So... ya... Booty Island?

Status
Not open for further replies.

halygon

Grandmaster
Its in, but its a young player quest, or it was I haven't been able to go in the young player dungeon for a while, so they may have removed it.
It's a young player only quest. There was a hand out of the ring and candle to all players and from then on if you did not get the handout, you can purchase them from the gold sink vendor pretty cheap.

disagree, the boat update sucks ass
I disagree with you. While I am not the ship/boating type, I have played around with the addition and it's pretty sweet. It just takes a person to like that type of stuff to enjoy it. Obviously that's not you.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Honestly the thing that disturbs me the most is how quiet staff has been since the new year. Booty Island was a major flop, millions of suggestions have been put in for various things the player base would like to see, and not one "That's cool. Let's work on that.". Or at least not publicly? This reminds me of the time of the transfer between Origin and EA...

Kilike

Grandmaster
Honestly the thing that disturbs me the most is how quiet staff has been since the new year. Booty Island was a major flop, millions of suggestions have been put in for various things the player base would like to see, and not one "That's cool. Let's work on that.". Or at least not publicly? This reminds me of the time of the transfer between Origin and EA...
Agreed. The only thing I've heard thus far was @JoeB asking about ideas for bod rewards. My Suggestion thread has been pretty well received among people I've talked too. Sad Staff hasn't anything other than Eppy saying Ping pong. As is your ideas. I wish they'd start talking to us again. I'm sure they're working on something... They have to be right?

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
It's not about research and development out there man. Cause then you're fighting against WOW and any other game that uses their content. There's no real SEERS here. There no real thought out EVENTS that are not just hack n slash get a relic or rare?

When Paws was at it's prime we did so much with the content already here and still do. We didn't wait for staff to release a half thought event. We made our own. Trinsic does this now and gets the shaft by the shard by claiming they are favored. No they put in the work to make things happen with a community of people that flock there. Trinsic is run by the players. If any other towns could be the some real trade and ethics could be in place.

Kilike

Grandmaster
It's not about research and development out there man. Cause then you're fighting against WOW and any other game that uses their content. There's no real SEERS here. There no real thought out EVENTS that are not just hack n slash get a relic or rare?

When Paws was at it's prime we did so much with the content already here and still do. We didn't wait for staff to release a half thought event. We made our own. Trinsic does this now and gets the shaft by the shard by claiming they are favored. No they put in the work to make things happen with a community of people that flock there. Trinsic is run by the players. If any other towns could be the some real trade and ethics could be in place.
I dunno man. We all ask for a lot then ***** and moan about it anyways. Yes Booty Island was a MAJOR flop, Yes people wanted Cloth or sandals over relics on MotM since it began, but it's still added content that wasn't there. WP's, Meta's, MotM, CTF, King of the hill, The other mode I can't think of, Invasions, Event score, Zombieland(though I haven't seen one yet), paragons,champs,RDA's. There's a lot to do. YES things COULD be Better, YES staff could weigh in more and give us an idea if they're going to use any of our suggestions maybe even give some kind of idea of when we might see said things. Overall I don't think there's a lot of staff here, and I don't know which role each of them plays but let's be honest. We're all here over another shard for a reason.

TL;DR Staff needs to pick it up some, but we also need to be more patient.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
It's a young player only quest. There was a hand out of the ring and candle to all players and from then on if you did not get the handout, you can purchase them from the gold sink vendor pretty cheap.

I disagree with you. While I am not the ship/boating type, I have played around with the addition and it's pretty sweet. It just takes a person to like that type of stuff to enjoy it. Obviously that's not you.
Nah the reason is the inability for me to boat pets the way I used to. Maybe it is just he boats I have or something but do they all not have walkable planks anymore?

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
May I become a villain or already one to staff for saying any of this. It's a question of really "Where are you and what is going on?". This shard did well in my eyes when the dialog WAS here. That's what this game is about and was about and still is (with Richards new project) about community and dialog. Sure this is UOF, but what lured me here was that dialog.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
This is extra content which is probably low on the list of priorities for staff. Keep in mind they have to keep 1000+ people constantly happy and individually respond to people and help them out. There's different communities of players constantly clamouring for different changes and a lot of differing viewpoints to sift through and analyse. Even changes that people might think are obvious are only really apparent if you play a certain niche playstyle. The first priority should be the health of the shard and making sure everything is running smoothly before more content gets added and old content gets improved. With the limited amount of staff and recent problems with servers and whatnot it's not surprising that this has taken a while. I don't know how much staff make from donations but it's probably not enough to make this a full time job, so they might have other projects on the side that require their attention (I could be wrong about this).

Darkarna

Grandmaster
This is extra content which is probably low on the list of priorities for staff. Keep in mind they have to keep 1000+ people constantly happy and individually respond to people and help them out. There's different communities of players constantly clamouring for different changes and a lot of differing viewpoints to sift through and analyse. Even changes that people might think are obvious are only really apparent if you play a certain niche playstyle. The first priority should be the health of the shard and making sure everything is running smoothly before more content gets added and old content gets improved. With the limited amount of staff and recent problems with servers and whatnot it's not surprising that this has taken a while. I don't know how much staff make from donations but it's probably not enough to make this a full time job, so they might have other projects on the side that require their attention (I could be wrong about this).

The server has a pretty sizeable staff count now and this issue with Booty Island has been pretty much swept aside (how else can this be described without staff input?). The hype for it was legendary, the release will probably be known as a legendary flop, something which is pretty damned unhealthy for an already established server and patience is all well and good but there are limitations to said patience. So, do we remain silent about the whole parade or should there be valued discussion regarding the intense delays? Are there really delays? Is Booty Island finished already?

Without even a fart smelling rumour directed towards the future of Booty Island from the powers at be, the constant merry-go-round of what?When?Why?Which?Who? will continue to spin while people farm bulls and squirrels on the fabled land known as Booty Failand...

*Again, this is nowhere directed towards the designers, I can not stress that enough*

hubcap

Grandmaster
If you wanted mounts you should have stayed on uoforever.

the wide majority of the shard agrees....mountless booty island sucks.

shall we ALL go to uoforever?

that would make this place better, huh?

lets try, for once, to think of the whole.

no good reason to not allow mounts on booty isle.

Booty Island still has a shit-ton of potential.
I just wish player suggestions were acknowledged in some fashion.
Even if an idea sucks, we can all handle the honest reply. Tell us why. Share with us.
If this remains a two-way street this game could last decades.
PATIENCE, also, is needed from the player base.
People have lives and this is, after-all, a free game.

Lets FIX Booty.

(and vorpal bunnies.)

:D

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
the wide majority of the shard agrees....mountless booty island sucks.

shall we ALL go to uoforever?

that would make this place better, huh?

lets try, for once, to think of the whole.

no good reason to not allow mounts on booty isle.

Booty Island still has a shit-ton of potential.
I just wish player suggestions were acknowledged in some fashion.
Even if an idea sucks, we can all handle the honest reply. Tell us why. Share with us.
If this remains a two-way street this game could last decades.
PATIENCE, also, is needed from the player base.
People have lives and this is, after-all, a free game.

Lets FIX Booty.

(and vorpal bunnies.)

:D

Oh I completely agree. Just thought Id use the FATT logic.

halygon

Grandmaster
Thats kinda neat if you have those nets handy I guess.
It should also be mentioned that it is a chance to pull the pet on board. If the owner is not around the pet, then it will be a pretty good chance. The idea is to prevent someone from doing a drive by pet boating.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I'd love to see staff give their input on ideas too. Its obvious why they don't respond to insulting flames from Scallywag or other insignificant players. This thread was obviously the wrong approach to seek out staff input.

Adam already mentioned that he is working on a Sallos launcher for UOF. Now that is a substantial coding project. That is also a project that is much more pertinent to the shard as a whole since it affects the playability and more specifically the PvP of the shard.

The original poster should take solace in the fact that there are tons of implementations that he hasn't experienced yet. There are champs, RDA's, factions, dungeons, and a variety of other experiences to be had if Scallywag left guard zone on something besides a boat.

I can't wait to see what staff has in store for us but there's no need for them to respond to useless rants from useless players.

hubcap

Grandmaster
Oh I completely agree. Just thought Id use the FATT logic.
anything to contribute to the conversation at hand?
or just prefer childish trolling that no one pays any real attention to.

that brain housing group have enough processing power to produce an actual valid idea that might help the situation?
or did you buy it all in China and the switch is stuck on childish troll?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I don't mind the slow release on Booty Isle. Sofar what I've seen is the housing market there not being totally overblown price wise. This has enabled players who enjoy mountless to purchase homes there without having to pay over the top pricing. Eventually something will happen there that will make the island the ''go-to'' that devs promised, and so I can see things working out.

Bottom line here though is that people have lives in the summer time. So we're just going to have to wait. Not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.