un-randomize explosion spell timer

agauo

Master
not sure if this is intended or not but it isn't a very good thing in my opinion. Right now the explo damage hits from around 2700ms to 3100ms after targeting explosion spell. Would be a good change to un-randomize this timing :)

Belge

Grandmaster
It is like that, so people can't have a auto-toss macro that hits 100% of the time. Making you have to time it, or occasionally miss the odd throw.

halygon

Grandmaster
Sounds kinda dumb because frankly Mage pvp relies upon relying upon specific spell times. This is probably why I can only perform a exp + pot + eb half the time.

agauo

Master
Perhaps because making a script for perfect explo eb will be harder now. I haven't noticed this before.

Not true. It makes performing a perfect explo eb impossible not harder for both scripts and people manually doing it.. I've heard so many people here complaining about how it's impossible to heal perfect explo/ebs. If you are unable to reliably heal ebs maybe you shouldn't be commenting on threads that are talking about things effecting pvp. I would personally love to see and heal better timed ebs here whether they are scripted or not.

Knowing that nobody on the shard noticed these randomized timings or the fact that you cannot wrestle hit while casting (http://uoforum.com/threads/wrestling-bug.45109/) is pretty concerning to me. I realize this isn't the most active shards in regards to pvp, but someone somewhere should have noticed this before the day I started playing.

Jani

Grandmaster
I didn't say that it shouldn't be always the same, did I? That was just my guess, because there must be some reason why it is randomized atm.

agauo

Master
I didn't say that it shouldn't be always the same, did I? That was just my guess, because there must be some reason why it is randomized atm.

From what I understand it was made random to make it easier for people here to heal syncs. Kind of sad if you ask me..

I didn't expect this thread to get much attention. If it was something to do with nerfing tamers so that they are at an acceptable level it would probably be at 10 pages by now of people crying.

K A Z

Grandmaster
From what I understand it was made random to make it easier for people here to heal syncs. Kind of sad if you ask me..

I didn't expect this thread to get much attention. If it was something to do with nerfing tamers so that they are at an acceptable level it would probably be at 10 pages by now of people crying.

are you saying that insta-kills from tamers should NOT BE NORM??

on topic: makes sense now why sometimes people heal perfect synchs as if they were nuttin... never really realised this, though. I'll blame it on mah lag... i'm all for them changing it, though.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Not true. It makes performing a perfect explo eb impossible not harder for both scripts and people manually doing it.. I've heard so many people here complaining about how it's impossible to heal perfect explo/ebs. If you are unable to reliably heal ebs maybe you shouldn't be commenting on threads that are talking about things effecting pvp. I would personally love to see and heal better timed ebs here whether they are scripted or not.

Knowing that nobody on the shard noticed these randomized timings or the fact that you cannot wrestle hit while casting (http://uoforum.com/threads/wrestling-bug.45109/) is pretty concerning to me. I realize this isn't the most active shards in regards to pvp, but someone somewhere should have noticed this before the day I started playing.

Need more 'pro' pvpers on here to bring stuff like this up. Just because the shard is 99% focused on pvm, doesn't mean pvp mechanics should be overlooked.

halygon

Grandmaster
are you saying that insta-kills from tamers should NOT BE NORM??

on topic: makes sense now why sometimes people heal perfect synchs as if they were nuttin... never really realised this, though. I'll blame it on mah lag... i'm all for them changing it, though.
I blamed it on to lag too. Probably shouldn't have kicked that guy from the guild for not being able to sync properly...

Jani

Grandmaster
I'm European as well and had more than 200 ping till the latest host change. That could be the reason why I haven't noticed this either. Anyway, never seen randomized explo timer before, so I definitely wouldn't mind if it was not randomized.

Also, magic arrow spamming is pretty bad atm. @agauo what do you think about 5x duels here? Have seen or tried any 5x duels on UOF? Certain ppl just spam like 20 magic arrow in a row which is pretty much all about the ping. if you could wrestle at the same time as you're casting with this short poison tick and magic arrow being broken, it would be even more easier than it is now.

Last edited by a moderator:

agauo

Master
I'm European as well and had more than 200 ping till the latest host change. That could be the reason why I haven't noticed this either. Anyway, never seen randomized explo timer before, so I definitely wouldn't mind if it was not randomized.

Also, magic arrow spamming is pretty bad atm. @agauo what do you think about 5x duels here? Have seen or tried any 5x duels on UOF? Certain ppl just spam like 20 magic arrow in a row which is pretty much all about the ping. if you could wrestle at the same time as you're casting with this short poison tick and magic arrow being broken, it would be even more easier than it is now.

I don't care too much for 5x duels here (not to say that they are bad). Personally I would like to see longer delay in between poison ticks and to compensate being able to punch while casting. It probably would be too hard defensively in 5x duels if you were able to punch while casting in the current system. I believe I have dueled some of the best of the 5xers on this shard without any practice and have been somewhat able to keep up with them. I'm not gonna say I beat them by any means, but was at least able to hold my ground. On shards where it takes more skill to disrupt and having to play more around poison ticks there is a much greater barrier between good players who know the timings and others who don't 5x all that often.

IMO poison ticking every 2? seconds is way too quick. I understand that people seem to think poisoners need a buff of some sort (I don't think they do. especially when played in a group) and more frequent ticks was probably the answer to that, but I do not think this is the correct way to go about it. Maybe slightly more damage on poison ticks or further range on the poison levels when you have the skill poisoning.

Don Key

Master
I always liked the way OSI had changed it where lesser poison ticked faster in smaller chunks, vs deadly poison that ticked slower for larger chunks.