Remove all young status'

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
It's garbage, get rid of it. Big guilds already cheat to kingdom come using it, but if you bring an actual genuine young guildmember who only has one character and account into an rda you find, then young status (instantly???) removed.? Pardon if some of us groups are still small and don't have a guild full .of tamers that can run into the rda and clear it in 3 minutes flat. Like today.

I know ive commented .on .other young status before, so please just get rid of it so there isnt so much controversy and confusion.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
>Or just make sure this revamp is fucken perfect.

PS:nobody should have their own personal trammel bubble.

Swayze

Grandmaster
You are thinking only from the perspective from a veteran of the server and ultima online.

Thinking about it from the perspective of a brand new player of the server and/or game and it is a really good system. I feel the community as a whole has done a really good job enforcing people abusing their young status and it gets removed pretty quickly when a page comes in. As long as we patrol ourselves, I don't see an issue with the system currently. Can we make improvements? Absolutely. The staff has discussed improvements to the system so stay tuned!

Vorax

Grandmaster
@EvilAcid so the young wasn't with you guys? like 5 of us in werkt paged in about him

Edit: I didnt read full op post, but youngs aren't allwoed in champs zones/rda's. Just a rule...

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
So a guild full of dragon tamers (werkt) tracked the rda we were doing .on marble island, right as the boss popped up, killed it, killed us and even paged in on our ACTUAL new player who was helping us fight? Seems legit.

Again I did get an eqms member's y.oung tagged removed the .other day, so i get it, but .only because he admitted he was cheating while farming motm. And i really am all for young tags for actual new players. But seeing as how the big greedy guilds can't get enough and constantly cheat to win, and then page in on actual new players get fucked. the whole system seems ********. @Swayze

Vorax

Grandmaster
Youngs aren't allowed in rda's or champs, its been stressed so many times. You should have just told the dude it was against the rules.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Learned that today. Good j.ob .on tracking down the rda right as the boss popped up. You guys win.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
It's funny, I found the RDA right outside my buddies house, and was soloing it. I seen some activity on the guild chat so I sent a gate to their location so we could teach them about RDAs.

TBH I never knew youngs weren't allowed in RDAs. Didn't even know they were young until Evil pointed it out after the RDA. But to be honest if Werkt knew the guys were young then it's kinda sad that they stood at the healer rezkilling them like 20 times if they knew that. That's just the toxicity that I've mentioned is being bred into this community by poor game balance.

I know for some of you guys RDA's are serious business but lets be honest, the system is flawed in how groups like Werkt etc can stand around with 20 tamers waiting for them and actually find them, one way or another. It's a system that was designed so that couldn't happen but it seems to happen at every RDA i've ever stumbled into.

For example, there was an RDA that spawned in a funny spot in Despise once, you couldn't get to where it was. I tracked around and spent about 10-15 mins trying to figure out a way to get to it. But it was not possible. Nobody else was there and I left, and came back 5 mins later to find that the GMs moved the RDA so it could be accessed, and went inside to find werkt had the boss half dead already lol.

That means they had 5 mins to locate it, get it moved by gms to access it, enter it, clear all the shit mobs and get the boss to half health. Now that smells a little fishy doesnt it??

Anyways, the RDA system needs improvements as well, every change since the beginning has turned it into a giant zerg event which was never intended. Everything from tracking to the RDA tracking tools on the gold sink vendor do nothing but totally defeat the purpose of RDAs. It's just another glorified champ event now that we never needed.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Moreover, I really have to say that the Young player system we have is Trammel. People don't like it. @Swayze should be able to understand after what happened today that the HUGE downside to having the young player system is that, because people see it as abuse, and then they do bad things to young players like rezkill them because of the angst it creates.

The true way to harbour young players here is to reward dedicated individuals that will help them learn how to survive the learning curve. Reward players for writing guides and adding new players into their guilds to teach them when you see it happening.

What happened with the Young players having their statuses removed and then subsequently being rezkilled today shows nothing more than how people are so absorbed in getting riches that the only way to get them to be helpful to newer players is to reward them for it. Otherwise they will never spend a second helping them since it takes away from their earnings to do so.

If you ask me, given the speed in which werkt was able to have both an RDA moved for them that time in despise, and the speed in which they were able to get a couple actual Young players status removed at todays RDA event, it just seems incredibly likely that they have a staffmember in their ranks helping them find and do RDAs.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
I came here a few months go nieve and dumb. Happy to be playing uo, and looking forward to recruiting some blues and helping new uo players when i can. N.ow I see the flaws in my thinking, and the desire to just greif tamers back and other assholes is gr.owing. My .own issues i suppose, time to cool off with some hs and lol. Fuck it. Do as you do Evil .out.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Thanks Cal! We werkt it good today, ps. http://www.uoforum.com/threads/evil-mage-hue-1109-meta-dragon-egg-auction.73163/

Oh yea, strandedness, we cheat every chance we get, we like it when it smells fishy. This one time I had 2 clients casting mana vampire on my other client, was wicked sick dude, multi client pvp man!

Do you have a GM in your guild? Most people have to wait hours in the page queue for the type of assistance that you guys seem to get in seconds.

girana

Grandmaster
Anyways, the RDA system needs improvements as well, every change since the beginning has turned it into a giant zerg event which was never intended. Everything from tracking to the RDA tracking tools on the gold sink vendor do nothing but totally defeat the purpose of RDAs. It's just another glorified champ event now that we never needed.

the well organized guilds or big zerg guilds will ALWAYS have a big advantges

NEXT TIME U GUYS HAVE PROBLEM AT RDAS WITH WREKT CALL IN $ GUILD WE CLEAN THEM EASY

JUST CONTACT ME or @Bobby123 or anyone else on IRC

wreckognize

Grandmaster
the well organized guilds or big zerg guilds will ALWAYS have a big advantges

Nobody is suggesting otherwise.

However the point is that RDAs were created with the intention of not becoming a large guild event, and now that is has been changed to become one it has caused significant problems with game balance that has in turn caused an increased level of toxicity in this community.

Vorax

Grandmaster
Do you have a GM in your guild? Most people have to wait hours in the page queue for the type of assistance that you guys seem to get in seconds.
6 people in our guild paged in at the same time plus we used irc to tell the admins that there was a young in an rda, we told them their name and boom its done. If you see something being done thats against the rules, page, it'll be fixed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.