Wtf

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
The only way I can think of to beat said cheat is to run near the offender, wait till the spell hits, THEN call guards.

This over-sight needs fixed; EQMS explo-recalling in uoforever was a big part of that shard going under.

@Shane @eppy @halygon

halygon

Grandmaster
Charlie could have done a number of things within the mechanics of the game.

What you are referring to is when you drop a delayed spell like explosion and run off screen before it hits. Guards cannot be called on you from that far away. Now it still flags you as grey and as a attacker.

This is not an exploit, just using the mechanics that are in game.

Tearloch

Grandmaster
Did you check to see if you were grey? If you have auto open corpse on, he could have committed suicide near you. When you opened his corpses (automatic) you are now grey and fair game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drasked

Grandmaster
Did you check to see if you were grey? If you have auto open corpse on, he could have committed suicide near you. When you opened his corpses (automatic) you are now grey and fair game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opening a corpse does not flag you, only looting.

ok so this also happened to me by Charlies back. he didnt murder me i ran off my crafter and came back on terminator wooped his ass he got redlined ran in gaurdzone as charlie always does.just use a spear he cant run..ne ways he stands to the far west side of the anvils and its actually out of guardzone right there kind of like jhelom pits. so he can cast on ppl right ther. ne ways, he clearly does that because he cannot get kills ne other way. i honestly pity him. and i rlly wouldnt care other than it could possibly scare off new ppl who just like to craft in peace. ne ways that was my experiance.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Charlie could have done a number of things within the mechanics of the game.

What you are referring to is when you drop a delayed spell like explosion and run off screen before it hits. Guards cannot be called on you from that far away. Now it still flags you as grey and as a attacker.

This is not an exploit, just using the mechanics that are in game.

Why would these mechanics exist for blues only -- currently reds cannot cast any spell on a blue in town or perform any negative action. It would seem to me to make sense that you not allow blues do this either as it ONLY exists for griefing purposes(most of which happen at the brit crafter area).

Why would these mechanics exist for blues only -- currently reds cannot cast any spell on a blue in town or perform any negative action. It would seem to me to make sense that you not allow blues do this either as it ONLY exists for griefing purposes(most of which happen at the brit crafter area).

i wish to delete this

Geeked Out

Apprentice
Ive played many shards, and chopping it up to just the mechanics of the game is not justifiable by any means... No matter where that dude is when his spell targets hits a blue in town he should be able to be guard wacked as long as the attackee (or other person/npc) yells guards. The word guards should not only have presidence over the small area surrounding the attacker, but over the entire distance covered between both parties. As long as the attackee calls for guards within 3-5 seconds said attacker should be g-wacked even if he managed to run 20 screens out of town. I understand comparing this shard to others is apples to oranges in some aspects and in the explosion mechanics it is for sure.

What is complete crap about this situation and should be brought to attention, is the fact that in order to do a harmful action on a blue you must first accept the prompt that it is a criminal action (sure you can turn that off, but it doesnt mean that prompt magically doesnt take place). Therefore having guards called upon you shouldnt be dependant of when the spell actually does damage, it should be dependant of when that hostile criminal action takes place which is the second that player accepts that prompt.

You post 2 things on the forums...

1. Troll posts talking shit about EQMS or how fat I am
2. Posts asking for likes

Keep your shitposting to the PVP section where it belongs Silvio

paranoid and rude. Wanna stop to think everything is refered to you!? i just don't agree with your post but continue with your mentality.

Ps. Could you give me some like!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster

1: When you say any negative actions, are you also including stealing, or just anything that causes physical harm?
2: I find it ironic when it was your guild that specialized in grief'ing people on uoforever with explo+recall tactics
3: This is literally trammel.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
1: When you say any negative actions, are you also including stealing, or just anything that causes physical harm?
2: I find it ironic when it was your guild that specialized in grief'ing people on uoforever with explo+recall tactics
3: This is literally trammel.

Reds talking about grief in a negative light, the irony melts my soul.....

Oh, get ready for it... Incoming...

EDIT : Not directed to you Rikket..

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
Its funny how he finds ways to kill people...

Maybe some things need looked at, but all in all, if you are logged on somewhere, and are not paying attention, you can die...

If you are paying attention, but can't heal yourself because you only picked crafter skills, well then you will be easy prey anywhere you go.