Tonight 10pm EST! Faction Brazier Control Event

Alan

Apprentice
Tonight we will having a special event for all factioners:

View attachment 256

On top of West Brit Bank, there is a Brazier. I know you are worried about the snowman, but fear not, he is made of fake snow!

The objective is to take over and defend the brazier. Only factioners can participate. Here's how it works:

A given factioner will come up to the brazier and double click it to use it. That will initiate a "take-over" attempt. There will be a 20 second countdown (with flamestrikes shooting out of the brazier to indicate that it is in the process of being taken over). During the takeover period there are 2 ways factioners can interact with the brazier to either stop the takeover or ensure the takeover is successful:
(1) the faction doing the takeover can double-click the brazier in order to add "charges" to the brazier takeover.
(2) enemy factions can double-click the brazier to remove "charges" from the brazier takeover.
When a takeover is initiated, 5 charges takeover charges are automatically added. A takeover is cancelled if all the charges are removed (by enemy factioners using the brazier).

BE WARNED each time you double click the brazier to add or remove a charge, you take 20 damage!

When a brazier is taken over, it will change to the color of the corresponding faction (red brazier in the picture is Minax), and enemy factions can then initiate a takeover. While controlled by a given faction (including during any takeover periods), that faction's score will accrue over time. Furthermore, all players in that faction who are UNHIDDEN and WITHIN 15 TILES (one screen) of the brazier will have personal points accrue over time. At the end of the event, the faction with the most points will all be rewards platinum based on their personal points AND the one player with the most personal points will be given a special reward!

If you are a factioner, you will receive broadcasted messages as takeovers are initiated, etc.

This event will begin at 10pm EST and will last 30-40 minutes.

Good luck!

Tanis

I used my faction trap removal kit this weekend to remove 6 faction traps that the TBs had put down in Brit. It took me 5 minutes and 500 silver. Whoever placed them spent 6k silver. Since I don't have to have any "remove trap" skill and I still have my trap removal kit I would say this was a really good deal for me but not such a good deal for those to placed the traps. I like the idea of faction traps but if they are going to be so easy and cheap to remove and so expensive to put down then they are worthless. Either fix them or remove them from the game please.

I appreciate the staff and the events they put on but I believe if things like traps are fixed, it would make factions more popular and help to sustain them more so than these type of events.

Respectfully

Drag drop que.... every time there is a monster event in brit I get this drag drop que and I am never able to get even 6 platinum. Whats the deal with that?

Alan

Apprentice
Mr. Important: I will PM you about that to get more details.

Regarding the faction event, Council of Mages dominated. In the future I imagine we will do this type of event such that faction members sign up and there is a floating max to the number of players that can participate from each faction that depends upon the number of players that have joined from each faction. This would ensure there is always even teams. It would be nice to avoid such an approach if possible (i.e. let it be up to the factions to always give their best showing as well as creating tentative truces with other factions if necessary to clear out a dominating faction)... but I'm not sure that approach is feasible.

I'll have to think about it some more.

S

Shane

I missed this unfortunately, how did everyone like this event?

noobs705

Grandmaster
Not sure how to make it better but it really was not very fun there was the huge group of com that was organized and then there was 4 of us minax organized trying to take them. Its kind of the faction with the biggest numbers won if there was some cap of like joining the event with even numbers it would have been great. I appreciate the attempt though sounded like a great idea

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
To the mages only people: It was at WBB... and you could barely walk between lag and pure amount of people around you, I can't think of a better equation for dexxer dominance.

To the people upset we had so many guys: We spent all day calling out to our faction friends to get everyone online for it, you probably should have done the same. Obviously at these type events, having a large group is a pretty solid strat. Bear in mind CoM is the smallest faction out of the 4. This just goes to show that a little thought and organization go a long way.

To Shane: It was a lot of fun, definitely looking forward to more pvp type events.

K A Z

Grandmaster
just got up for Uni, so obviously couldn't participate. Maybe holding it 5 hours earlier could bring in euro players and therefore even up the numbers.

I used my faction trap removal kit this weekend to remove 6 faction traps that the TBs had put down in Brit. It took me 5 minutes and 500 silver. Whoever placed them spent 6k silver. Since I don't have to have any "remove trap" skill and I still have my trap removal kit I would say this was a really good deal for me but not such a good deal for those to placed the traps. I like the idea of faction traps but if they are going to be so easy and cheap to remove and so expensive to put down then they are worthless. Either fix them or remove them from the game please.

I appreciate the staff and the events they put on but I believe if things like traps are fixed, it would make factions more popular and help to sustain them more so than these type of events.

Respectfully

There is literally nothing else to spend silver on that is worth while. Please stop bringing this up. Thanks.

Drake Roberts

Grandmaster
There is literally nothing else to spend silver on that is worth while. Please stop bringing this up. Thanks.

Jamiezz.. He makes some very valid points.. Why not try interacting with what he said rather than just make a stupid comment like that. Thanks.

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Well, In Jamiezz defense (a defense I prefer not to give) silver IS very very very easy to get... and there ISN'T anything to spend it on. But I find this issue to be unrelated to the traps thing.

Know the great thing about both of these points? They don't belong in this thread.

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Can anyone post pics?

No real spectacular pics, wasn't any good fights...but here ya go.

E9mdCl3.jpg

CC82AZW.jpg

Shit ton of reds gated in and got dropped, pretty funny, and they were pretty stupid.

QPt80wF.jpg

GM controlled AW's spicing things up.
Y11Nmnf.jpg

LJk466e.jpg

Say what you will about N00bs, but the man isn't a quitter.