Rules regarding duel-clienting

Belge

Grandmaster
Rules regarding duel-clienting... I can't find any info on the website or forums in regards to whats acceptable when it comes to using both clients. I would like to know whats acceptable and whats not..

Cheers :)

K A Z

Grandmaster
Generally speaking: everything is allowed. Besides using some sort of a pvp/bot script with which your second char is basicly just running after you for more firepower. Its completly acceptable to PVM and PK at the same time, its also allowed to come back on your second account to rescue your head / give your oponent a spanking with them Dragons.

Belge

Grandmaster
so are you allowed to pvp with 2 chars, attack with one then hide, then come on 2nd and attack? not controlling both at the same time in any way. using no scripts or bots or 3rd party programs.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Why not ? Its not really giving you an advantage, does it? If you recall out and come back on a second char or log out in a house for that matter theres no difference, is there ?

Belge

Grandmaster
what about... if I'm fighting people with my tamer.. hide my tamer while dragons are attacking, come back on a alt while tamer char is hidden.. and start attacking with alt..? is that ok?

hehe sorry for all the questions, just wanna know whats acceptable :)

limlight

Grandmaster
Uh..either adam or shane said dual client pvp was bannable. Just a bit back. Most of what kaz describes is allowed. But the tamer switch to dexer thing was suppsedly not ok

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
How about triple client? LOL. ! runnin around lookin like bots...

Just saw honey boo boo auto following yang. Watching them pvp I can see why...

E: wait. So cool hand luke is 'a bull' from LOAD FOR WOO WOO fame. And hes honey and yang? Good thing he is protected from up on high I guess. Wow.

View attachment 1426

Last edited by a moderator:

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Why not ? Its not really giving you an advantage, does it? If you recall out and come back on a second char or log out in a house for that matter theres no difference, is there ?

big advantage , dump all ur mana on them, hide, pop out with hidden character do the same, seems op to me, like it shouldnt be allowed.

berticus

Grandmaster
Fun fights uma!
I was in game when a counselor warned a guy for combining pets with a second account aggro, only reason I warned. Possible he was wrong. Don't want anyone getting banned ever. Detracts from community

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

I think the problem comes when you have, say, an archer on auto follow running an attack nearest script while you lead them around on your mage.

Not meaning you as in YOU btw, never seen anything but good stuff from you.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I think the problem comes when you have, say, an archer on auto follow running an attack nearest script while you lead them around on your mage.

Not meaning you as in YOU btw, never seen anything but good stuff from you.

that's basicly it. Aslong as there are NO scripts or MACROS involved everything is just fine.. IMO. I've seen some incredible dual-clienting from flube and tbh it was the most amazing stuff I've actually ever seen in UO, LOL.

Tonycakes

Grandmaster
I like to fish on my 2nd account while I craft/farm on my tamer. Sometimes I will use both accounts to farm for the extra damage.

Kiki

Grandmaster
How about triple client? LOL. ! runnin around lookin like bots...

Just saw honey boo boo auto following yang. Watching them pvp I can see why...

E: wait. So cool hand luke is 'a bull' from LOAD FOR WOO WOO fame. And hes honey and yang? Good thing he is protected from up on high I guess. Wow.

View attachment 1426
Wow. "a bull" cheating and triple clienting? no WAY!!!!

Would love this looked into.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Wow. "a bull" cheating and triple clienting? no WAY!!!!

Would love this looked into.

Given his "my wife son and I play at the same time" line and the fact he's been banned like, 5 times already but is allowed to play and cheat with impunity, and threads about it get deleted....yeah, not gonna hold my breath lol