Tram vs Fel

Drustan

Expert
So, every tamer and provo archer wants to nerf PVP based gameplay so that they can farm their gold in peace until the cows come home. They're not satisfied with safe trade zones, mountless areas, meta pets, meta talismans, pet bonding, blessed dono items, blessed plat vendor armor, or even their precious neon clothes.
I'm going to play devil's advocate and suggest we get rid of all these features, remove house teleporters, reinstate house keys, and get rid of red statting so they realize how well off they already are in the current state of events.
Give them Trammel, or give me death!
(This is a serious suggestion despite how unpopular it will be.)

bane

Master
So, every tamer and provo archer wants to nerf PVP based gameplay so that they can farm their gold in peace until the cows come home. They're not satisfied with safe trade zones, mountless areas, meta pets, meta talismans, pet bonding, blessed dono items, blessed plat vendor armor, or even their precious neon clothes.
I'm going to play devil's advocate and suggest we get rid of all these features, remove house teleporters, reinstate house keys, and get rid of red statting so they realize how well off they already are in the current state of events.
Give them Trammel, or give me death!
(This is a serious suggestion despite how unpopular it will be.)
While we are at it you can bring in the perma-statloss murder system that was put in place 3 months after OSI UO launch. I mean fair is fair right. /sarcasm

Drustan

Expert
It's not like zerging doesn't already happen. Why not?
It could be an effective gold sink if PKK guilds get their act together.

Cack

Grandmaster
Yes, let's tip the scale completely the other way and trade one group of whiners for another.

Drustan

Expert
Ok, well, in a year or two, I'll bump this thread and let's do a solid assessment on the server's economy and overall balance, yeah? I promise you it'll be out of whack.
Don't get me wrong, I love the UOF community, but I don't see these features as being conducive towards UOF's longevity, and I want to ride out UO for as long as people will play.

Starnite

Master
when I played on OSI if a red was killed he had to stay logged in for so many hours per kill count he/she had before they could be rezzed. It was always funny because you would see several red ghost around brit It actually had people talking about who was the number 1 murderer on the shard. At the time I played it was a guy name Alice Cooper on the chessapeake shard. If you turned in the head that was high on the bounty board you could receive a huge amount of gold. This would not work here due to a red can die and be rezzed in just a minute or two.

LuposDavalte

Neophyte
I'll admit I left because of the poisonous red zerg that just makes it impossible to hunt without having to constantly ensure you're at 90% health and have your hand on your recall macro. This game has never been super relaxing, but it is out of hand here.

Even though permanent stat loss hit very very hard on OSI... it worked quite well when champ spawns first started. By having specific regions where you would not accrue short term counts you created, high danger PvP hotspots where players could murder at no risk of stat loss.

This won't stop the true murders who want to risk permanent stat loss, but I think it would slow down the rampant, cowardly killing a bit.

I'd probably come back if I was convinced this issue was being managed.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I see a lot of posts like this talking about tamers and bards wanting to trammelize the server but where are the actual posts that are asking for this? Only ones I see are pvpers wanting pvp changes or tamers upset about meta pet killing blues.

eppy

Grandmaster
I play nearly every day and I haven't been pkd in months. There are plenty of places to farm where reds don't bother to go.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I'll admit I left because of the poisonous red zerg that just makes it impossible to hunt without having to constantly ensure you're at 90% health and have your hand on your recall macro. This game has never been super relaxing, but it is out of hand here.

Even though permanent stat loss hit very very hard on OSI... it worked quite well when champ spawns first started. By having specific regions where you would not accrue short term counts you created, high danger PvP hotspots where players could murder at no risk of stat loss.

This won't stop the true murders who want to risk permanent stat loss, but I think it would slow down the rampant, cowardly killing a bit.

I'd probably come back if I was convinced this issue was being managed.

Join a guild....stop playing by yourself and start fighting back.

Starnite

Master
I play nearly every day and I haven't been pkd in months. There are plenty of places to farm where reds don't bother to go.
Is this because you are the red who is 'doing' the pking ?

On a second thought for the game...... who is the best of the best not as a single individual but as a guild. I know I always read about power, eqms, $, trin, and a few others but who is the best. That would be awesome to watch, like at the brit docks were we could watch 1vs1. Make a bigger place to watch and lets see who is the best and who is the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drustan

Expert
I see a lot of posts like this talking about tamers and bards wanting to trammelize the server but where are the actual posts that are asking for this? Only ones I see are pvpers wanting pvp changes or tamers upset about meta pet killing blues.
Chances are you're reading the same posts I am, but you're holding a different perspective. As a thief primary, I play with a PvP mindset. A lot of the suggestions are nerfs.

Streets

Grandmaster
I would be 100% fine with the 2 day statloss with 1 simple change... you got to be logged in on the character for the timer to run, and not playing another toon (most likely another red)

I don't even care if it's unattended playing but the penelties on this server is 2 days statloss and not 2 days on an alt.

Also I think there should be a combination of the bounty system. Turning in a reds head and getting noting is kind of a let down. Killing a pk, actually being able to cut his head and survive is a rush only to be let down? So what if on top of the current system if you are killed you can add a bounty on top of it? Now before this was abused on osi servers players with multiple accounts or guilds hiking up a bounty to see a player name on the board BUT what is 1/3 of the donation is taxed? (Destroyed) as a gold sink? Would stop some people from being silly with the mechanic. Keeps the current system in place (well other than 2 days on the toon that's working off the murder penance )? And adds a gold sink!

K A Z

Grandmaster
I would be 100% fine with the 2 day statloss with 1 simple change... you got to be logged in on the character for the timer to run, and not playing another toon (most likely another red)

I don't even care if it's unattended playing but the penelties on this server is 2 days statloss and not 2 days on an alt.

Also I think there should be a combination of the bounty system. Turning in a reds head and getting noting is kind of a let down. Killing a pk, actually being able to cut his head and survive is a rush only to be let down? So what if on top of the current system if you are killed you can add a bounty on top of it? Now before this was abused on osi servers players with multiple accounts or guilds hiking up a bounty to see a player name on the board BUT what is 1/3 of the donation is taxed? (Destroyed) as a gold sink? Would stop some people from being silly with the mechanic. Keeps the current system in place (well other than 2 days on the toon that's working off the murder penance )? And adds a gold sink!

you can actually sell the head back.. double click it to negotiate. When you hand it in after you cut it overlands the PK has the chance to buy his head back for 35k - I think you receive 25k of that nd 10k are sinked.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Although with a bounty system on top of the current system would be better 25k is only a few npc kills.

but perfectly fine if you consider how much a PK makes a hour (unless his victims are platemail warrior with 10k on them)

Streets

Grandmaster
Depends on which kind of pk you are crossing?

Factions silver to gold is pretty good atm.

Champ spawn pk, depends I guess they may have gotten a good taming ps or some shitty 105?

Random pk that attacks anything that moves... you are probably right

Streets

Grandmaster
I just remember on atlantic some bounties would break 1 mill with over 100 bounties on them. Unfortunetly like I sad before no way to tell if it was legit or a friend padding his kill count and reward to brag?