Remove all young status'

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
6 people in our guild paged in at the same time plus we used irc to tell the admins that there was a young in an rda, we told them their name and boom its done. If you see something being done thats against the rules, page, it'll be fixed :)

So now that you know those were actual Young players, still learning how to play the game, do you feel bad for condoning their being rezkilled over and over? Or is your quest to become as rich as I am too blinding to see that without young players enjoying the game, there will eventually be nobody to show off your egg to?

Because to be honest if the system wasn't broken so that you guys could track out an RDA in 5 minutes time then you wouldn't have been there to compete with them for the prize and it wouldn't have mattered if they were young or not. Really wasn't expecting anyone to roll in with 20 tamers within 10 minutes of the RDA even existing and almost being completed.

It's your greed that's the problem here, not the fact that young players were enjoying the game. That one guy is brand new to UO man just before you guys showed up he was saying how CAMO was his first guild ever.

Vorax

Grandmaster
So now that you know those were actual Young players, still learning how to play the game, do you feel bad for condoning their being rezkilled over and over? Or is your quest to become as rich as I am too blinding to see that without young players enjoying the game, there will eventually be nobody to show off your egg to?

Because to be honest if the system wasn't broken so that you guys could track out an RDA in 5 minutes time then you wouldn't have been there to compete with them for the prize and it wouldn't have mattered if they were young or not. It's your greed that's the problem here, not the fact that young players were enjoying the game. That one guy is brand new to UO man just before you guys showed up he was saying how CAMO was his first guild ever.
No I don't feel bad at all because I was the red there, the only reason I came back, was because my guild member said in teamspeak "These guys are attacking me again" and so I came back, and the only reason I kept rezkilling evil acid is because your guildy kept fucking stealthing out and shooting me lmao. Afaik @EvilAcid is not the young player in question here. I will apologize if me rezkilling evil over and over made your young feel abused.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
TLDR: there was an actual young player in an RDA who was mistaken for the countless people who exploit the system. Also butt hurt that people actively do the RDAs.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
that changed long long time ago

I could honestly protest it but clearly it's become a scene and so the developers have chosen to go against the nature of that system to embrace what it has become. In their haste however they have forgotten to take into account how it may conflict with other systems, like the Young system being allowed to enter champ zones and RDAs. It's sloppy and unfortunately some brand new players paid the price today.

Young Star

Grandmaster
TBH IRC seems more accessible to get in touch with staff. We don't have a GM in our guild, he is a counselor.

The RDA that you are reffering to Hanes I was at and we were extremely lucky to get the RDA moved that quickly. Usually we have to wait a long time. Eppy was actively talking on IRC at the time I think and we were able to get his attention. It doesn't take much for them to quickly move it and get back to answering more difficult pages.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Also sounds like if he was truely new and built up enough to run with your guild to help in an RDA he doesn't need to have a young tag anymore either. Being in your guild and getting help from your members will do way more to get them experience then staying in young status.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
Say it with me class, "i renounce my young player status". Then equip invul/vanq and do an RDA until your heart is content.

Dig'em

Grandmaster

Because to be honest if the system wasn't broken so that you guys could track out an RDA in 5 minutes time then you wouldn't have been there to compete with them for the prize and it wouldn't have mattered if they were young or not. Really wasn't expecting anyone to roll in with 20 tamers within 10 minutes of the RDA even existing and almost being completed.

It's your greed that's the problem here, not the fact that young players were enjoying the game. That one guy is brand new to UO man just before you guys showed up he was saying how CAMO was his first guild ever.
How is this system broke , they can spawn over the ENTIRE MAP, dungeons overworld, we have an incredibly organized method to tracking and the entire guild contributes, this is why we're so proficient at it. You are welcome to do the same

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Also butt hurt that people actively do the RDAs.

People shouldn't be able to actively seek out something random in the first place. The system is broken and being abused. If developers would spend a little more time bringing balance back to this system which Veterans like myself have been urging them to do for years now then this tragedy for Ultima as a whole would have never transpired.

Why doesn't it seem to make any difference when veterans are vocal about game balance issues? Why isn't the dev team taking the time to respond to these issues? It simply implies to me that they could care less about game balance and merely want their chance at the riches that other guilds were able to get years prior by abusing the RDA system using tracking.

JennaL

Expert
I removed that particular player's [Young] status this morning after receiving numerous pages and observing his participation during an RDA. Taking part in endgame content such as champ spawns, RDA's, pvp situations and tournaments as a Young player is illegal and Young privileges will be taken away.

Staff is currently looking at revamping some areas of our Young program to prevent these occurrences.

Status
Not open for further replies.