dessicate relic?

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Meta gloves of stealing : level 10 allows someone to steal 1 blessed item every week - Experience is earned by stealing from players only, so don't expect it to be level 10 in a few months..

and I thought there was nothing that would make me interested in a meta grind....

Bromista

Grandmaster
Meta gloves of stealing : level 10 allows someone to steal 1 blessed item every week - Experience is earned by stealing from players only, so don't expect it to be level 10 in a few months..
Does that mean I have to actually wear my 20 mil+ outfits?

Because I really like looking at a naked paperdoll and those items in my pack.

I can't adapt to that kind of change. Probly quitting not if but WHEN they implement this.

The end is near.

The sky is falling.

Etc etc.

Bromista

Grandmaster
By the by are random steals supposed to hit on unstealable items all the time? Because mine hit on unstealable items 100% of the time. O.k. I've only tried it like 8 times but I'm 0fer.

I really should try to get my steam display to not be all fucked up so I can script steal with that cheat shit. One button mega script, would really improve my productivity.

Cack

Grandmaster
Also wouldn't mind making thievery more interesting but I don't think that's the approach I would take.
Boo this man

Meta gloves of stealing...steal multiple items simultaneously or gives the stealing skill no cool down for 5 items(meaning your cursor would just go back to a target rather than having to hit your stealing skill hotkey again).

U-Haul

Master
I mean stealing is pretty pro here already. you can pop the steal cursor while hidden, wait the timeout, steal and almost insta hide. :/

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Does that mean I have to actually wear my 20 mil+ outfits?

Because I really like looking at a naked paperdoll and those items in my pack.

I can't adapt to that kind of change. Probly quitting not if but WHEN they implement this.

The end is near.

The sky is falling.

Etc etc.

Don't worry man, was just a wild, wet dream to have something like that implemented and obviously with gloves like that it would also require a hell-of-a lot more tweaking and such to balance it out, perhaps increase the time between special thefts from one to two weeks. Even I can see how incredible such gloves would be. Here is an updated version :

Meta Gloves of Stealing :
Level 1 - Increases the chances to randomly steal an item of 11 stones.
Level 2 - Increases the chances to direct steal an item of 11 stones.
Level 3 - Reduces the cool down on stealing by 1 second, increases criminal/perma timer by 30 seconds.
Level 4 - Increases the chances to randomly steal an item of 12 stones.
Level 5 - Increases the chances to direct steal an item of 12 stones.
Level 6 - Reduces the cool down on stealing by 1 second, increases criminal/perma timer by 30 seconds.
Level 7 - Allows the thief to hide in plain sight and able to stealth run up to 5 steps, combat does not prevent the thief from hiding but also increases the cool down on hiding by 5 seconds for 1 minute *Cool down applies only if you use the special skill to hide when in combat*
Level 8 - Removes cool down on hiding for combat hiding, increases cool down on stealing by 1 second, increases criminal timer by 10 seconds, stealing items that weigh 11 and 12 stones are made easier.
Level 9 - Allows the Decoy special skill with a cool down of 5 minutes. When the skill is activated, a copy of your avatar is summoned instantly at the spot you are. The Decoy will be frozen in place and has the same stats as the thief who uses it. When the decoy is slain, a status effect will apply for 10 seconds on the attacker(s) which lower their intelligence and dexterity by 20 points the same applies to the thief but instead of 20 points, only 5 points are reduced.
Level 10 - Allows the ability to steal one blessed item every month *no runebooks or spellbooks*. If successful, the thief is allowed to steal one item which is blessed *50% chance" but with harsh consequences. The thief will take something similar to murder points automatically removing the thief from the thieves guild for three days, reduces stealing,snooping,hiding and stealth by 10 points *requires retraining*, unlocks a special title named "Retirement Nest egg".

Every two levels, the gloves change colour.

I mean stealing is pretty pro here already. you can pop the steal cursor while hidden, wait the timeout, steal and almost insta hide. :/

Of course, but still we need some nice things which does not relate to scripting and such.

Belge

Grandmaster
Don't worry man, was just a wild, wet dream to have something like that implemented and obviously with gloves like that it would also require a hell-of-a lot more tweaking and such to balance it out, perhaps increase the time between special thefts from one to two weeks. Even I can see how incredible such gloves would be. Here is an updated version :

Meta Gloves of Stealing :
Level 1 - Increases the chances to randomly steal an item of 11 stones.
Level 2 - Increases the chances to direct steal an item of 11 stones.
Level 3 - Reduces the cool down on stealing by 1 second, increases criminal/perma timer by 30 seconds.
Level 4 - Increases the chances to randomly steal an item of 12 stones.
Level 5 - Increases the chances to direct steal an item of 12 stones.
Level 6 - Reduces the cool down on stealing by 1 second, increases criminal/perma timer by 30 seconds.
Level 7 - Allows the thief to hide in plain sight and able to stealth run up to 5 steps, combat does not prevent the thief from hiding but also increases the cool down on hiding by 5 seconds for 1 minute *Cool down applies only if you use the special skill to hide when in combat*
Level 8 - Removes cool down on hiding for combat hiding, increases cool down on stealing by 1 second, increases criminal timer by 10 seconds, stealing items that weigh 11 and 12 stones are made easier.
Level 9 - Allows the Decoy special skill with a cool down of 5 minutes. When the skill is activated, a copy of your avatar is summoned instantly at the spot you are. The Decoy will be frozen in place and has the same stats as the thief who uses it. When the decoy is slain, a status effect will apply for 10 seconds on the attacker(s) which lower their intelligence and dexterity by 20 points the same applies to the thief but instead of 20 points, only 5 points are reduced.
Level 10 - Allows the ability to steal one blessed item every month *no runebooks or spellbooks*. If successful, the thief is allowed to steal one item which is blessed *50% chance" but with harsh consequences. The thief will take something similar to murder points automatically removing the thief from the thieves guild for three days, reduces stealing,snooping,hiding and stealth by 10 points *requires retraining*, unlocks a special title named "Retirement Nest egg".

Every two levels, the gloves change colour.

Of course, but still we need some nice things which does not relate to scripting and such.

I like the idea of giving thieves new stuff... but, when you have various items worth 5m to 15m, that are not replaceable, and one gets stolen... I quit.. period.. Its not even that I mind having blessed stuff being able to be stolen, but when your dealing with items that have taken months or years to acquire, and kids start making steam scripts that can steal you most cherished items... game over for me. Not to mention stuff that people have donated real money for...

Belge

Grandmaster
Id purpose something like, instead of being able to steal blessed items, theives at such high level, can have a high chance of getting stealable rares, even if the stealable rare hasn't spawned yet.. kinda thing

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I like the idea of giving thieves new stuff... but, when you have various items worth 5m to 15m, that are not replaceable, and one gets stolen... I quit.. period.. Its not even that I mind having blessed stuff being able to be stolen, but when your dealing with items that have taken months or years to acquire, and kids start making steam scripts that can steal you most cherished items... game over for me. Not to mention stuff that people have donated real money for...

Then change the level 10 so blessed items can not be stolen.

Every single class except the thief has had something nice given to them, the thief has just been nerfed constantly *I know scripting is a problem but come on, every class/build scripts in one way or form.* Britain bank which has a history of thieves stealing from the bank has now been made safe, there are no cut zones around Britain to promote 'PVP', there are thousands of blessed items around. This is seriously not the true spirit of Ultima Online and how it used to be.

Whatever, I have had this conversation before on uoforever ,nothing will change, just like uoforever and look where that is now...

Implement Trammel, that will at least get rid of the zergs and allow everyone to ride around on neon pink mounts that fart rainbows and vomit skittles.

Bromista

Grandmaster
We had tissues for our issues but what UOF needs next are a kid gloves handout!

24hr cooldown. New special new psuedo-staff position with a rotating shift so there is always someone to summon when a player feels the need to have a good cry. Staffer teleports and pats the players head/tells them everything will be o.k....

eppy

Grandmaster
I urge you to think these ideas through. You can't do something that generates gold instead as people will just macro it on an alt.

the best thing to do is learning how players think... by that way if you are REALLY dedicated you can steal all the blessed items you want :)
The thief class is something that doesn't concern ingame mechanics at all, you need to be a little more italian for make it works well XD

Leornardo Notarbartolo:
leonardo-notarbartolo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: