Training your meta-pet!

TheFallen

Grandmaster
All levels start off the same but the lower levels some stats can increase through training (anything under 100 can train up to 100) but the higher level metas are all the same.
Actually that is not true if level 7. There are small variations in each meta. <10 points in each stat.

Grizard

Adept
What all hotkey do you have programmed to have your pet follow you if in the middle of battle and you are trying to make a quick recall escape?

Grizard

Adept
What percentage does this work (Spam All Follow) if say 8 enemies are around your pet fighting him as far as tagging along with the recall?

lollo

Grandmaster
Works almost all the time, just spam it really hard. It only sometimes fails if pet is poisoned

Brother

Neophyte
Why would you even start before gm taming? I think it's 80+ not sure tho

I am not far from GM taming, and I hatched it so I could work on training it since working taming skill is boring. I most likely will stop at young drgon stage if I am not GM yet.

I also had to get a GM to hatch it as it require a GM tamer to hatch.....but you can trade a meta pet @ 50 skill

Wan_Ted

Master
hey sorryy for my bad englisch... Level my Meta Pet when i use my WW in self time to kill Balrons? Meta is level 3 can he become EXP?

Jongi09

Master
Hi guys - can't see an answer to the following question

If I use my meta pet to kill off my tames - do I need to release the tame first before the pet starts gaining exp?

I.e, can I gain exp against my own pets? I presume not but thought I would check!

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Just make sure the pet is wild before it dies.

Ie. You can gain off previously tamed animals but will not gain anything for killinga mob that is currently tamed.

Jongi09

Master
Sorry to resurrect this thread. I'm now in a position to train my meta. It is a lv4 with a lv5 molten.

I've killed titans and ogre Lords mostly in the 45 mins I had last night. Has anyone got a guide for best critters to kill at each level?

Is there any obvious tips I may not know about?

I read the last 6 pages but most of the chat was about skill loss!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
a lot of the earlier pages have stuff on where to go at each level to kill mobs since everyone was still trying to figure this out when the fist implimented it.

yarr

Adept
Wondering if anyone can confirm this:

Meta Pet XP:
Stage 1: Any creature gives XP
Stage 2: If creature less than 75 HP, only 25% hp to XP
Stage 3: If creature less than 150 HP, only 25% hp to XP
Stage 4: If creature less than 250 HP, only 25% hp to XP
Stage 5: If creature less than 350 HP, only 25% hp to XP
Stage 6: If creature less than 450 HP, only 25% hp to XP

nines

Apprentice
I still don't get why meta dragons can't train all their skills up to the cap by fighting.
Moreover, when your meta is level 4 or more, poisoning cannot be raised AT ALL, even if it ends up at 0.1.
If this is not a bug... :S

whats???!