Why do so few do factions?

Sommerella

Master
Theyd only be able to kill you in your faction if they were red -- faction members do not highlight green to you. You also cannot heal or even party with opposing faction members, so while we have seen enemy factions team up against us, its mostly bc we outnumber them and their hate for us is strong.
Yes I know all of that. You're missing my point.
But you never miss an opportunity for that good old eqms propaganda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
I still havent seen someone run out of stamina on a mount?

You have to sprint for 15-20 minutes straight for it to kick in. Ethereal mounts have more stamina than a regular mount. The more dono your mount cost the more stam you get, i would suggest applying an ethy dye for that 6th gear mount stam boost

ps jk about that last part

RAVE GL

Master
need to increase server population. The server likely seen an influx of new and returning players with the hype and release of Booty Island, and then the reality of "I can't hunt for 10 minutes without getting PK'd" set in.
Want more factioners? Need to up server population, and the only way to do that is to make it more favorable for new players who don't really get to experience the first steps of gameplay which involve hitting those dungeons and building up their characters/forming that bond.

Two ways to do it... bigger anti-pk guilds, or heavier penalties for murderers. Both will drive more to Factions AND increase server health.
I'm saying this so often I'll be coming off as an "anti-pk" guy, but it's not the case. I'd PK to if there were anyone to kill.... but there isn't. Dungeons are empty. Zerg reds is all you see.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Being able to make money while PVPing would almost certainly increase the PVP population on here as well as decrease the number of people pking in dungeons, win win.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Maybe it is just me or its bugged but I get the stam loss when I don't run at all and walk a few tiles.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I get really angry when I go to steal a weapon out of a faction guys hands and it's blessed. In my eyes factions actually have the most tramtastic abilities for the few who do it. Even if I were in factions I'd refuse to fight anyone with a blessed weapon.

Vorax

Grandmaster
Yea the blessing of faction weapons was the worst change imo, invincible- or whatever abuses the shit out of it, by going out of town and going grey, and then coming back in town to get people to flag him, only to get destroyed by his blessed verite war hammer... And mare...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

amonseti

Grandmaster
Buffing factions would fix this.
Ohh I agree dont get me wrong .. I love the pvp aspect . the thrill of risk is why I play here . but it can get ridiculos, due to balance issues etc etc . but thats all another topic on its own.

Factions need a buff big time ! and more incentive . Id be totally down with factions then .. but right now the reason I Avoid joining a faction is I already have enough on my plate worrying about Red pk's trying to kill me and take my effort . I dont need to open up normally blue's with the ability to PK me also ..

Sanchen

Master
There are incentives to playing factions.

1. 5% increased skill gain. ---- I been using this to level my tamer.
2. 5% increased dmg done to monster and increase pet exp ---- Can't wait to start using this.
3. Your red doesn't get his head cut anywhere in the world.

All of these apply for 2 hours per faction kill and while you own the point.
Not to mention the sigil bonuses you get. If that's not enough i don't know what is.

Vorax

Grandmaster
Reds can still be cut in dungeons

Edit - not sure on the point deal, pretty sure we had the bloodshed buff and still ended up getting cut in a dungeon

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I don't understand the damage increase to monsters when factions is about pvp. I see the list of benefits and it really should be put into something for the norm player. You must pvp to get this. Don't get me wrong I've loved pvp and did so for years, but you may as well put in item insurance at the rate it's going.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
If anything instead of making pvp easier or handing over shit, factions should make it more of a challenge. Zerging doesn't count cause you can do that without factions. There's no real militarism vibe.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
Yea the blessing of faction weapons was the worst change imo, invincible- or whatever abuses the shit out of it, by going out of town and going grey, and then coming back in town to get people to flag him, only to get destroyed by his blessed verite war hammer... And mare...

worst change? you have always been able to faction bless weapons. No faction bless weapons=no runic hammer market

LSDjay

Grandmaster
worst change? you have always been able to faction bless weapons. No faction bless weapons=no runic hammer market
Didnt runic weapons got removed from factions on osi, short after it was released ?
For a good reason.
Long time ago i could be wrong here, im talking bout 01/02 .
forgive me if im wrong. :)

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
Didnt runic weapons got removed from factions on osi, short after it was released ?
For a good reason.
Long time ago i could be wrong here, im talking bout 01/02 .
forgive me if im wrong. :)

I wouldn't know tbh, I've only played on ******** and UOF

LSDjay

Grandmaster
I wouldn't know tbh, I've only played on ******** and UOF
Cant be sure anymore, im probably wrong, or they were not always in.
Maybe runics came after factions was introduced . had a friend who used a item bless deed on a vanq axe in those days, wich was the only blessed weapon in factions at that time.

ahhh its all to long ago, cant remember it.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Cant be sure anymore, im probably wrong, or they were not always in.
Maybe runics came after factions was introduced . had a friend who used a item bless deed on a vanq axe in those days, wich was the only blessed weapon in factions at that time.

ahhh its all to long ago, cant remember it.
Faction bless was always there that I remember but I only started to mess with factions after AoS. So I could be wrong about it prior to then.

Madd Dogg

Master
I agree 100% with gluttony on this. In PCH we started a factions guild a long time ago but never really got it running. I left my character in it, which happened to be Minax long before EQMS got here. From time to time I will log in and run around solo on him, I'll run through glow, brit, some dungeons and not find a single other faction member unless they are AFK in the guard tower. Simply put there needs to be something put in so more people will get involved with factions and a system that will promote more then just getting a large group together. Not saying that group pvp is bad but there should be a mix of large group fighting (bases, sigils, rda/champs) and smaller skirmishes (dungeons, towns, random encounters).

Fattson

Grandmaster
need to increase server population. The server likely seen an influx of new and returning players with the hype and release of Booty Island, and then the reality of "I can't hunt for 10 minutes without getting PK'd" set in.
Want more factioners? Need to up server population, and the only way to do that is to make it more favorable for new players who don't really get to experience the first steps of gameplay which involve hitting those dungeons and building up their characters/forming that bond.

Two ways to do it... bigger anti-pk guilds, or heavier penalties for murderers. Both will drive more to Factions AND increase server health.
I'm saying this so often I'll be coming off as an "anti-pk" guy, but it's not the case. I'd PK to if there were anyone to kill.... but there isn't. Dungeons are empty. Zerg reds is all you see.

I'm sorry. In advance. Cuz this is going to make me sound like a jerk.

You're wrong.