Sallos fix list

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
Probably already known but [templates menu not fully functionnal?

on the same note, [faction menu is not fully usable on Sallos

Last edited by a moderator:

clutchxo

Grandmaster
Dont think you can create/delete characters in Sallos, maybe my version is outdated?

Whenever I want to make a new char, i have to log on steam.

This might be an odd one...

EVERY time i die in a dungeon, when i resurrect i get HEAVY client side lag. I'm talking 1 step, frozen for 5-10 seconds, one step, frozen 5-10 seconds... The odd part about this is that when it does happen, i can see everything else around me moving lag free. Everything else in the client seems to be working fine except my client side actions.

It feels like my client getting hung up on some sort of loop - it doesn't sound like the "memory" leak i've seen come up in google searches. If it was due to a memory leak, everything would be lagging, not just my character position.

Re-sync doesn't work, relogging doesn't work, completely closing sallos and re opening doesn't work. The only thing that fixes the issue is a complete system restart. The only thing that works is not dying lol (impossible for a nub like me).

If i can provide any log files or anything (do any exist?) let me know. It's quite frustrating. I've reinstalled Sallos and UO with no luck.

Wip3ou7

Neophyte
Can we get a fix for the status window? All the numbers are displaced and difficult to read and others do not display at all. Also being able ot set up/down/lock on stats would be nice. Thanks!

IzZaGod

Apprentice
I've been told that's already done and will be in the next update.

About the stealthing and having to wait for the timer thing, has it been updated and fixed yet? I just downloaded Sallos and the grapics are amazing but thats a deal breaker for my thief.. My guy has no defense so i try and break the line of site then dismount/hide and stealth away but if i can only walk 8 steps (since 80 stealth is all you really need) then have to wait it would make it very easy to be revealed. It's just my play style as a disarm/thief but i understand if it's not possible, just thought I'd throw that out there because im loveing them graphics =) but will have to stick with Razor if it can't be fixed =(

Blair

Master
About the stealthing and having to wait for the timer thing, has it been updated and fixed yet? I just downloaded Sallos and the grapics are amazing but thats a deal breaker for my thief.. My guy has no defense so i try and break the line of site then dismount/hide and stealth away but if i can only walk 8 steps (since 80 stealth is all you really need) then have to wait it would make it very easy to be revealed. It's just my play style as a disarm/thief but i understand if it's not possible, just thought I'd throw that out there because im loveing them graphics =) but will have to stick with Razor if it can't be fixed =(

Use '. cancelstealth' in the meantime.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
idk if this is relevant, but I'd like to see the barding 20 point skill glitch fixed. I've heard that if you train peace-keeping to 120, than unlearn it you can apply the extra 20 points somewhere else.

I can't say if this is true or not having never tested it myself, but if it is it should be fixed asap; it's an extra 20 points that should not exist.

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
I've been meaning to replace the cats with something else but time is precious these days lawl so I kept it as well for now

Lithium149

Grandmaster
Nah tbh I made the change just for the ebolt animation, but still my stat bar is fucked even with the mod I still can't seem to see the proper numbers showing your weight or gold count.

halygon

Grandmaster
idk if this is relevant, but I'd like to see the barding 20 point skill glitch fixed. I've heard that if you train peace-keeping to 120, than unlearn it you can apply the extra 20 points somewhere else.

I can't say if this is true or not having never tested it myself, but if it is it should be fixed asap; it's an extra 20 points that should not exist.
Pretty off topic here, but I'll give you an answer.

This is not specific to bard skills, its just most commonly done with peacemaking. Anytime you have used any powerscroll on a character, it increased the skill cap. The max this can push the skill cap is 20 points. Its not a glitch that this occurs, its part of the mechanics. I believe the original intent was to allow a character to be legendary in a skill without having to lose GM in other skills. Power users get to 120 skill in a cheap skill, then drop that skill and use the extra 20 points to help accomodate a uoforever (8 skill) character template. Its fairly costly, as even the cheapest skill will still cost you around 500k+ for the extra 20 points.

From what I have heard, this was left as a mechanic because it encourages diverse skill templates - which is good in an aging game such as UO.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Pretty off topic here, but I'll give you an answer.

This is not specific to bard skills, its just most commonly done with peacemaking. Anytime you have used any powerscroll on a character, it increased the skill cap. The max this can push the skill cap is 20 points. Its not a glitch that this occurs, its part of the mechanics. I believe the original intent was to allow a character to be legendary in a skill without having to lose GM in other skills. Power users get to 120 skill in a cheap skill, then drop that skill and use the extra 20 points to help accomodate a uoforever (8 skill) character template. Its fairly costly, as even the cheapest skill will still cost you around 500k+ for the extra 20 points.

From what I have heard, this was left as a mechanic because it encourages diverse skill templates - which is good in an aging game such as UO.

Fair enough; since I started dropping gold into this system I'd rather you didn't fix it anyways. :p