Trapping pets? Your opinions.

should this be allowed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Some One

Master
Personally allow it. this has happened to me ,but there's a lot you can do to prevent it.
It adds risk for tamer an great game play IMO.

Salsa

Grandmaster
The only people who do take them out of dungeons are people who want to PvP with them (Read: Gate Keeper), and as far as I'm concerned, he deserves to have his dragons taken on a daily basis.

bgoldbeck

Apprentice
Personally allow it. this has happened to me ,but there's a lot you can do to prevent it.
It adds risk for tamer an great game play IMO.
I can agree with allowing it and I think it does add a greater element of risk and careful planning. I haven't played in awhile, but as it was the only way to get your pet back was to link them with items purchased with donation coins. Which meant someone at some point had to spend cash to get them. So, every time a player steals your pet, the devs earn $$$. Any dev commenting would obviously have a biased opinion on this matter. If there are other ways to keep your pet safe, I'm sure new tamers would love to hear them.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Its not like tamers cant afford to buy donation coins for gold they dont have to donate if they dont want to.

keep it legal

Malkraven

Grandmaster
If you buy donation coins with gold, someone at SOME point had to put $$$ in the system.
Yea but that person probably would have donated anyway. Donations are keeping this server up and running i tend to get 2-3k coins a month just to show my support i dont often buy any of that neon garbage on the vendor. if i dont need cbds/petballs ect i either sell them on or use them in trade with other players.

what i should of said is no one is "forced" to donate if they dont want.

halygon

Grandmaster
From a different aspect. Trapping pets balances out PVP from a single person vs tamer and pet(s) perspective. Basically, you want to use badass pets to kill your enemies, understand that if you fail, you may lose those pets.

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
I voted no because I used to enjoy trapping normal creatures in my house until they made it against the rules. Now it's only legal to trap a creature if that creature is someone's pet.

K A Z

Grandmaster
make it cheaper but let pets take harsh skilloss when they get summoned.. --> less bad people using em for PVP, easier for newbs to get their beetles back.

basicly my idea would be to remove those summoning balls and the charges from the store and to add them as a goldsink. Balls would be somewhere around 100k with every charge being 10-20k. Pets get 10% skilloss when balled. Problem solved. Right now the rich people cudnt give less of a fuck if their pets get balled (lured Sara-'s 2 mares 4x a row 2 weeks ago and she still brought em out for PVP.. she cudnt care less) and the poor newbs suffer.

Tonycakes

Grandmaster
I wouldn't mind it, but you should be able to release your pets instead of having to wait for them to untame.

Ginger Ninja

The only people who do take them out of dungeons are people who want to PvP with them (Read: Gate Keeper), and as far as I'm concerned, he deserves to have his dragons taken on a daily basis.

Not true. mine was taken from the entrance of a dungeon

halygon

Grandmaster
lower the cost for summoning balls, add a skilloss for pets that get summoned --> things get fair.
Nah, just make pet skill gain slower and leave everything else the same. Cause you know if it takes you a long time to 7x your pet, you are not gonna chance it without a skill ball. Not to mention, there won't be such an abnormally large supply of maxed out pets which makes things more balanced in pvp.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I wouldn't mind it, but you should be able to release your pets instead of having to wait for them to untame.

The maximum wait time is 24 hours. That's only half of statloss and it's uncommon to need to wait that long anyways. Pet trapping exists to thwart mass tamer idoc/feild pwnage. It's basically the same type of thing as osi keeping pouch trapping to avoid paralyse. Pet balls exist so that people can still do it, but at a cost. Risk vs reward.

Tonycakes

Grandmaster
The maximum wait time is 24 hours. That's only half of statloss and it's uncommon to need to wait that long anyways. Pet trapping exists to thwart mass tamer idoc/feild pwnage. It's basically the same type of thing as osi keeping pouch trapping to avoid paralyse. Pet balls exist so that people can still do it, but at a cost. Risk vs reward.

it happened to me once. ONCE. then I bought pet balls. haha