Silent Nerf to Pet Summon Balls = Unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

exince

Grandmaster
lol what?
http://uoforum.com/threads/ultima-online-forever-progressive-patch-notes.51701/

3f6ad6b27a5f581b13168c5299335a6a.png

i really love the idea of the progressive patch notes. sadly, they have not been updated for over a month now. stuff like booty island and the changes to mage talisman relics (as examples) are missing.

i'm a developer myself and i know that documentation is always last priority. but i think in this case it would really help the community and yourself to see what was changed intended and what is probably a bug.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
i really love the idea of the progressive patch notes. sadly, they have not been updated for over a month now. stuff like booty island and the changes to mage talisman relics (as examples) are missing.

i'm a developer myself and i know that documentation is always last priority. but i think in this case it would really help the community and yourself to see what was changed intended and what is probably a bug.

As i stated i updated it once or twice a month.

It's due for an update here again right away. I will do this right away here.

We have never steered you guys wrong and there is a reason we are where we are and you are all here. I would like to think and hope that most of you have the confidence in us to keep this going and that we would not implement game breaking bugs, and nerf something so silly that doesn't even make sense.

You can see plain as day that we've been updating the progressive patch notes, we will work more on updating them more often for you guys.

This post just seems extremely demanding over something that hasn't even been altered, and could of been handled way differently.

We definitely are having some growing pains, we have a serious amount of players and more joining all the time.

My point is, i'd expect people to just be more civil and respectful about an issue they are having on a free to play game instead of flying off the handle....SPECIALLY when you are a veteran player and know how things are here.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
lol what?
Nothing has been changed with summoning balls.

If something isn't working right it could be a bug.
Way to fly off the bloody handle about it though and tell us how to run things, that always results in a good response......

This entire thread makes me shake my damn head and is exactly how stupid rumours get spread like this.
If for some random reason you cannot summon your pet, let us know, take screenshots of what comes up and we will look into it. Nothing has been changed, but perhaps a bug has surfaced.

Try to be a bit more civil and respectful, i personally don't even talk to any of my staff like you are talking to them here. What's truly unacceptable is that a couple of you guys think we'de put something like that in game as a "stealth nerf". I mean what would even be the point of making that change?.... To sell less of them and make them partially useless at the same time?.. Do you think we enjoy being yelled at when people get their pets stolen, so adding a nerf to make sure that happens more is a good thing? No... Like i said just think about it a bit because we use common sense. If something seems out of wack at random, it's most likely a bug. Really disheartening.

As for posting updates as we do them, i update the progressive patch notes once or twice a month with ALL changes within that month.
As for testing more before we implement things, we have tried many, many times to get people to test things but no one really is into it, it never pans out.

As for posting changes......
Here's the progressive patch notes link, and it has also been a link on the main navigation for over a month and some now and this goes back for a few months, it's EXACTLY what your wanting, and it's been in front of you the entire time.

http://uoforum.com/threads/ultima-online-forever-progressive-patch-notes.51701/

3f6ad6b27a5f581b13168c5299335a6a.png
Maybe you are un-aware of the changes that were made, then.
As of right now, if my pet is anywhere in Destard, I can't get him out with a petball.
the 'blue mist swirling' message is 100% new and I've not once seen it in the almost year straight I've been using pet balls.

Yes, I got mad. It lost me a few hours of work because I didn't know things had been changed. If I had been able to see the change somewhere, I could have easily avoided it.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
44iLKwL.jpg

This is the new message.
My pet is standing now in Shame dungeon no where near any champ activity.
I can't summon him to town now with my petball.

The change was made without you knowing, then.

And, again yes, I got mad. But things like this shouldn't even be messed with, since when is there any issue to even address with pet summon balls, and why were they tinkered with at all.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
pardon the update info that is on the UOF launcher and MOTD welcoming screen

these are here for us to look back 6 months ago and see what the updates were

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
Did it still suck up a charge when it wouldn't be summoned? :/

No you don't use a charge when blue message happens. I did however blow one accidentally testing it and hit the wrong ball, It will however summon a pet directly from the stable, which seems a little odd.

Jimmy

Master
Yeah I've had the stable summoning once too :/ Now I'm extra careful when trying to double click food in my pack :p

TheFallen

Grandmaster
As i stated i updated it once or twice a month.

It's due for an update here again right away. I will do this right away here.

We have never steered you guys wrong and there is a reason we are where we are and you are all here. I would like to think and hope that most of you have the confidence in us to keep this going and that we would not implement game breaking bugs, and nerf something so silly that doesn't even make sense.

You can see plain as day that we've been updating the progressive patch notes, we will work more on updating them more often for you guys.

This post just seems extremely demanding over something that hasn't even been altered, and could of been handled way differently.

We definitely are having some growing pains, we have a serious amount of players and more joining all the time.

My point is, i'd expect people to just be more civil and respectful about an issue they are having on a free to play game instead of flying off the handle....SPECIALLY when you are a veteran player and know how things are here.
Can we get the progressive patch notes moved to the top bar again please.

eppy

Grandmaster
No you don't use a charge when blue message happens. I did however blow one accidentally testing it and hit the wrong ball, It will however summon a pet directly from the stable, which seems a little odd.

As i tried to explain here is the code that generates this message:

if the pet is "logged out" and (the pet isnt stabled OR you dont have enough free follower count):
The Crystal Ball fills with a blue mist. Your pet is not responding to the summons.

That means if your pet is stabled and you try to summon it with not enough free follower count. Either that or the pet itself is stuck in unknown land and needs to be fixed.

Staff

Young Player Help
I've just searched the repo for a change to pet balls. There hasn't been an edit to the file that the pet ball is maintained in the year we have been in this repo.

There would also need to be a restart to implement this change. We haven't restarted since midday on the 29th and this is the first time I have heard someone bring up this problem. Were you experiencing it before this?

Last edited by a moderator:

kurtis

Grandmaster
Are we taking bets on what happened? My money is that OP jumped on ethereal mount before trying to summon and had to many followers. Judges?

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
Heh, some people should chill the fuck down before throwing accusations at the staff that provide all of this for us... for fucking FREE

Salsa

Grandmaster
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

IM ABOUT TO GO OFF THE FUCKING RAIL BECAUSE THIS UNBELIEVABLE, UNACCEPTABLE, OBVIOUS STAFF COLLUSION, AND MOST LIKELY PRESIDENT OBAMA IS INVOLVED.

@EnviousGL take it easy buddy. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.