Thief Life: Town Stealing

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Amazes me how the people in favor of the no cut zone are often the loudest in the anti tram group... Yet somehow can't understand how fucking tram the no cut is.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You were in EQMS for like a week 4 months ago... we goto the no cut first, when its clear there is no PVP there or groups to fight only then do we goto dungeons.

If there was a large group of PVPers to fight, we would never leave the no cut as all we want is PVP(why do you think we are faction reds, we want the most PVP possible).

You seem really #affected Killike, try to be less emotional when posting.

p.s.

To stay on topic, I think it sucks that thieves have restrictions on them(safe zones for trades etc) but i can also see how someone might quit if they got a 5m relic stolen from them in town.

Tylerium

Apprentice
I used to back in the day have another thief do a random steal on my empty pack once I stole an item. The 2 thieve were in same guild so there was no flag. It was a nice handoff.

There are a lot of blessed items nowadays and its not really lucrative to be a thief these days.

I used to do something similar on UOG: uoforever back in the day. I would have two characters open, one would steal and the other would loot after I got guardwhacked. On UOF though, it seems that guardwhack = automatic item return.

Also, you'd be surprised how many slayer weapons, skill scrolls, treasure maps, and commodity deeds I've stolen. :p

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Amazes me how the people in favor of the no cut zone are often the loudest in the anti tram group... Yet somehow can't understand how fucking tram the no cut is.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It's no more tram than pet balls and safe bank zones and crafting zones and CBDs.

All of these things are examples of pragmatically looking at what will foster 'fun' (pvm, pvp, etc) without removing too much risk (tram).

So yeah, reds can pvp in the no-cut without worrying about being statted (as long as they don't die on steps or end up outside of the zone), but they can still lose all their loot if they die. And

Sure there is some degree of 'tram' to it, but nothing even remotely like the litany of idiotic ideas put forth to counter pks (limit reds entering dungeons, scale damage if more than X people casting, etc etc).

Also @Budcookie : EIGHT ONE SIX SUPREMACY, MO>KS

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I used to do something similar on UOG: uoforever back in the day. I would have two characters open, one would steal and the other would loot after I got guardwhacked. On UOF though, it seems that guardwhack = automatic item return.

I thinks it's death, period, returns the item. It's a really lame mechanic IMO.

SpyderBite

Expert
Regarding the OP... none of what you pointed out is a bug or an exploit. In 18 years one thing should be clear to any UO vet. If you win it was talent.. if you lose it was an exploit.

Tylerium

Apprentice
I thinks it's death, period, returns the item. It's a really lame mechanic IMO.

It is really just any death? I haven't noticed because I usually quick bank before my target even attacks me. Guard whacked makes sense because it's like the guard is giving you back your stolen item.

Tylerium

Apprentice
Regarding the OP... none of what you pointed out is a bug or an exploit. In 18 years one thing should be clear to any UO vet. If you win it was talent.. if you lose it was an exploit.

Yeah people are always gonna whine when they lose. :p That's why I wrote "bug" in quotes. One guy even said he was paging a GM so they can get this exploit fixed right away (running into safezone after stealing). And that Shane was gonna fix it as soon as he logged on. :rolleyes:

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
It is really just any death? I haven't noticed because I usually quick bank before my target even attacks me. Guard whacked makes sense because it's like the guard is giving you back your stolen item.

I'm not sure honestly, but I think death within a certain timeframe returns the item if it's still in your pack. Worth testing.

Budcookie

Grandmaster
I thought a one time tou couldn'tbank if you went grey. Disarm thief is still a fun twmplate in dungeonsm

Budcookie

Grandmaster
Ah, i wasnt sure how it worked I get guard whacked every time I try to steal in town. My thieving is limited to dungeons.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Yeah people are always gonna whine when they lose. :p That's why I wrote "bug" in quotes. One guy even said he was paging a GM so they can get this exploit fixed right away (running into safezone after stealing). And that Shane was gonna fix it as soon as he logged on. :rolleyes:

Don't ya just love people like this who insist on reporting everything? I mean, not only has Britain bank become completely safe they STILL ask for more to be implemented to make it even safer. I tell ya, I have never in all my years of being alive, come across such a bunch of moany ass players, what the hell is wrong with you? I am sure it is about time to grow some hair around those bits that one day may help provide you with children *for the sake of humanity I hope you think about that very carefully*. ****Directed to those Moan, groan, PWN, people**

I have had the same though with my new thief build, the build itself completely goes against everything I believe when it comes to stealing as I am programmed with hiding and stealth in mind, this build does away with hiding and stealth. So, I am moping around Brit bank, trying to get to grips with new key binds, getting my head around the fact that I can not hide any more, when I decide to test my metal against a player who was sitting there with all the issues of the world on his shoulders *I did not know this at the time*. To cut a long story short, I tested the stealing ability out on a few reagents in his pack expecting for that magical glow to split through time and space and have a halberd penetrating deep into next year, AKA a guard wack. Somehow, I stole the very small amounts of reagents without being noticed and the mark decided it was time to put me into the ground without a tombstone. So, being new to the build, I ran around a bit, a bit like Benny Hill, with the added annoyance of forgetting I could not hide, pressing the wrong hot key to heal and generally screwing up as much as anyone could.

Suddenly he stopped and started screaming and shouting about how I keep running away, how thieves are utter trash, that I should get a new build and stop being a newb blah blah blah blah blah.. Of course, I was a little taken back by his outburst and wondered how someone can be so incredibly annoyed about something so innocent. I dropped the regs on the floor to which he shouted "I don't need those reagents, I have a bank full you %£&%ing newb" then emptied his pack of all the other reagents onto the ground. Meanwhile, a player with the mindset of 'Free Stuff' leapt into action and hoovered up the freebies on the floor, while I sat there with a giant question mark over my head.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
This shard caters to trammies and new players... the sooner you accept that the sooner you can start finding your niche on UOF. It is weird for most of us who have played other shards(where griefing, killing, etc are expected) but it does tend itself to having a larger and more diverse playerbase, fbofw.

Budcookie

Grandmaster
This shard caters to trammies and new players... the sooner you accept that the sooner you can start finding your niche on UOF. It is weird for most of us who have played other shards(where griefing, killing, etc are expected) but it does tend itself to having a larger and more diverse playerbase, fbofw.
The player base was fine before you came here. If diversity is what you want stop running off the pvm population. Btw, what does any of this have to do with being a thief, they started messing with that long before the eqms zerg arrived.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
If this shard didnt cater to trammies and new players then thieving rules would be different -- i.e. you wouldnt get an item back after you got it stolen ever.

How do you figure EQMS is running off the PVM population? You can make the claim that we are too dominant in factions(sorry other guilds couldnt hang) but we have never focused on killing PVMers unless there are no PVP groups to fight. Railing bards 5v1 isnt my idea of fun but its better than being bored or logging off to play LoL.

The Gandin

Grandmaster
The player base was fine before you came here. If diversity is what you want stop running off the pvm population.

Yeah, cause EQMS solely only has ever done what you are claiming. There's been countless huge zerg guilds before EQMS arrived that targeted and killed PVM players.

halygon

Grandmaster
Don't ya just love people like this who insist on reporting everything? I mean, not only has Britain bank become completely safe they STILL ask for more to be implemented to make it even safer.
You know I hear it is not as safe as it looks. Some say that only thievery is restricted but not murders. I have also heard that grey bones are freely lootable by all.