Best House Locations

Winters

Journeyman
Sorry to revive this but I love cool house locations... Although not practical, I love the one house spot on Blanche Island outside of Britain. This has always been a personal favorite.

parsnip

Grandmaster
My three-storey in Cove would have been cool but alas I was asked to remove it. The area has since been blocked off.
u982sd6.png

Aside from that... well, I think there are a lot of cool houses:
I think @Kiki's old castle (now belonging to @EnviousGL) in Snakes Pass and the raffle castle on Marble are the best placed castles.
The two smalls in Hidden Valley and Johnny Kilroy's Wind house are super cool.
Houses near banks are awesome too, Dwayne Wade's Occlo house and @omnom's Yew house being my personal favourites.
I've always had a soft spot Despise as it brings back memories of my first few days in UO, so I'm glad someone placed a nice big house near the entrance.
Max storage plots on Magincia are nice because there's only a few of them.
The raffle and donation island houses are also cool - Deep sea fishing on your doorstep!
Ok, I'll stop before I list every house on the server :D

Last edited by a moderator:

lollo

Grandmaster
I'd pay crazy prices for the blanche island house.

Also like the houses near brit stables south of the bridge. Really close to brit main bank and in pvp zone

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Before one of the devs put this custom stuff here, there was a house. Loooong ago I was at an idoc all by myself, and when the house fell there was a rune to this island. Recalled to this spot and there were a few random things on the floor like a house just fell. I immediately got super excited and tried to place a house. Of course, a house couldn't be created here :(. Pretty epic spot

island_zps419fa694.jpg

halygon

Grandmaster
Before one of the devs put this custom stuff here, there was a house. Loooong ago I was at an idoc all by myself, and when the house fell there was a rune to this island. Recalled to this spot and there were a few random things on the floor like a house just fell. I immediately got super excited and tried to place a house. Of course, a house couldn't be created here :(. Pretty epic spot

island_zps419fa694.jpg
I actually remember the last house that IDOC'd on this island. It WAS a loooong time ago.

Back when everyone was poor as can be and ships were very high priced -- a guild blocked the entire island off by surrounding it 3 ships deep (thats alot of ships) just so that no one else would come mark a rune on the island.

We rolled the idoc, but it was hard to fight an island full of tamer's pets while on just pvp characters (no where to run from fire breath).

parsnip

Grandmaster

I forgot all about that spot! Definitely one of my favourite locations back on OSI. Always missed the IDOCs there :( Would be super cool if devs removed that house or at least created a raffle for it (@Adam, @Shane *nudge* *nudge*) .

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Did I trade that spot with you? I had it like the first month of launch and someone came over to me and was like "OMG I NEED THIS SPOT" and traded me a bigger house along the north wall for it (which eventually I traded again to be located right behind that house in the picture). Was that you? I know Drift had it for a long time. Now HAR has it..=/

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Did I trade that spot with you? I had it like the first month of launch and someone came over to me and was like "OMG I NEED THIS SPOT" and traded me a bigger house along the north wall for it (which eventually I traded again to be located right behind that house in the picture). Was that you? I know Drift had it for a long time. Now HAR has it..=/

Lol yeah now that I think of it, I think it was you. We both had small classics there and I traded you a bigger house for your small, which I then placed a 17x17 on the bridge. Sucks, hopefully one day Trin can claim that spot!

SidX

Grandmaster
I gotta say D-Wade's Ocllo house is right up on the list for me.. where else can you LIVE at a bank? Otherwise I like Barrier Isle near Trinsic. Very isolated and quiet, right on the water with trees and hills :)

My favorite, of course, is the Vesper Trading Co.'s location outside of Vesper! Just a few second walk from the Vesper bank, 5 seconds from the cemetery and less than 10 seconds from the Minoc gate, with a guard zone on the east ;)

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Speaking of! This plot was my first "big" house on this server. Always thought it was pretty cool, bigtime regret selling it :(. Trinsic wall houses are awesome, especially that small tower on the north end thats touching the wall

trinsic_zps4e64a65e.jpg
i placed this house after it fell ( i was solo at the idoc) and sold it to the current owner its a HAR guild House now (skye probly still hates me for it) and i got first dibs on it if he ever sells it lol.

Hence he named the bridge after one of my red's lol...