ANYONE else tired of gluttony saying anyone can do it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffe

Master
Trolling PVP off the server? By teaching newbs how to group PVP and showing them whats it like to be in factions? You said it yourself, you dont want to put in the effort to do this BUT you also dont want to have to fight those who do put in the effort to do this because its unfun, or unfair, etc.

So when your crew gets beat and you call-in even more what then? Oh, it's just cause we didn't recruit enough. Anecdotally, Serj was able to get Jack Merr (he was nothing but polite to us btw) and about ten other people in Trin TS we ran ya back to your guild house in Brit. Your group came back with 20ish. That's just my experience; but, also isn't an uncommon one from what I've read in these forums.

When a new member of the UO PvP community spend months learning the ins and outs of UO PvP mechanics and see that even after 20 years it is still one of the most dynamic PvP systems out there: who can blame them for leaving when you just want it to be a numbers game. Come on man, that's how you want to play a 20 year old game on a free server? If you want a numbers game go work for a political campaign.

Take a step back and think about what you and your group is doing to UOF and PvP in-general. If it isn't a troll then it is your own form of trammel.

jeffe

Master
All in all, all this tells me is to work harder to gain more population so people aren't so upset over losing 20-30 bloody players, who lets face it, either didn't play much at all anymore or will be back anyways like the last 6 now? servers in the past.

It's more of a population split/scale issue if anything.

Finally i want to say:

ZERGING IS AN ISSUE.
THIS IS A GOOD ISSUE, IT MEANS WE ARE POPULATED.
NO WE AREN'T SURE HOW TO DEAL WITH IT YET.
WE ARE TAKING SUGGESTIONS.
PLEASE DON'T JUST COMPLAIN ABOUT IT WITHOUT OFFERING SOME SORT OF CONSTRUCTIVE THOUGHT ON A WAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT BEING FIXED.

Thanks!

Nah, it's worrying and a problem because as you know and have said in the past a shard needs diverse playstyles for it succeed. UOF is lacking its core PvP community.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
EQMS didnt have more than 4 PVPers on until midnight tonight... same as it is everyday. But hey, keep talking about us only playing with 20 people and only fighting 20v4 or w/e fantasy land you want to live in Sag. You want small 2v2s and 3v3s? Set them up in the duel pits -- its what theyre there for... but when you step on the field, prepare for anything -- including 10 newbs in purple who only care about killing you, looting your body, and drinking your tears on the forums(delicious btw).

I have an idea for you Sag -- either man up or shut up, teach your newbs to play like we do or keep crying about how we killed you and your friends #noFucksGiven

p.s.

If you think zergs only exist on UOF, you're as dumb as your friends who left UOF because they were defeated EQMS(as we speak, serj is crying about being para ganked by zergs on "that other shard").

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
All in all, all this tells me is to work harder to gain more population so people aren't so upset over losing 20-30 bloody players, who lets face it, either didn't play much at all anymore or will be back anyways like the last 6 now? servers in the past.

It's more of a population split/scale issue if anything. It's a growing pain, a good one. Most servers have never had this issue because they never get big enough.

Finally i want to say:

ZERGING IS AN ISSUE.
PLEASE DON'T JUST COMPLAIN ABOUT IT WITHOUT OFFERING SOME SORT OF CONSTRUCTIVE THOUGHT ON A WAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT BEING FIXED.

Thanks!

Here's a Suggestions thread that I made for brainstorming ideas. #constructive
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/solving-the-so-called-pk-crisis.83004/

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffe

Master
EQMS didnt have more than 4 PVPers on until midnight tonight... same as it is everyday. But hey, keep talking about us only playing with 20 people and only fighting 20v4 or w/e fantasy land you want to live in Sag. You want small 2v2s and 3v3s? Set them up in the duel pits -- its what theyre there for... but when you step on the field, prepare for anything -- including 10 newbs in purple who only care about killing you, looting your body, and drinking your tears on the forums(delicious btw).

Your passive-aggressive spiels are fun. Have I not been clear enough that I'm Sag? Yep, that's me.

I have an idea for you Sag -- either man up or shut up, teach your newbs to play like we do or keep crying about how we killed you and your friends #noFucksGiven

Nah. Have fun playing a numbers game by yourself. If I haven't publicly given you credit for being a great leader, than consider this that proclamation. Your run a large guild and dedicate an ENORMOUS amount of time to it which is no small feat. Great leaders don't always make great rulers though. And your leadership has all but ruined PvP on UOF, imo. (so many acronyms).

If you think zergs only exist on UOF, you're as dumb as your friends who left UOF because they were defeated EQMS(as we speak, serj is crying about being para ganked by zergs on "that other shard").

That's not a surprise @Serj Tankian gets mad at everything. He'll be fine tomorrow.

lollo

Grandmaster
u werent even there fuckface it was 18 eqms in a single RDA... how pathetic they need 18 people... but still they got shit by 5 of us and we even pked zelda for the fragment... lawl

It was 47 i'm telling you, we had stealthers

girana

Grandmaster

It's more of a population split/scale issue if anything. It's a growing pain, a good one. Most servers have never had this issue because they never get big enough.

Finally i want to say:

ZERGING IS AN ISSUE.

Thanks!

i think lower the entrance hurdle for pvp helps alot

1) removing alchy explo pot bonus soo player no longer forced to used automated script.
2) unnerf pet speed

lollo

Grandmaster
i think lower the entrance hurdle for pvp helps alot

1) removing alchy explo pot bonus soo player no longer forced to used automated script.
2) unnerf pet speed

#1 is NEVER gonna happen get over it. You're starting to look obsessed. It's not like you pvp anyways.

#2 is pretty likely given the tamer tears

clutchxo

Grandmaster
Does this look like an ordinary fight to you? Do people usually stop their fighting for one person to come forth to demand the "savage to speak" like you can see in the picture? This was obviously taken at a player run event. Your efforts to play down the zerking problems are bad and you should feel bad.
Looks like a giant Zerg of blues vs a Red.

Maybe a 15v1. Shocking that no one is flipping out about it.

Looks like a giant Zerg of blues vs a Red.

Maybe a 15v1. Shocking that no one is flipping out about it.

iWKad22.jpg

Does this look like an ordinary fight to you? Do people usually stop their fighting for one person to come forth to demand the "savage to speak" like you can see in the picture? This was obviously taken at a player run event. Your efforts to play down the zerking problems are bad and you should feel bad.

Just quoting my own post here, maybe you can read it this time.

clutchxo

Grandmaster
Just quoting my own post here, maybe you can read it this time.
Looks like a typical day of UO, I personally thought it was missing a few things. Lets check the UOF List of approval.
  1. Screen Shot - Check
  2. Murderer(s) - Check
  3. Blue(s) - Check
  4. One party outnumbering the other - Check
  5. Random slander/trash talk - Check
  6. Forum acknowledgement and bashing/crying - Thanks to me, Check!
So tell me again how this is any different? If those blues were EQMS members regardless of roleplaying / context. 144 people on these forums would be blowing up about;
  • Unfair rules,
  • Broken mechanics,
  • PVP sucks,
  • Blair is a terrible PVP manager,
  • And the list goes on.....

Looks like a typical day of UO, I personally thought it was missing a few things. Lets check the UOF List of approval.
  1. Screen Shot - Check
  2. Murderer(s) - Check
  3. Blue(s) - Check
  4. One party outnumbering the other - Check
  5. Random slander/trash talk - Check
  6. Forum acknowledgement and bashing/crying - Thanks to me, Check!
So tell me again how this is any different? If those blues were EQMS members regardless of roleplaying / context. 144 people on these forums would be blowing up about;
  • Unfair rules,
  • Broken mechanics,
  • PVP sucks,
  • Blair is a terrible PVP manager,
  • And the list goes on.....

IT'S FROM A ******* ROLEPLAYING EVENT TRIN HELD! WTF is wrong with you?

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Perhaps the different between an eqms zerg squad and a trin zerg squad is one zerg squad is completely condescending and vile in the mouth. And the other zerg squad actually has some class and flair for killing with style. It actually makes the game more fun when somebody kills you in good humor and with the spirit of roleplay. People just like that, or at least don't mind so much.

clutchxo

Grandmaster
Perhaps the different between an eqms zerg squad and a trin zerg squad is one zerg squad is completely condescending and vile in the mouth. And the other zerg squad actually has some class and flair for killing with style. It actually makes the game more fun when somebody kills you in good humor and with the spirit of roleplay. People just like that, or at least don't mind so much.
So, EQMS doesn't kill people for fun and humor?

That logic.

EQMS doesn't hold a negative approach to anything unless poked. People are so fast to put some kind of label on the guild - noobs, scrubs, terrible players, cheaters. Then when those members strike back, and say some shit, all of a sudden they are the bad people for talking trash?

Status
Not open for further replies.