Tamer Talisman!

K A Z

Grandmaster
What exactly did you take as insulting, the fact that I called you out for only posting here in order to back up Bromista? If you take that as an insult, what exactly does that say about Bromista?? lol!

1. So you're saying that because there are 5 currencies, having 2 more will automatically render the new ones 'worthless'? Why do you think so??

2. Name them.

3. It helps them keep playing because they are happy to have better control over their pet. It also opens the door for them to start earning the new currencies themselves.

Come back when you actually have a drawback, if you can even find one.

It's worthless to even comment on Tamer threads. I wonder how I could have possibly forgotten that. They have their agenda and anyone who does not agree to them is called a "neysayer", and is accused of being a source of negativity. The Tamer community on this Shard is beyond ridiculous.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Agreed. When will these people come to understand that the community is what you (we all) make it.

De-railing and insults are all too common in this section of the forums. I wish more members of this community would wash their hands of the players responsible for these types of actions and make it known that we will not tolerate it, without always relying on moderators to step in.

I hope everyone realizes that players who continue to enrich the experience of these deadbeat forum users are only enabling them to continue their tirades here. Anyone who supports these players is equally as bad for the community as they are.

Bromista

Grandmaster
The same can be said for your precious PvP threads.

You dabble in PvM. I dabble in PvP. But here we are in this deadlock of you stay out of my business while I continually put my nose in yours.

Again, we can stop putting on airs and take the suggestions for what they are. OR we can be constitutionally incapable of doing that. Your choice.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Agreed. When will these people come to understand that the community is what you (we all) make it.

De-railing and insults are all too common in this section of the forums. I wish more members of this community would wash their hands of the players responsible for these types of actions and make it known that we will not tolerate it, without always relying on moderators to step in.

I hope everyone realizes that players who continue to enrich the experience of these deadbeat forum users are only enabling them to continue their tirades here. Anyone who supports these players is equally as bad for the community as they are.
You. Are. The. Enabler.

Such a hypocrite. Holy crap.

I'm not much better. I have you clowns on ignore yet I hit the "show ignored content" button eeeeeeevery time. Why do I do it?

Why?

TheFallen

Grandmaster

And this is constructive on the 5th page of a tamer suggestion post how? By all means make this post if you like but maybe get off that high horse if all your going to do is preach this stuff where no one will read it. If this is how you feel make this post in R&F and defend it. But to be honest if you have any desire to put a stop to it you are best to just ignore it. Which I'm now wishing I had done since I take your post as nothing more than a cry for attention as well. Oh well its written now so here ya go.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
You dabble in PvM. I dabble in PvP.

Boy I am a PvM GOD do you hear me?? You aint got nothing on me when it comes to PvM, in fact the ONLY reason you think you're so good at it is because you apparently are good at enduring lengthy periods of sheer boredom, like the factory worker you are.

That said there is no aspect of Ultima that I merely 'dabble' in. I have mastered every possible playstyle in this game and then some. So drop the 'high horse PvMer in the house' act, to me it's simply ridiculous.

Drawbacks to the meta pet system as a whole? :

Certain users feel it's 'OK' to de-rail because they are all powerful tamers rawr.

give me a break lol

Bromista

Grandmaster
The only time I ever saw Hanesboi PvMing he was on a dexer abusing a z-axis exploit on marble island. One time. Only once. Ever.

Here's how to PvM like Haney-bo-baney:

A. Lure the dragon slayers to the basement of the east building with the defunct t2a passage so that you have only the wyrm spawn.

B. Grab an alt character to get the aggro of the wyrm while inside the temple.

C. Recall your alt to the roof of the building (you need roof access of the nearby houses to be able to teleport to the roof of the temple)

D. Walk on the tile directly above the wyrm. The wyrm will go stupid and not attack anything that attacks it for 60 seconds.

E. Use a dexer with dragon slayer or reptilian death or whatever to kill the wyrm before it breaks its spell of stupidity.

Yeah, Hanes. You really mastered PvM. Let's all listen to what he has to say about tamers.

You're a joke. But nobody's laughing.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Lol @ bromo bussin out the tattle-talk earlier than ever. Bravo.
Talk about the joke but nobody's laughing, that's basically your MO isn't it??
And the Z axis bug is merely one trick in my endless bag of PvM knowledge, don't kid yourself.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Tattle talk?

I'm calling you out for building yourself up to be something you are not.

Take it however you like, you have no dog in this fight bruh.

Let me guess, you also have fighting spawn on an incline and using doors to keep balrons from aggroing on you?

GG

Bromista

Grandmaster
Sorry for all this garbo @bradley- , but somebody has to take out the trash.

Can we get back on topic and get some input from people who actually play the mechanics in question here?

bradley-

Grandmaster
I think I'm going to brainstorm a few more ideas and make a new post... I'm sure this one is either going to be deleted or moved to the Rants & Flames section..

*sigh*

wreckognize

Grandmaster
What might be a good idea is to have 3 Character bound Talismans. One for 10% bonus control, one for 20% bonus control, and one for 30% bonus control.

The first Talisman will be able to be purchased via Dono vendor AND Sink vendor.

The second Talisman is only able to be purchased off of a special vendor that will need to be added that uses a secondary currency which drops off of mobs ONLY if you are equipped with the 1st Talisman, and also in place of gold. So there is a gold drop reduction and added is a special currency. This special currency is able to purchase the 2nd talisman, and possibly a line of Taming related titles.

Same idea basically for the 3rd Talisman, another vendor with another different type of currency, etc etc. This basically creates game diversity, while controlling the gold per hour and also giving endgame players goals/privileges that wont effect the economy. I think farming endless amounts of gold is the kind of boring circumstance we DONT want players to feel they need to do, by adding new currencies and adding that diversity we alleviate this boredom and give endgame players new goals besides gold, while still making gold similar to other templates.

I'd like to further onto this idea that the two new currencies/endgame tamer vendors should be fairly expensive, and a wide variety of items. This will make the coins valuable and also make it so that players are less likely to want to sell them, instead of using them for items they also desire.

I was thinking they could be called like Wyvern coins and Dragon coins or something??

K A Z

Grandmaster
I'd like to further onto this idea that the two new currencies/endgame tamer vendors should be fairly expensive, and a wide variety of items. This will make the coins valuable and also make it so that players are less likely to want to sell them, instead of using them for items they also desire.

Why are you still arguing with those fools? It's pretty obvious that they're too ignorant, and lack knowledge about this game.It's a shame, but I guess it is what it is, eh?

Bromista

Grandmaster
I don't think he knows what he is saying tbh.

New currency is certainly not the answer when we have current currency falling by the wayside.

Crafters got a quest. Dexers got a quest. Tamers already had new content, but furthering new content in that area would definitely be best handled by a quest. I think tamers would be more interested in something along the lines of what Bradley has suggested.

Or just fixing the control outright, that would be nice too.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
@K A Z well you're probably right. I didn't want to steal Bradley's thunder.. lord knows he is probably working on a new suggestion in relation to these ideas, but any more discussion about it in this thread probably does look like arguing at this point even if it's just further development.

It's funny how @Bromista willingly admits that he can't pvp. It's because he basically slides through doing the minimum instead of setting up simple hotkeys and practicing. It must be boring hitting one or two keys and watching damage bars go down lord knows it's not my playstyle, but it certainly doesn't constitute his bigshot PVMer attitude or this latest power trippin all over bradleys and everyone elses suggestion, poorly formatted or not.

Maybe what gets him through the boring PvM is being chased around by all the real mens, after all that's what most bitches want in life, isn't it? ;)

Needless to say I will be posting a new suggestion for this if braddey doesn't lay one down soon, and I look forward to seeing this thread moved to rants so that we can explore the mentality of Bromo and his traveling circus while it manifests into personal attacks and slander.