What's up with the Champ Spawn?

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
So what is the deal with the few that are able to drag the Champ from the spawn room all the way over to the other side of the dungeon? I've seen that twice today. First time, had no idea what happened, but earlier, saw it again. Spent a long time with other to start the thing, then to have it dragged away Extremely fast I might add from where we spawned him. Took me forever to find him again, by the time I did, he was dead.

Has this become the new common practice, let others spawn him in and then sneak him away? Just curious.

Jager

Grandmaster
in all honesty, ive dont maybe 25-30 champ spawns, wich i know is nothing compaired to most, and i dont have a tamer i usually go with voke/mage, but i have yet to even see a power or skill scroll from the champ, and 9 times outa 10, right neer the end ,shit goes down to make it much more of a hastle than needed, for me the risk vs reward on champ spawns are no good, other than the gold i have yet to reap the rewards of a champ spawn. i am in the middle of making my first tamer so maybe that will change my view but with the amount of game time i have that tamer wont be usable for a long time.. so for a group of people snatching the champ so they get ALL the rewards is kinda cheasy, but i guess if they have the manpower and the means to get it done, good on em. cant see it being against the rules though if thats what your wondering

I agree with this post. They need to static the champ to the idol area. People should not be able to drag it 20-30 screens away or where ever they choose. I have seen the Semidar get drug all the way down the tunnel to the very end of it to be killed just so the people who worked the spawn will get no credit as they can not find it. I would say 3-5 screens is a good static area and if dragged beyond that he should bounce back to idol.

jdcalve

Master
I agree with this post. They need to static the champ to the idol area. People should not be able to drag it 20-30 screens away or where ever they choose. I have seen the Semidar get drug all the way down the tunnel to the very end of it to be killed just so the people who worked the spawn will get no credit as they can not find it. I would say 3-5 screens is a good static area and if dragged beyond that he should bounce back to idol.

Buncha trams.

jdcalve

Master
LOL, far from tram. This is something that needs to be fixed. they changed the scoring system due to people coming in at last second to get scrolls, this is no different.

So players being absolute morons and not paying attention to the spawn needs a fucking GM intervention?

That's tram if I've ever heard it.

_mag

Neophyte
You've always been able to lure champs, why change it now? I'd hate to see what happens if you saw a t2a champ lured onto a boat, which is common on servers where the facet is open. You'd probably write a letter to congress or something.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
As the original poster, wasn't asking for a change. Was asking if this was common practice. Hadn't run into until recently and never saw it Atlantic when I did them there.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
What is it with all the Trammel insults? Are people so shallow and unimaginative that they are unable to concoct anything remotely unique regarding attempts to degenerate someone on here?

Seems to be the same folks as well but I wonder what would happen if perma-statloss was introduced *OH I DID TYPE THAT AGAIN* it would be :

"WAHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, its TOOO HARD... WAHHH, PUT IT BACK.. WAHHH,"

The first few months of Trammel was actually very fun, why? Because it was very possible to loot people in Trammel, the items and wealth I gained because of blue bone looting was not to be sniffed at and sending a party invite to someone who was knocking on deaths door was also a way to get free loot, they didn't even need to accept the party request.

Wyvern island based in T2A was a mass grave, daily *even the GM's took interest in this wonderful place* , I could fill a bank full of loot and not just regs and armour pieces but anything from rares through to top end vanqs for the day and we all know how much top end vanqs were worth back then, especially silver. I even looted a lava tile.
So Trammel wasn't all that bad to begin with, only if you wanted to run around murdering folks is where Trammel became an issue, but again, those with a little bit of sense would join guilds and murder from within the inside, even looting houses when you were trusted enough to be added as a co-owner.

I guess the unimaginative-syndrome still runs rampant but at least try and be a little more original with your oh-so-tiresome insults.

DISCLAIMER :

The above stated is directed only to individuals who are shown to lack the intellectual capacity of anything less than a piece of bark *bark from a tree if you are thinking dogs.* If you thought that the word 'bark' in this context was anything to do with a dog, then you could well be squashed into the same category as those who are considered intellect- incapable. No offence was intended of course, although some people who read such things can and have become incredibly self concious of something like this and took it as the above relating to them for whatever reason even if said text does not / is not directed to them.

If you read anything here that does not make sense to you, you are reading it wrong as this comes from the perspective of another and since this is Christmas, everyone *even those with slower brain activity* deserve the benefit of the doubt.

So yeah...

@darkana - I lost interest at "the first few months of trammel"

sorry bro, it's like you're preaching gay rights in a muslim's mosque....

prepare for stones to be thrown in your direction!

Darkarna

Grandmaster
@darkana - I lost interest at "the first few months of trammel"

sorry bro, it's like you're preaching gay rights in a muslim's mosque....

prepare for stones to be thrown in your direction!

I can see how the gay thing could quite possibly lead to genocide, but hey... Come on man, Trammel was great the first couple of months.. It was less safe than Fel, some really expensive items went missing in those few months and EA knew it.. People thought they were safe, in their own little world and this is what made those few months SOOOOO great.... Man, I am hitting a nostalgic moment again, but I remember my first Silver vanq katana, 500,000 gold pieces worth, just sitting idle on a corpse which was due to goto bones, the guy come back and tried to loot his corpse, but he failed to note that someone hiding next to his corpse and trading a fish steak to him would prevent him from looting. What made it worse is the trade window never popped up thus immense confused ensued. Ahhhhhhhhhh the good old days....

*cracks open a bottle of whiskey*

Lets go back a couple months to when Meph spawned on the Island. They had to relocate that champ due to people luring it onto a boat and dragging it to god knows where and leaving it. All it is is griefing at its finest. There is no point to it and it wastes everyones time who did the actual spawn. Its not Tram in any way shape or form and those who say it is are the ones griefing.

jdcalve

Master
Im not reading that wall of text crap.

Trams.

Pay attention to the spawn and you dont have a problem.

It's not like he can be boated in despise.. is it that difficult to walk through the dungeon and find him?

Gedron

Master
Why is it when someone presents an opinion or brings up a topic for discussion, it's always answered with rage and insults? It makes you sound ignorant as hell.

I agree it is a little ridiculous to drag a champ away from the alter to hide it, but the way champions are grieved now, that's the route people have been forced to take. You have a group who works hard to get to the end only to have an ocean of blues and reds pour in to take all the goods at the last minute. People adapt, so when you grief champs, this is what you get. It's a beast the trolls on this server have created and until they are dealt with, it will continue.

Ultimately, what I'm trying to say is there shouldn't be a reason to implement the static range of a champ because people shouldn't want to just troll you at the end so no one gets anything. Unfortunately, that's not the case right now so this is how people have adapted. I mean literally, there are people on here who will come in JUST to screw up your champ and get everyone killed so you can't finish it.

I think if you made everyone with x amount of screens around the alter grey, that would fix A LOT of these issues because if someone started pulling shit like that, you could drop them without taking counts. I think everyone here who does champs has a good idea of some of the people I'm referencing, so anytime they are seen near a champ, they're dropped. The problem will work itself out.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Im not reading that wall of text crap.

Trams.

Pay attention to the spawn and you dont have a problem.

It's not like he can be boated in despise.. is it that difficult to walk through the dungeon and find him?

You guys whine about the stupidest shit.

Man, yet you are whining about folks whining, get a brain for gods sake and lose the contradictory attitude.. Jesus, some people in this world are born to be idiotic..

jdcalve is actually one of the blue trams that he bashes, he just likes to tell himself otherwise.

He actually does more pvp on the forums more than anything else.

Malacate/Malakeith and Trammelgame are his mains (don't really know the exact spelling, but he is blue and bad) - he groups with the blues and likes to cry.