Training your meta-pet!

Strife

Master
Hey guys,

Just got my hands on a meta-pet and wanted to start a discussion for training tips/tricks and areas that some people have found useful to get through the early stages.

Thanks in advance!

Strife

Master
Well, I have been training my baby snake now for a few days now. I don't have the Meta Stone so I cant track how well its doing XP wise, but I have an idea of how many mobs I need to kill based on their maximum HP values. The snake (stage 1) is super weak and can only lesser poison enemies. I found two places to farm and train him. The first is despise level one, but due to the mass amount of PKs, I left there quickly cuz it just wasn't worth my time. I found a good spot in Cove, near the exit of level 1 were gazers spawn non stop and I can farm 120 xp per gazer. In addition, the lesser poison applies so often that the gazers just cure non stop and barely damage the snake.

Ill post more stuff as I find it.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
When I was in stage 1 I would hit up pens. The pen near brit stables has 10+ pigs there and they spawn decently fast. The pen in jhelom has goats, pigs, cows, bulls etc, but the spawn is kinda slow. Also the yew pen has similar animals. I would also go around killing random animals between brit and the moongate, theres endless spawn so its pretty much constant killing. To top it off, animal statues rock! I got a pig statue in the process, easy money!

Strife

Master
Thanks for the heads up Dwayne. Its 25k dmg or xp to the next stage correct? Also, does the pet keep its current XP level or always lose it then starts fresh for the next stage ?

Strife

Master
Awesome, thanks for that info. When they evolve, I assume they just poof and evolve into the next stage? and XP is based on damage correct? so if he kills a 100 hp mob its 100 xp?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Correct. The pet can only gain as much xp as the mobs max hp. It's pretty cool when they evolve, the screen flashes bright white and poof :cool:. I'd also suggest hunting things that can't cure poison. At that stage, letting the poison tick off damage is a big help. Also look for mobs with a low armor rating!

Gill

Master
Correct. The pet can only gain as much xp as the mobs max hp. It's pretty cool when they evolve, the screen flashes bright white and poof :cool:. I'd also suggest hunting things that can't cure poison. At that stage, letting the poison tick off damage is a big help. Also look for mobs with a low armor rating!
Thanks for the help as I just got my egg this morning so this is a huge help figuring out where to start!

Last edited by a moderator:

CVegas

Grandmaster
What I've found works best, find an area that spawns dragons and stay hidden. Once you are hidden when someone is farming, kill them (pets included). Do this multiple times if needed.

Strife

Master
Do the meta pets gain experience based on 1 dmg is 1 xp? or is there a reducing factor of any sort? Sorry for the detailed questions lol

Strife

Master
I figured if I killed 250 x 100 hp mobs I would be there by now. So unless my math is horrible wrong or I am over exaggerating how many mobs I have killed then I don't know lol

Strife

Master
Made it to level two. The egg I purchased was supposed to be turned into the GM;s for some reason, but never was so my pet was bugged. All good though. Got a new one and made it to the second level! Now for another 50k lol!

Strife

Master
So Dwayne, 50k for the second stage, do you mind shedding some light on the remaining stages for everyone?