The Meta Dexxer's Lounge and Beard Bar

Zoobler

Grandmaster
I have a friend starting a tali now....I leveled prior to the change but how does the xp work now? Damage done or mob xp? I take it agro is a nonfactor now?

Krayzed

Apprentice
Whats the best way to get 100 armor? Or close to? Im usually getting 68 with full plate and heater.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

full plate invuln and a heater shield should get you to 130 AR i believe. if you can find Indestructable/Invuln you wont have to head back to repair as often as the durability is significantly higher and made even higher with Fortifying Dust.

Krayzed

Apprentice
Thanks. One more question whats the best way to finish off this meta quest? Get a bunch of people and go after the daemon together or am i required to attempt this alone?

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Just do any tiny amount damage on the demon and than hide somewhere out of the way (but still in the room) til its dead. You'll get the vial.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
full plate invuln and a heater shield should get you to 130 AR i believe. if you can find Indestructable/Invuln you wont have to head back to repair as often as the durability is significantly higher and made even higher with Fortifying Dust.

I have one set of indestructable/invuln plate (sans the heater shield) on my Booty Island vendor for 75k.

Lothar

Expert
Thanks. One more question whats the best way to finish off this meta quest? Get a bunch of people and go after the daemon together or am i required to attempt this alone?

If you're talking about the Arch-Daemon (Wrong level 3), @Li Meiyang is correct. You only need to do 1 point of damage to get your blood vial to add to the Talisman. You can even die before you kill it, so long as you get that 1 point of damage, you pass this part of the quest.

If you're talking about killing 100 Evil Monsters however before killing the Arch Daemon, which regular daemons count as Evil Monsters (so do Liches, Dragons, Titans, etc.).... then you need to do majority of the damage I'm pretty sure to get credit for the kill to tally your 100. I had originally gone after Evil Mages thinking Red Monsters was what evil monsters was. That didn't work. I did primarily Daemons to get my 100 kills. I also have been using Daemons primarily to level my Talisman.

P.S. - As anyone can tell you in this thread, the hardest part is not getting the Talisman. That's easy... it's leveling it. Be prepared to spend hundreds of hours leveling it. In this instance, working with people is best. Get a tamer friend or a bard friend so you're not the meat shield and just crush monsters with a slayer. Best way to level. FYI - each level's experience gets progressively harder. I think lvl 1 was like 12k experience. But time you're at level 8 or so you'll be closer to 100k experience per level. So the grind is real....

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
I found myself leveling my talisman MUCH faster once I started using low AC leather slayer armor and wailing on high end mobs with a lot of hit points.

It was slow as molasses months, then I took the new approach and I started gaining significantly faster . It the past month I got up from level 5 to 8 (and over halfway to 9) using this method.

Infected levels slowly. Double-strike levels fast. I got infected months before I got doublestrike, and they are both about the same exp now.

Spatchel

Master
My advice, and I went from 7-10 doing this, grab a newbie ele/exorcism slayer set (gloves/chest). Grab yourself and ele ban and exorcism slayer weapon, and kill all Ice Fiends/Snow Eles/iceEles you can find. I made millions and got awesome exp.

Jongi09

Master
I was just responding to the comment above about the use of the two newby items. Thought a retired dexxer trainer might have some kicking about!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Lothar

Expert
Only thing that would be a newbie item that you could add an armor patch to is the cloak. Head gear is factuons, torso us vet reward as @Fattson mentioned. Just make a new toon and get the cloak yourself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk