Ultimate RDA

Maller

Adept
I was with a group earlier trying to do a minotaur rda. It had 6 tentacles, and 3x the usual number of minotaurs. Has anyone else had an experience like this recently?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Have seen double spawns before. Sounds like you found a triple.

Sounds awful LOL.

I wish they hadn't made stealth changes to RDAs :(

BEN!

Grandmaster
you can't? why did they change them?

so now the only way to do em is to suicide a character to pull mobs away?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah I meant stealth changes as in staff made changes with no formal announcement.

Almost everything is different for portals now. They are more of a challenge for organized guilds which on one hand I like. Basicslly impossible for small groups now.

rurik

Master
5 mino warriors and 2 tentacles waiting to slaughter you when you enter gate, 5 each in N,E,W & S. LOL.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Yeah we tried to race to kill the second one before getting the 2 minute boot killing the first. We almost got the buzzer beater kill but got booted. Luckily there were 2 gates and the second one was still up to get back in.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Lol seriously???

Man why couldn't they just leave it alone....

I made a suggestion to staff discussing changes to portals, maybe I need to post it publicly to get it some attention.

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Lol seriously???

Man why couldn't they just leave it alone....

I made a suggestion to staff discussing changes to portals, maybe I need to post it publicly to get it some attention.
Lol well you made this one sound way too easy in that RDA wiki post :p

Bromista

Grandmaster
To be fair, three of the RDAs were way too easy compared to the tougher ones. They all were made more difficult across the board though which was probably not the right move. I see RDAs as a medium challenge. Small group of skilled PvMers can handle that without too much difficulty, large groups bang them out like they are nothing. But they are still doable by newer players. Now I'm afraid the little guys just got pushed out altogether.

Blaine made a post about random instances that would have filled the "little guy" niche which is what this server needs more than anything. But as with most of Blaine's ideas it was very involved and very busy. Which is great, I admire the commitment and dedication he shows to his ideas but it seems like even the simple stuff is hard enough to get implemented. So I really simplified things, here's a little snippet:

The way I see it RDAs are a medium challenge. I feel like what the server needs are some random adventures of the easier and also incredibly difficult variety. The server is fucking bumping right now, lotta big guilds out there duking it out over a little bit of randomized PvM content (3 RDAs) and I think it would be great to have a little more variety. And these big guilds are all hogging the RDAs, and while competition is fine and dandy I just kinda feel for the little guys wanting to get their foot in the door. I know I have talked to at least a dozen people that have said they went into an RDA and got wiped instantly. Probably all solo or duo attempts and if inexperienced they are really just a tad too difficult for your guys that are just up and coming.

So for that reason I'd most like to see some lesser instances. For example 4 orcs/orc lords spawn around a locked chest. Kill them all and 10-12 orc lords and orc mages spawn. Kill those and 2 orc brutes spawn. Kill those and a final orc leader spawns with a key (think Asylum key) that unlocks the chest. Inside is consistently good loot, tmap style. The orc leader has a chance of dropping a meta dexer/mage relic (small chance like RDAs currently are for pet relics) because these are relatively easy instances. They would help get some people hooked on meta mage and meta dexer stuff possibly.

There could also be a bone mage/lich/lich lord/ancient lich progression, spider progression, daemon progression, and other such instances. Same as RDAs, 3 every X amount of time orsomething like that.

I am most interested in seeing this lesser type instance being implemented. I bet it would getsome more people playing and spreading the word.

I highlighted current RDAs as an approproate medium challenge and also ideas for a "super RDA" but one that's that way by design, not a glitch lol.

Liberty

Grandmaster
The real question is, why were these ninja changes made without alerting the players. Also,. why is there no information on this new RDA wand for locating them ..? Is there even a faction RDA anymore?

Messremb

Grandmaster
The real question is, why were these ninja changes made without alerting the players. Also,. why is there no information on this new RDA wand for locating them ..? Is there even a faction RDA anymore?
Seriously the ninja nerfs, that were obviously not tested, implemented right before battles week, with no info provided, and no staff around to address the issues.

Could have waited a week, and then let people actually know what you did. cause, as of now, it just seems like they fucked up rdas on accident and are too busy to fix them.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Patches and fixes should be reported before they are actually go live except for bugs that can be exploited in the time between the notes being released and the server refreshing with the implementation.

I can understand slipping in some things for players to organically stumble upon but that should be rare. If that is what this double RDA was supposed be then it was still kind of buggy with the 2 entrances and 1 exit as well as starting a 2 min timer when there was still a second boss to kill.