Silent Nerf to Pet Summon Balls = Unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
So now, when I die and get myself to town.
I can't summon my own pet, with a $1.00 US dollar petball charge back to town, because its in a dungeon?

I was not anywhere near Destard champ area, this was in the middle of the main room.

If im paying ONE U.S. Dollar per charge, how are you going to make it so I can't even use it.

This change is unacceptable. Period.

If they petballs are going to ONLY FUNCTION to get pets out of houses/boats, you need to say that, and tell people...

The Silent Nerf is becoming way too commonplace here. One, after another...Over and over again.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Change petballs back to how they were two days ago, it was bad enough I couldn't use it then in certain areas, but now this 'blue mist' message is totally unacceptable.

@Shane
@eppy
@Adam

Unacceptable

Messremb

Grandmaster
pet balls shouldn't have location restrictions, thats just gay, you already made it more profitable to steal and trap pets, and added a huge amount of grief to tamers when they die as their pets lose stats that cost 50k+ to raise. why make it so they cant ball their pets?

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Same thing happened to me the other day .

Was kinda confused so I think theres a need to specify the places/rules where we are unable to summon pets etc

Keep it cool buddy !

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
Changes like this, and really overall need to be done ONCE a month, and be listed on a monthly patch log for people to read.
These spur of the moment nerfs/silent nerfs have got to stop.

The only reason for changing anything overnight would be a severe exploit of some kind.

There is absolutely no justification to change this in the first place, let alone a stealth nerf.

I don't know another word other an... UNACCEPTABLE.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
While were on the subject.

Stealth nerfs aside...

When staff makes an update, (should be monthly not whenever they feel like it).
It needs to run on test center for a bit before its implemented.

I can't even begin to list the changes that were just added as they see fit, without being tested...
Adding things whenever you feel like it, without telling the community just starts a fire (like this) that isn't even necessary.

Like Vfinger said, just TELL US before you do things.
Make a monthly patch list and do it all in one night after having said changes on the test center for at least a week.

PLEASE stop making small changes and additions whenever the mood strikes you.
Make a list.
Run all changes on test for one week.
Implement changes at the beginning of each month.

I really feel like this should be the way it is without me having to ask for it.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
I understand the reasoning as pets can't be stolen from dungeons but for fucks sake a 30 second break to post an update to let us know about the change saves endless threads of complaints... It's been more than two years this should be second nature at this point.

Settle down guys. The devs are constantly programming, patching, promoting and fending off ddos attacks. It's a lot and updating every tweak would add a ton to that workload.

lol

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
While were on the subject.

PLEASE stop making small changes and additions whenever the mood strikes you.
Make a list.
Run all changes on test for one week.
Implement changes at the beginning of each month.

The main issue here. I can't stress it more.
Sorry for quoting my own post.

So now, when I die and get myself to town.
I can't summon my own pet, with a $1.00 US dollar petball charge back to town, because its in a dungeon?

I was not anywhere near Destard champ area, this was in the middle of the main room.

If im paying ONE U.S. Dollar per charge, how are you going to make it so I can't even use it.

This change is unacceptable. Period.

If they petballs are going to ONLY FUNCTION to get pets out of houses/boats, you need to say that, and tell people...

The Silent Nerf is becoming way too commonplace here. One, after another...Over and over again.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Change petballs back to how they were two days ago, it was bad enough I couldn't use it then in certain areas, but now this 'blue mist' message is totally unacceptable.

@Shane
@eppy
@Adam

Unacceptable

stop being cheap

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
lol what?
Nothing has been changed with summoning balls.

If something isn't working right it could be a bug.
Way to fly off the bloody handle about it though and tell us how to run things, that always results in a good response......

This entire thread makes me shake my damn head and is exactly how stupid rumours get spread like this.
If for some random reason you cannot summon your pet, let us know, take screenshots of what comes up and we will look into it. Nothing has been changed, but perhaps a bug has surfaced.

Try to be a bit more civil and respectful, i personally don't even talk to any of my staff like you are talking to them here. What's truly unacceptable is that a couple of you guys think we'de put something like that in game as a "stealth nerf". I mean what would even be the point of making that change?.... To sell less of them and make them partially useless at the same time?.. Do you think we enjoy being yelled at when people get their pets stolen, so adding a nerf to make sure that happens more is a good thing? No... Like i said just think about it a bit because we use common sense. If something seems out of wack at random, it's most likely a bug. Really disheartening.

As for posting updates as we do them, i update the progressive patch notes once or twice a month with ALL changes within that month.
As for testing more before we implement things, we have tried many, many times to get people to test things but no one really is into it, it never pans out.

As for posting changes......
Here's the progressive patch notes link, and it has also been a link on the main navigation for over a month and some now and this goes back for a few months, it's EXACTLY what your wanting, and it's been in front of you the entire time.

http://uoforum.com/threads/ultima-online-forever-progressive-patch-notes.51701/

3f6ad6b27a5f581b13168c5299335a6a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.