Refuse Hunting and what it can offer you!

So I figured I'd make a quick guide for any new players out there showcasing the wonderful benefits of Refuse hunting.

Refuse are static piles of what appears to be trash located around the world/dungeons and are specifically labeled as refuse when you single click them.

A WILD REFUSE PILE HAS APPEARED!

uUYz75p.jpg

Hidden inside these seemingly useless piles of trash are semi-rares that you can only find by harvesting from the piles by simply double clicking the piles.

I have spent a few hours searching the dungeon of Britannia and have come across 54 different refuse piles that a player can harvest from, unfortunately there are a few (however not that many) refuse piles that you are unable to harvest from.

The best means by which to take advantage of this limitless supply of free semi-rares is to create a character with GM Hiding, Stealth, Magery and Meditation because harvesting from these bad boys does not reveal you and you'll be recalling to the different spots one after another so you'll want to get that mana regeneration and not fail recalling.

Once you've obtained GM status in all four skills now the fun starts, you get to explore every dungeon while stealthing around locating these magnificent piles of treasure and then marking a Rune to their location.

But who I am kidding, you get the idea and just wanna see what PHAT pixels you can get from these bad boys. Below are pictures of the semi-rares that I have managed to harvest from the piles.

Wooden Decoration Items

wE3hzzH.jpg

Miscellaneous Decoration Items

om6sQ0L.jpg

(BTW that Green Beaker isn't created using the Alchemy Skill, completely unique colored beaker!)

Everybody's Favorite Container - The Metal Box!

2iLSTOw.jpg

Last but not least, Unique Books with Stories!

w1KqnWb.jpg

The vast majority of time you are simply going to harvest bandages and kindle while also getting random every day items such as apples, bags, etc. but every now and then you'll hit that PHAT Pixel lottery and get one of those beautiful delicious Semi-Rares!

Don't be discouraged, you won't get one every single run however if you make a rune book with each location, make the run at least 2 times a day (which only takes about 3 minutes) you'll start getting each of these semi-rares in no time.

I've only been harvesting these refuse piles for about a week and half now and the pictures are from the items I've personally obtained!

And another great thing about Refuse Piles is that they are timed specifically to individual characters. So if somebody harvests from a pile right before you do, no worries you can still harvest it after they do and be fine! I believe it's on an hour re-spawn timer so you can get right back to harvesting from that same pile once an hour passes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
Couple other guys that I don't have pictures of:

Brown bottle

Closed keg

There's something else I'm forgetting...I'll edit if I think of it.

Couple other guys that I don't have pictures of:

Brown bottle

Closed keg

There's something else I'm forgetting...I'll edit if I think of it.

Yes! I figured there would be more but I haven't been able to get them so didn't have a picture.

Somebody also posted a picture of a pink bong however it was labeled a bottle.

Found the thread!

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/pink-mafukn-bong-what.58611/#post-397160

That's what's so cool about Refuse Piles, never know what you might get from them.

I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of ultra super duper rare that nobody has harvest yet, hmmmm.......

Bromista

Grandmaster
Could be.

So far those bottles seem to be the rarest things gathered to date. For now those will have to be our uber rares unless something else blows them away.

Cack

Grandmaster
These are a leftover from perilous shard. theyve prolly been on other shards but I know em from that one. Great guide though...
I've shown a few people this and they had no idea either.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
You make it sound like you're standing so tall when really you're wrist and knee deep in fucking garbage buddy, stfu

china-garbage-pig-farm-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
Is this because you have no one's respect? I mean I know I put you on blast with the whole exploitation thing and narcing on the Koreans incident that relatively few people knew about, but surely that's not all there is to the story? I think it's more personal than that. I think it's pixel lust.

I guess it's possible that under this hardened exterior internet facade you're truly a softy at heart, sensitive because you died to my friend (surprised you were PvPing outside your house, must a been that ONE time) and immediately cried speedhack only to come face to face with the reality that you are not a good UO player? All I did was call you out for flopping, man. You're the one who flopped, never forget that!

You really showed your ass on that one LOL.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I remember this, he speedhacked 2 screens to hit me with the stun but failed and never got the kill. All the way from hedge to SS GH on my PvM char. He wasn't able to coordinate the call in either, I passed whoever it was but they didn't even see me. Guess they were looking for 'grey only'

>>>>>>>>>>>>nexxxttt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bromista

Grandmaster
If my jaw dropped for any reason it was because you linked an Atmosphere track. I didn't realize you listened to quality rap.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Technically it's a Dynospectrum track, not that I'm trying to derail this thread so that newer users will never get their hands in my garbage piles or anything. HBY