Training your meta-pet!

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Just hit 200k but just got mine on Monday so I'm going to say that's Ok. It is so slow I can't imagine doing it without a stone.

Hambeast

Adept
got to lvl 3 and on my way to 4! Also got my first relic. How exactly do they level up? I haven't seen a tick yet, is it based on damage dealt like xp or something else?

Strife

Master
got to lvl 3 and on my way to 4! Also got my first relic. How exactly do they level up? I haven't seen a tick yet, is it based on damage dealt like xp or something else?
Grats on lvl 3. I just hit Stage 5 today. A young dragon that's as powerful or more powerful than a dragon :). The relics are based on XP too. Just use your meta stone to apply the relic and then watch the progress fill up. Which relic did you get? and would you sell it?

Hambeast

Adept
Grats on lvl 3. I just hit Stage 5 today. A young dragon that's as powerful or more powerful than a dragon :). The relics are based on XP too. Just use your meta stone to apply the relic and then watch the progress fill up. Which relic did you get? and would you sell it?

I got the gold relic and already applied it. Hoping to put it to good use tonight

Strife

Master
The gold relic is so/so. Its VERRYYYY slow, but hopefully will turn into something good near max levels.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
My Relic info:
Talons: 1dmg per level every .5s for 10 tics at least so far up to level 4 so 4dmg 10 times = 40dmg

Sapperman

Grandmaster
So i finally saved up enough for the meta stone and Im officially depressed. :) Im 117k into stage 4, man I swore I killed more lol. One thing I have noticed, is if you use only the meta and dont provoke it does seems to increase quicker. Otherwise all the damage is done by your other pet (since swamp drag phase hes basically a slug) or the other mobs do the damage which lowers xp if I understand it correctly.

Strife

Master
So i finally saved up enough for the meta stone and Im officially depressed. :) Im 117k into stage 4, man I swore I killed more lol. One thing I have noticed, is if you use only the meta and dont provoke it does seems to increase quicker. Otherwise all the damage is done by your other pet (since swamp drag phase hes basically a slug) or the other mobs do the damage which lowers xp if I understand it correctly.
While that may be correct, the amount of healing needed for the meta pets in the low levels is crazy. By simply provoking two mobs you may lose 200 xp, but you save yourself the headache of the pet possibly dying, getting overwhelmed or just being outgunned.

Sapperman

Grandmaster
While that may be correct, the amount of healing needed for the meta pets in the low levels is crazy. By simply provoking two mobs you may lose 200 xp, but you save yourself the headache of the pet possibly dying, getting overwhelmed or just being outgunned.

Well I used vorpals til stage 4, they say thats been nerfed, I havent had a chance to confirm it yet. At stage 4 though hes pretty tough, all I am saying is avoid provoking when possible. Naturally, if your pet will die if you don't, then it would be silly not to.:)

Strife

Master
Well I used vorpals til stage 4, they say thats been nerfed, I havent had a chance to confirm it yet. At stage 4 though hes pretty tough, all I am saying is avoid provoking when possible. Naturally, if your pet will die if you don't, then it would be silly not to.:)
I guess it depends what you farm. The lower levels I stuck to shitty trash mobs that the DP could really work on, but as I hit stage 4 and now Stage 5 I farm my usual spots and let the dragon do his damage and let the other mobs tank it. This is faster and in my eyes more efficient from a farming POV.

Sapperman

Grandmaster
Ok so I just tested the vorpals and yeah they completely nerfed it. No XP given. Which I think is lame, since you have a time restraint that the vorpal will stay above ground plus the cost/effort of the thorn, halving the XP would have been better I think. And @Strife your method will definitely kill mobs quicker but in this case im not terribly concerned with farming for gold etc. Thats not the way to make money IMO. Im just trying to get that XP in my hour or so a day playtime lol. :p

Hambeast

Adept
can't wait to get to lvl 5 man. I'm about 1/2 way to lvl 4 right now. Hope to be there this weekend.

Strife, did your gold relic lvl up yet? I'm seeing 2-6 gp bonus gains at lvl 1 which is pretty shitty considering what I paid for the relic.

Strife

Master
I am a sliver away from lvl two on the gold relic. IF I kill paragon mobs I usually get 40 to 50 gold so it may be all based on the amount of gold a mob has. Each level is most likely a percentage of that total stash.

Salsa

Grandmaster
Just want to confirm... What was everyone killing for stage 3?

I've heard Orcs/Ettins/Trolls, but I was killing these in stage 2.

Strife

Master
Just want to confirm... What was everyone killing for stage 3?

I've heard Orcs/Ettins/Trolls, but I was killing these in stage 2.
Stage 3 should stick to Cyclops, ettins trolls, etc. The pets poison works wonders on these mobs. Just provoke several mobs to fight and let your pet poison each one, The poison will tick for 12 to 26 and basically kill all of the mobs without even needing the pet to physically hit each one lol.