandmaster
Here you go, present this. Its a one-button exp pot throwing macro. Only 31 lines though -- if you want, I can add more msg's to it.

Code:
//Halygon's One-Button Exp Pot Macro For Drake Roberts
promptalias 'Drake Roberts'
msg '--- Targeting Drake Roberts ---'
msg 'Target Acquired'
while maxhits 'Drake Roberts' > 0
if not listexists 'ForumPvP'
creatlist 'ForumPvP'
endif
if list 'ForumPvP' == 0
usetype! oxf0d
waitfortarget 1200
canceltarget
pushlist 'ForumPvP' 'ExpPot'
elseif list 'ForumPvP' == 1
usetype! 0xf0d
waitfortarget 1200
target! 'Drake Roberts'
clearlist 'ForumPvP'
endif
if inrange 'Drake Roberts'
msg 'Trammy Alert'
msg 'Don't forget about the 67 line auto-script'
msg 'You're a gimp'
msg 'Don't forget your crutch'
msg 'I am not a bot -- I swear!'
pause 2000
else
msg 'Quit running away!'
msg 'Hurry up -- Call in for help!'
pause 2000
endif
endwhile

ROFL.. wow.. You really are a complete loser. I wonder how much rage you had that compelled you to write that "script". What's next? You going to scour the internet for images to crop and paste onto my pictures? lmao.. How sad.. Go update the wiki with all your spare time. That is all you have ever been known for on UO:F.. Other than that you've only been just another random, no name, mongbat.

Status
Not open for further replies.