The Meta Dexxer's Lounge and Beard Bar

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
A
OK I have just been turning in crystals as I get them. Hoping as long as it spawns within the time frame that they would have decayed I'd get credit for a relic chance. My zerk is feeling a little weak not having any relics to go with the tally. Still only halfway through lvl 1. So far I think I am gaining faster against dragons and drakes with some 40ish AR compared to naked mowing down earth eles and orcs with a slayer. I haven't collected enough glowing runes to make a slayer armor piece that I want.
Once you have turned them in there is no decay period - your chance at a relic is fixed until it spawns and is killed.

You can get glowing runes more frequently from all types of gargoyles - double bonus as there are plenty of these in hythloth. Shop bought leather with slayer runes is best for training berserker as it is only a 12% xp reduction.

I did lvl 7 - 10 on dragons almost exclusively. Great xp gain if you can single them out - not sure how good the gain rate per hour would be now with all the reds about due to motm.

You still get a noticeable damage increase per level of the talisman regardless of relics. IMO ditch the armor and grab a cheap slayer wep and kill smaller stuff - you are losing 40% xp with 40 armor.

Daemons give good xp gains and die quite fast - a good number of spaced out spawns too.

elfyburk

Expert
I tend to do deamons and deep earth elementals - just recalling between all the spots carrying 2 slayer weps.

Anyone have any experience with undead, such as liches/LL using a silver wep in terms of gains? @Fattson ?

Kilike

Grandmaster
For hythloth and fafnir boss relics are only given it based on crystals turned in. They go directly to the bank of one of the people that turned in a crystal 25% of the time. You could do 100% of the damage and you will get a scroll but no relic.
Wait really? Relics only drop from the turn in? That doesn't sound right.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ariakan99

Grandmaster

It is designed to give everyone who contributed a chance. Otherwise larger guilds would just save a few crystals and spawn the boss at will - or raid every time.

Kilike

Grandmaster
It is designed to give everyone who contributed a chance. Otherwise larger guilds would just save a few crystals and spawn the boss at will - or raid every time.
I still dont think it's right. Could of swore it could drop relics as well, besides the turn in chance. Otherwise they're not really worth doing.

Young Star

Grandmaster

It doesn't give it to you until the boss is dead. That is when a guildy got a message that a relic was placed in his bank box the other day when Fafnir died. We were there fighting it so I assumed it was from the boss points lottery. Sounds like that is just to see who gets the power scroll. Good to know I at least have a chance for a relic if I contributed some crystals.

Kilike

Grandmaster
No. I know that. I know if you sdd crystals it can be banked, but I'm pretty sure the bosses have a chance to drop relics too

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
No. I know that. I know if you sdd crystals it can be banked, but I'm pretty sure the bosses have a chance to drop relics too

I have heard of nobody that has got a relic direct from either boss. My guild has killed well over 50 - many solo and never got a relic.

Bosses are also only the new relics - no chance if a tamer relic.

Each boss drops unique items - armor pieces and stuffed head from fafnir along with a powerscroll and dragons bane title. Hythloth boss drops ps and a title scroll that I have seen - I am sure there must be others but they have not been seen if anyone has them.

Relic drops from the turn in are a good idea IMO as they allow everyone a chance - not just those who can be online when a boss is spawned. Adding relics to the boss also would be too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fattson

Grandmaster
I tend to do deamons and deep earth elementals - just recalling between all the spots carrying 2 slayer weps.

Anyone have any experience with undead, such as liches/LL using a silver wep in terms of gains? @Fattson ?

I found that the less I paid attention, the faster I gained xp! Just farm as a normal dexxer for the first few levels. Until you hit level four or five. Then you can start on dragons and other heavy hitters.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Was considering going with alchy on my LJ to help on the pvp side. Would that template look like this?
Sword
Anat
Tact
LJ
Heal
Mage and/or resist
Alchy

Not sure I want to go without magery having the extra option for cures and heals. Hoping magic reflect could make up for no resist on high magery mobs and field fights.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
I do. I go down on hookers.

Just kidding you should see some of the streetwalkers in the MOV. Straight FUCKIN NASTY.

Kinda like those Doritos.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Was considering going with alchy on my LJ to help on the pvp side. Would that template look like this?
Sword
Anat
Tact
LJ
Heal
Mage and/or resist
Alchy

Not sure I want to go without magery having the extra option for cures and heals. Hoping magic reflect could make up for no resist on high magery mobs and field fights.

Need more info. @TheFallen @Ariakan99