What's up with the Champ Spawn?

You've always been able to lure champs, why change it now? I'd hate to see what happens if you saw a t2a champ lured onto a boat, which is common on servers where the facet is open. You'd probably write a letter to congress or something.
Which is why those servers failed. Welcome to UOForever.

K A Z

Grandmaster
chamspawn is already in trammel-mode. Don't make anything this game offers too easy, seriously. Its SO easy to avoid getting your champion taken from you especially if the group of PKs is smaller than 5 guyz. People nowadays seem to think that work = reward where things like champion spawns have always been more of a lottery.

Gedron

Master
^^ which is exactly why I hope they go through with the grey flag once the champion is activated. The issue isn't reds coming in to PK, the issue is all the bullshit blues who come in and mess with your groove. I would rather be able to dump them as they trickle in than have to deal with morons pulling hundreds of spawn into your dragons getting everyone killed.

I would take a group of PK's coming in to fight over the champion in the end than having to deal with blues ANYTIME :p

jdcalve

Master
jdcalve is actually one of the blue trams that he bashes, he just likes to tell himself otherwise.

He actually does more pvp on the forums more than anything else.

Malacate/Malakeith and Trammelgame are his mains (don't really know the exact spelling, but he is blue and bad) - he groups with the blues and likes to cry.

You aren't very intelligent.

Amusing post coming from a group that dies repeatedly to our reds.. complains about people not using reds, yet every time someone dirt naps your char you guys are instantly there on blue tamers.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I love champ spawn drama. I love it when people try shit and I love to try shit myself.

Honestly I've barely gotten my toes wet. Sure I've been on the receiving end many times but I've dropped countless PS myself, many players who had scrolls on them, and many players who didn't see it coming.

And I haven't even BEGUN to fuck with people yet. Champs are about as good as they are going to get. Making the zone a grey area is the last major change. Making champs static wouldn't matter as much if that were the case, but would still be the wrong move.

Its hard stay within 50 tiles when you need to pvp and the tamers just gank the champ. Time is very limited when the champ is up. When it gets drug 20 screens off it makes it almost impossible to find once you lose track of it. By the time you find it, its dead and you were too far away to get a scroll after working the spawn.

Bromista

Grandmaster
This is largely true, and I feel that's what makes spawns great.

A few times I've found out where the champ was drug to and was able to get close enough and remain unnoticed. Gotta be annoying when you take the easy way out and still don't get all the scrolls :)

This is largely true, and I feel that's what makes spawns great.

A few times I've found out where the champ was drug to and was able to get close enough and remain unnoticed. Gotta be annoying when you take the easy way out and still don't get all the scrolls :)
So what your saying is let someone else do all the work and just show up for the champ. Gotcha

Bromista

Grandmaster
So what your saying is let someone else do all the work and just show up for the champ. Gotcha
Well that was spoken from the standpoint of someone who had their champ taken from them and was able to sneak back in and get a scroll.

But in short, yes, that's generally what people do lately. Is it admirable? Hell no. Does it requite talent? Hell no. It's really not very creative. But it's what half the "champ" guilds are doing nowadays.

Anyhow, if it weren't for the added excitement I don't think I would be as into champs as I am.

_mag

Neophyte
If this isn't your first exposure to champ spawn then you should realize that the chance of pvp is one of the biggest draws of champs spawns. You used to need large guilds to complete champs and have reds to defend, as you would most likely be raided by other skilled guilds. As stated above, aside from the duel pits the despise champ is currently one of the biggest "trammel" zones in the game. At this point in the UO free server era there just aren't really enough pvpers to be a threat to the 30 blues that are on the altar during prime time. Can't wait to see what happens if champ zones make you grey like khaldun. I expect scroll prices to skyrocket.

The only problem I ever really had and should be fixed is taking the champ completely away from the spawn to an inaccessible area like a boat though it's pretty clever, it's still lame. The rest is just a minor inconvenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this isn't your first exposure to champ spawn then you should realize that the chance of pvp is one of the biggest draws of champs spawns. You used to need large guilds to complete champs and have reds to defend, as you would most likely be raided by other skilled guilds. As stated above, aside from the duel pits the despise champ is currently one of the biggest "trammel" zones in the game. At this point in the UO free server era there just aren't really enough pvpers to be a threat to the 30 blues that are on the altar during prime time. Can't wait to see what happens if champ zones make you grey like khaldun. I expect scroll prices to skyrocket.
PvP isnt the problem, its losing site of the champ. If you cant find it intime you lose your chance at a scroll. It then defaults to the people who are by the champ for the scroll drop, aka the greifers who drug it off to nowheresville.

_mag

Neophyte
Pvp is obviously the problem. If you're unwilling or unable to kill the griefers and defend your champ, then you should just accept your loss.

CaptKickBalls

Journeyman
I have an idea that will make everyone happy.

Lets make a rule set that does not allow non-consensual PVP. We can call it Lemmart....

But seriously, leave champs the way they are. Don't ask for justice on people that "screw up your groove", get justice yourself.