Why would a Trammel shard of UOF kill the server???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorlac

Journeyman
I'm totally against a trammel facet or even a trammel area but with the changes like no cut zones that have been implemented here to stimulate PvP I could see giving the "trammies" a lower risk area.

Maybe something like a virtue dungeon that's loaded with spawn similar to what you have at Lord Oaks that immediately targets criminals or players with negative karma. I do think that like Oaks killing the monsters should lower the players karma so that folks are forced to interact with the real world as well to build back up their karma. Some might be thinking why not just do Oaks? Oaks has to reset once it is complete so you can't just go anytime you like, the area is small so players don't have spacing and if you just want to kill serpentine dragons you have to work through all the other stuff and this would let players choose the skill level of the monsters they wanted to kill. I could see some limitations like no marking, recalling or gating inside the dungeon and I do think that if something like this were added there should be something implemented that eliminates "safe" afk macroing in the dungeon like making skill gain in the dungeon area the same as skill gain in a house.

While I don't think this dungeon would be completely safe and there would be nothing to stop reds or thieves from just fighting through the spawn or maybe even just camping the entrance, I do think it would provide a much safer spot for farming than a regular dungeon and you wouldn't have to jack with the rules to much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
How about if they add some spawn like rats and giant rats to some of the abandoned buildings in the eastern part of Britain so that people could hunt under the safety of the guards without having to worry about being pked?

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I'm totally against a trammel facet or even a trammel area but with the changes like no cut zones that have been implemented here to stimulate PvP I could see giving the "trammies" a lower risk area.

Maybe something like a virtue dungeon that's loaded with spawn similar to what you have at Lord Oaks that immediately targets criminals or players with negative karma. I do think that like Oaks killing the monsters should lower the players karma so that folks are forced to interact with the real world as well to build back up their karma. Some might be thinking why not just do Oaks? Oaks has to reset once it is complete so you can't just go anytime you like, the area is small so players don't have spacing and if you just want to kill serpentine dragons you have to work through all the other stuff and this would let players choose the skill level of the monsters they wanted to kill. I could see some limitations like no marking, recalling or gating inside the dungeon and I do think that if something like this were added there should be something implemented that eliminates "safe" afk macroing in the dungeon like making skill gain in the dungeon area the same as skill gain in a house.

While I don't think this dungeon would be completely safe and there would be nothing to stop reds or thieves from just fighting through the spawn or maybe even just camping the entrance, I do think it would provide a much safer spot for farming than a regular dungeon and you wouldn't have to jack with the rules to much.
Please... please no. The no cut zones are awful enough. Don't reward the fact that they exist by removing even more of what makes this game great.

I'm not a big fan of thieves, but I can't stand the Brit bank trading area either. Risk needs to exist for there to be any sort of reward, not in just a few areas, but across the board.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
well on one note, if they made the crafting zone a safe zone i would be ok with that, but only if they took out the slayer chance, and put that somewhere else. thats the reward for taking the risk.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
well on one note, if they made the crafting zone a safe zone i would be ok with that, but only if they took out the slayer chance, and put that somewhere else. thats the reward for taking the risk.

Then why even have the crafting area? Isn't that the whole point? To increase chances of slayers and such?

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
some people just wanna do bods, i figure if they did that, then people cant really complain, they get their safe zone and their slayer zone, but not both

Deadpool

Grandmaster
some people just wanna do bods, i figure if they did that, then people cant really complain, they get their safe zone and their slayer zone, but not both

Ah gotcha. I still think the crafting area should just stay as it is but I get what you mean now.

Zorlac

Journeyman
Please... please no. The no cut zones are awful enough. Don't reward the fact that they exist by removing even more of what makes this game great.

I'm not a big fan of thieves, but I can't stand the Brit bank trading area either. Risk needs to exist for there to be any sort of reward, not in just a few areas, but across the board.

I'm not proposing eliminating risk just a location where it would be most likely less risky. It kind of already exists in scaled down way with the Oaks champ spawn. It wouldn't be anywhere near as big a change as no cuts. The game would also get a new dungeon or spawn area and who knows maybe they could add some new monsters or loot. It would be kind of like the anti-Khaldun.

Whatever, it isn't a big deal to me. I just thought it might be a better alternative to a straight up trammel area if any changes to favor pvmers were being considered.

Last edited by a moderator:

gadric

Expert
No I am very serious. The ONLY reason that pkers have for being against a Trammel shard is because then they would be deprived of PVM people to hunt and kill. Most pkers are cowards who hunt in packs and then if you do manage to kill them they throw a tantrum. I actually have external tools that I can use to deal with Pkers but I dont like using them because it can serious hurt their boxes

Deadpool

Grandmaster
No I am very serious. The ONLY reason that pkers have for being against a Trammel shard is because then they would be deprived of PVM people to hunt and kill. Most pkers are cowards who hunt in packs and then if you do manage to kill them they throw a tantrum. I actually have external tools that I can use to deal with Pkers but I dont like using them because it can serious hurt their boxes

Viw54Tq.gif

What kind of BS are you trying to sell with this yin and yang mumbo jumbo? Do you think people like getting constantly harassed and killed every time they set foot outside of town?I'm sorry but losing everything thing I have on my person is not my idea of a good time. Sure I could get good at killing PKers but guess what, I have no desire to kill them or any other players for that matter. I like killing monsters and challenging myself that way. I have started to just sit there and let whatever PK that attacks me kill me because why run and give them that satisfaction. I played from the start of UO and I loved when Tram came out! Tram did not kill UO, lack of new and exciting content killed UO. EA killed UO. nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.