Taming and a balance!

So, we all hear, "taming is overpowered" well though we agree everyone is working a tamer, My suggestion is multiple fold.
First off, make some of the high end monsters weeker. I know i know, Its already easy a tamer or bard can solo them as is! well hear me out!!!
Second, make PETS weeker!!!! honestly drop there hp/damage in HALF would make it about fair for the monsters+the loot,
While you're at it, Make Provocation fail more, Slightly increase fail % for non paragons, mid to upper tears, leave some of the really hard ones (balrons) the same.
third and most important, Make the taming skill easier to raise. how? well. make it when your pet KILLS a Hostile creature ( I.E zombies) Then there is a Slight chance that skill will go up!

These 3 things together will balance PVM some so that tamers are still viable ( can possible solos most things) but will need to work as with a group. Make a Dexxer or other melee guy be able to stand toe to toe with some of the stronger monsters and will overall balance some of the PVM issues we see currently.
So feed back?

bane

Master
My only PvM character is a 7x Bard/Tamer/Vet and I support this. I am all for diversity. High end content requiring a small group (3-5) is a good thing.

andomin

Master
That's a lot of work to do just to make provo fail more and make it easier for people to raise taming. Would be a slap in the face to everyone who GM'd it, honestly.

asics

Grandmaster
We really need slayer armor crafted easy..like slayer wep... No 120skill.. No legendary hammer.. We have to use.. To farm..to lost to pk or a crash.. Like a slaywr bow or a vanq.. If not like that no one will use... Maybe if u wanna keep rare them maybe just make the chest.. Body.. But i still think not so many player will craft-use.. If we wanna see a swordman fight in dungeons..lets add easy them... Could be a nice thimg for pvp... Pk will find someone with a loot and possible defense..instead bards :)

asics

Grandmaster
Maybe to make some.. Dungeon/spot/rda not for tamer just add a lot of knight mob with super dragon/animal slayer but normal damage to human and a loy of armor? Or some place where pets can follow and cany be summoed? No hate at all fo tamers (im getting gm in few days) :) but..just diversification pls!!

Harken110

Expert
Maybe to make some.. Dungeon/spot/rda not for tamer just add a lot of knight mob with super dragon/animal slayer but normal damage to human and a loy of armor? Or some place where pets can follow and cany be summoed? No hate at all fo tamers (im getting gm in few days) :) but..just diversification pls!!

Still won't top a tamer? I mean if you have a tamer and a warrior pve template you're still better off using the tamer for gold.

Harken110

Expert
Gedron, the expansion has been out for a week or 2 and i haven't seen ANY slayer armor. On that, to get the stuff you HAVE to be a tamer anyways...

So about they make adjustments to acquiring the gear first before doing the changes you suggested? In fact all those changes will require a lot of adjustments, a lot more than just making the crafting adjustments for slayer armor.

Gedron

Master
Gedron, the expansion has been out for a week or 2 and i haven't seen ANY slayer armor. On that, to get the stuff you HAVE to be a tamer anyways...

Give it time. These things don't happen overnight. Furthermore, a dexxer should NEVER come close to the earning potential of a tamer... EVER.

I don't think any build should have exclusive areas and I don't believe any do currently. I can farm ancient shards and I don't have a tamer. In the great words of Doyle Brunson, When luck shuts the door, you have to come in through the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K A Z

Grandmaster
dont u ever touch stuff like that. Not going to work out good for the community. PVM in UO is supposed to be dull and unentertaining for the most part. That's why we call it FARMING.

Nathaniell

Novice
The thing about UO is the options that are available to the player - that is it's Magic.

You can say Barders/Tamers are overpowered - but this is preference.

Do you think you should be able to stand and swing a sword at a fire breathing dragon? If so go play Skyrim (Meh, It's a good game and Has This feature)

Dragons are ment to be dealt with within a group. If you can play music and make them fight each other, fair enough. But it is pain-stackingly Long.

Leaving you open to all sorts of "risks" as it is a "Risk for reward" game. But even so - if you take the risk to tame dragons, or other fighting creature then you can use them. but a group of 2-3 archers, or 1-2 warrios could easily be as powerful as 1 tamer.

aslong as you know how to play. But like i said its PREFERENCE and OPTION. You choose how you play, If your not very good at that, Choose a different way.

berticus

Grandmaster
Not sure how affordable it'll be to use. Requires 120 mine tinker bs to get around to making it, a bunch of mats... Could easily be another month. Neat idea tho

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Raising taming is a tedium all tamers know far too well.
Hence reaping the rewards afterwards.
Does a tamer make obscenely more than an afk macro'd provo template? Not really.

Tetravus

Apprentice
I think it is fine as it is.

Also what would you do to make this fair for the people who worked really hard to get taming up?

PS. It is spelled Weaker*