CHANGE THE STUN TIMER BACK FOR MAGES PLEASE

wreckognize

Grandmaster
can't see the harm personally in 4s spear stun

typically I use fencer in 7x turnys and this change just makes macing way more appealing than it already was

n8m8

Journeyman
Curious to know where you find 1 v 1s... I haven't found one in 5 months.
Because you don't know where to look... If you keep trying, you'll eventually find who's going to fight you 1 v 1 etc. All of these guys aren't in factions but there's quite many factioners that will do alchy 1vs1 fights.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
That's not exactly true. There is currently faction stam loss, plus who knows whats coming down the pipeline for pvp changes. Maybe you can provide some suggestions outside of those that are already stated (ie.. bolas, wands).

Stam changes only effect you if you're redlined or just ressed -- never have I seen someone run out of stam when CoM does their marathon laps of sosaria.

If faction bolas are put in, then you can change stun if you need to -- however nerfing stun with nothing else in place yet is making endless running easier.

Stranded

Apprentice
Exactly. When you make these changes, please think about 1 v 1 as well. I can live with 3 sec stuns but 4 sec made killing a little bit easier. Especially fighting against dexxers sucks now. Oh well, the system is not balanced as it is. As an alchy mage I have very limited mana and I can't go offensive often because I have to defend against 26 dmg purple pots, spear hits and para blows. My own purple potions do less dmg and off screening is rather easy unless if you get that perfect stun.

Good dexxers are rare but it's not because their template is weak. Most of the good players just enjoy playing more advanced templates such as mages.
This is probably the most intelligent post ive seen on this thread thus far. touche.

Stranded

Apprentice
Stam changes only effect you if you're redlined or just ressed -- never have I seen someone run out of stam when CoM does their marathon laps of sosaria.

If faction bolas are put in, then you can change stun if you need to -- however nerfing stun with nothing else in place yet is making endless running easier.
And bolas would be terrible, you guys already field 15 to 20 ppl, which is insane, and you want to dismount ppl. Don't act surprised that ppl don't try and stay on screen and trade dumps 19 v 6. This thread is about stun and stun only. And on this we both agree, stun needs put back the way it was. N8M8 said it correctly. It ruins 1 v 1's and there are definitely 1 v 1s to be had, but not with this new change, its just a huge waste of resources. The difference between other templates and alchy mage is an alchy mage requires talent to be able to consistently dump with pots intertwined in fluid motion. a dexxer clicks, chases, and hits for 26 regularly. if you don't kill a dexxer on your initial mana dump, you basically have to run for the next 25 minutes to get any mana back. ive literally run out of mana simply healing myself, from 26 pots, and 35 spear hits for para. (or war hammers for 50) (or axes for 40+ and concussion blow 40% chance)

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Yes -- nerf game mechanics because people group up and play in a large faction guild #*

Bolas would be for factions only and implemented to stop the endless running that plagues faction PVP now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stranded

Apprentice
And bolas would be terrible, you guys already field 15 to 20 ppl, which is insane, and you want to dismount ppl. Don't act surprised that ppl don't try and stay on screen and trade dumps 19 v 6. This thread is about stun and stun only. And on this we both agree, stun needs put back the way it was. N8M8 said it correctly. It ruins 1 v 1's and there are definitely 1 v 1s to be had, but not with this new change, its just a huge waste of resources. The difference between other templates and alchy mage is an alchy mage requires talent to be able to consistently dump with pots intertwined in fluid motion. a dexxer clicks, chases, and hits for 26 regularly. if you don't kill a dexxer on your initial mana dump, you basically have to run for the next 25 minutes to get any mana back. ive literally run out of mana simply healing myself, from 26 pots, and 35 spear hits for para. (or war hammers for 50) (or axes for 40+ and concussion blow 40% chance)
having said all this, I just 1 v 1'd someone 10 seconds after my post

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster

Can mages not throw pots with 0 mana?

K A Z

Grandmaster
What about mount stam with a server command that feeds ethys refresh like they are normal mounts. Something like the "[drink" command like "[refresh mount".

i like this idea.

They could also make it to where you can charge your ethy by casting ebolts or lightnings on it. Max 15 charges (equals 15 minutes of straight running)

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
i like this idea.

They could also make it to where you can charge your ethy by casting ebolts or lightnings on it. Max 15 charges (equals 15 minutes of straight running)

I was thinking more 30-60 seconds running before you need to refresh then each refresh afterwards could last 15-20 seconds. The timer would reset once you stop running for a few seconds. Not sure about charging with spells though, no need to reinvent the wheel ha.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I'd like to remind everyone that this is Ultima Online Forever and stands individually in the sea of player run shards.

With trammel came special moves. Why is everyone whining anyways?
Yes: Stun was 4 seconds.
Does this mean it's set in stone? No.
Trying to balance out anything is not a horrible thing.
Unless you want to go back to killing people holding a silver weapon with explosion while you were in orc form?

New attacks with the wrestling skill.

• Disarm
    • Characters with 80 or higher in both wrestling and arms lore can attempt to disarm an opponent. If successful, any weapon or spellbook in the target’s hand will be removed and placed in the target’s backpack.
  • Stun Punch
    • Characters with 80 or higher in both wrestling and anatomy can attempt to stun their opponents. A successful stun punch will paralyze a target for 4 seconds. This stun punch has the same effects as the paralyze blow for fencing.
To perform one of these special attacks, players will need to set a macro to put themselves in the appropriate wrestling “mode”. Both hands must be free in order to perform a move.

• New macros called “StunPunch” and “Disarm” will facilitate this. Once in the special attack mode, the character will attempt the maneuver with each successful hit.
  • If a maneuver is performed successfully the wrestler will automatically go out of their wrestling mode. There is a 10 second delay before the wrestler can perform another move.
  • While in a wrestling mode, each attempt to perform a maneuver (each hit or miss) will result in a loss of 15 stamina.
  • The higher a characters wrestling and other skill (anatomy or arms lore), the higher chance they will have to successfully perform the move.
  • Equipping any items in your hands (weapon, shield, spellbook, etc) will automatically take you out of a wrestling mode.

Stranded

Apprentice
I find it funny that the stun was changed, when there are huge OP situations like hitting for 50s with war hammers while hitting for 26s with pots. How in the world do you fight that template 1 v 1 as a mage? you waste your entire mana pool healing. One pot and hammerstrike takes 75% of your health. If you stop to heal and by that are casting, you are 10x more likely to be disrupted, at which point you take 50 more damage and constant 24-26 damage pots. Then if you actually by some chance get a dump started, they just offscreen and use one bandage, and your dump and entire offense are wasted. Click and chase seems hard. Cant disrupt a warhammer. Why are mages not also blessed with 26 damage pots? Don't get me wrong, I think this would also be OP. I don't think anyone needs to be hitting for 26s with pots. It was fine the way it was with the 22 or so damage max. But mages can be disrupted, and have to cast between pots, and can lose cursor, which has a likelihood of hitting themselves with a pot. 2-Handers with pots is one thing, but 2-Handers with 26 dmg pots, is over the top. But instead lets nerf mages because theyre OP. OH WAIT, maybe some mages are just talented enough to string together beautiful combos with pots and spells, and must avoid disruptions and actually cast heal on themselves, which can also be disrupted. You get the point. I'm done.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
In 3s, you can easily cast exp (1.75s) and more than half of a eb (1.75s) before they start moving. They will not get away from being hit by an eb. That is assuming you cast as soon as the stun lands. Basically 3s means that you can no longer twiddle thumbs before getting your attach together.

LOL Im sorry but this is skewed thinking and just shows these changes are being made without input from anyone who actually uses the skills regularly. "you can get 1 1/2 spells of while someone is stunned" yah if you arent healing. cooking a pot, etc at the exact second you stun you might get 1 spell off. You realize there is also something called cast recovery right? You cant just immediately start casting a spell right away so your theory of being able to get all this shit off in 3 seconds is just not even thought out and completely inaccurate. Am I wrong?

Stranded

Apprentice
LOL Im sorry but this is skewed thinking and just shows these changes are being made without input from anyone who actually uses the skills regularly. "you can get 1 1/2 spells of while someone is stunned" yah if you arent healing. cooking a pot, etc at the exact second you stun you might get 1 spell off. You realize there is also something called cast recovery right? You cant just immediately start casting a spell right away so your theory of being able to get all this shit off in 3 seconds is just not even thought out and completely inaccurate. Am I wrong?
TOUCHE