Q) Why do I still play UO? A) PKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cack

Grandmaster
life is full of hard choices :/
That it is.
Lets look at the choices for the reds in this situation. they fight the blue alliance easily winning, they go and find other ppl to kill cuz this bard quit, or they get to keep killing the same player over and over again.
Not one hard choice for them.
So we have an imbalance. And we all know imbalances can lead to a shard dying.
In other words the reds are pking this shard to death.
The next step after what we have now will be empty dungeons....then everything will get stale on the shard, less and less pvp, then more and more people leaving.
When all that was needed was for reds to have some restraint and moderation to begin with.

To tie this all into the OP. Yes most of us play this game because it is still fun and why is it still fun...because of the thrill of pking or the threat of being pked. But anything that happens too much creates imbalance. And imbalance in uo is not good.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
That it is.
Lets look at the choices for the reds in this situation. they fight the blue alliance easily winning, they go and find other ppl to kill cuz this bard quit, or they get to keep killing the same player over and over again.
The next step after what we have now will be empty dungeons....then everything will get stale on the shard, less and less pvp, then more and more people leaving.
When all that was needed was for reds to have some restraint and moderation to begin with.

dude you are waaaaaaaaay over stating the red situation here on UOF. PLENTY of people farm with no problems.

and your choices for reds are cherry picked lol, cmon now.

Cack

Grandmaster
dude you are waaaaaaaaay over stating the red situation here on UOF. PLENTY of people farm with no problems.

and your choices for reds are cherry picked lol, cmon now.
Then what are your choices for reds. And I am totally overstating it solely to show there is a problem and where it is.
Also the plenty of ppl farming with no problem is a seperate issue...do they have trammel? realistically a pk could come and should come to regulate them.
My whole point is moderation
Moderation in farming and moderation in pking.

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
But being a red used to mean something, here it's just another character no different from a blue.

AND the funniest quote ever said by a blue goes to Deriz!

If this is the case my child, then how come you exclusively play a blue zerg?

You're only upset because EQMS is a better zerg than the blue rekt.

This thread is full of bad suggestions from very bad players.

If i wasn't such an easy going player that accepted death i would of rage quit like these blues years ago. These crybabies get all worked up over a death or 2. Do you know how much i die as a red? I get the absolute shit ganked out of me by blues then instant statlossed if i lose my head (80% of the time). I now die to EQMS too (& lose my precious loots! which is far more than any tram carries), but i just laugh and at least i know i wont be taken out of the game for 48 hours for providing entertainment.

I think some of these players crying google searched "hello kitty island adventure" but instead accidentally stumbled across Ultima Online.

Deriz

Grandmaster
Why arent you recruiting then Deriz? You had 10 people on their TBs our first week back and havent been on since. If we can recruit with a 100k join fee surely you can recruit soldiers to TB to fight us for free? Instead of getting on your TBs and teaching guys how to group PVP you choose to play your non faction blue and help out the racist CoM gankers.

We had 8 people, then 6, then 5 people in our first fights. Have some people who have been busy with shit irl, people moving etc. And I am trying to recruit people, you yourself trolled my post so you know ive been trying to recruit people.

And if we have a group of 3 people why would we be on TBs to fight both you, and CoM. Where you would have 7-8x our numbers, and CoM would have 3-4x our numbers. It's the people that dont PvP, or group PvP that arent wanting to faction, not much I can do about that.

Our PvP core has always only had 3-5 people. You guys act like Rekt has 60 people, you guys are very mistaken, our 'zerg' is and always has been 3-5 people . There have been a handful of times weve managed to get 8-9 in a faction group but those days are few and far between.

We are not elitist, we havent turned anyone down or said they suck too much. It's just hard to find people interested in PvP.

Plus im not too interested in 20 man fights, that is pretty boring to me. I liked the fights with 3-6 people the best. Most skill is involved there imo, and it was a lot more fun.

You guys enjoy the way you play, I enjoy the way I play

Deriz

Grandmaster
You think someone newb pks want to train skills again for the 100th time? To mitigate said risks they will form the worlds biggest zerg, the likes of which you have never seen.

The irony of all of us this is people were chanting for perma statloss for the last year based on a few power reds. The problem here is a lot of you are trammie WOW Care Bears.

I'm generally a solo pk and you should see the tears of pain I get from victims. It's like I banged their wife irl or something. I don't get it.

I dont think you understand what perma stat is...

Deriz

Grandmaster
AND the funniest quote ever said by a blue goes to Deriz!

If this is the case my child, then how come you exclusively play a blue zerg?

You're only upset because EQMS is a better zerg than the blue rekt.

This thread is full of bad suggestions from very bad players.

If i wasn't such an easy going player that accepted death i would of rage quit like these blues years ago. These crybabies get all worked up over a death or 2. Do you know how much i die as a red? I get the absolute shit ganked out of me by blues then instant statlossed if i lose my head (80% of the time). I now die to EQMS too (& lose my precious loots! which is far more than any tram carries), but i just laugh and at least i know i wont be taken out of the game for 48 hours for providing entertainment.

I think some of these players crying google searched "hello kitty island adventure" but instead accidentally stumbled across Ultima Online.

I dont exclusively play a blue, I have 3 reds. I just dont go around dungeon pking. I dont get mad when I die either lol.
I love it how you guys always say Rekt 'zerg' when we have like 3-5 people that will fight back. You guys call in 3-5 people for just me when I see you in a dungeon anways. You talk about solo pking but as soon as anyone fights you, you call in.

Keep on your alchy macer kiling bards. =)

Lexington

Grandmaster
That it is.

Reds will never have restraint and that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's their job. The problem with our model is we have PVP players doubling as reds. Mostly because we don't have harsh enough consequences for being a murder. As a result its way to easy to go PK when the PVP dries up.

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
I dont exclusively play a blue, I have 3 reds. I just dont go around dungeon pking. I dont get mad when I die either lol.
I love it how you guys always say Rekt 'zerg' when we have like 3-5 people that will fight back. You guys call in 3-5 people for just me when I see you in a dungeon anways. You talk about solo pking but as soon as anyone fights you, you call in.

Keep on your alchy macer kiling bards. =)

I run dungeons solo (and not on an alchy macer, given too slow for disrupt), whereas the handful of times i've seen rekt on reds you do the same thing but with like 3-5 ebolt railing bards/tamers.... Then if one POWER is spotted, you attempt a gank, but will also recall out your reds and GET BLUES (lol) if that POWER member calls in backup...

Without fail, every time you've seen me you call in, i've even fought u guys 2v1 to 3v1 willingly and i still get instant statlossed after a double stun... This speaks volumes on your behavior (or lack of). Then again, POWER has a theory that rekt can't get their dick hard unless they statloss a red, if this is the case, i forgive you.

If we wern't around, or EQMS, your guild would be bored shitless, or maybe this is a case where you weaker players would step up and use reds lol.

Anyways, back to work girls. Bye!

bradley-

Grandmaster
Z4IA761.jpg

Silvers

Master
Implement a system that will count and limit # of reds that enter a dungeon based on current blues that are inside. Example: 5 blues in despise -> max 7 reds in dungeon only.

SOLO or small group pkers shouldent be affected since i constantly see them talking about fighting 1v 3 odds etc and the lack of reds they are seeing already. This will also cause red zerg guilds to spread out numbers more and will even playing field and also weeds out quantity over quality issue.

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
I dont think you understand what perma stat is...
Occasionally your zerg grows a pair and uses a red, yet it requires 5 plus if you to gank a bard. I call your red guild mimi EQMS, you're almost there but don't have the stones of EQMS to use a red. Once someone besides a bard shows up you all run off and get your blues. Same thing happens with faction fights.

Please refrain from posting anything on a pvp thread. Your guild is like a group of vultures who tries to scab some meat while the lions fight.

Cack

Grandmaster
Implement a system that will count and limit # of reds that enter a dungeon based on current blues that are inside. Example: 5 blues in despise -> max 7 reds in dungeon only.
Wouldn't work. Lets say I'm a red and want to enter a dungeon under this new system. I get a message saying "sorry , there are too many reds in this dungeon" Ok well, I'll show you....blue casts gate in house, then hide, go through gate. Then red goes through gate...

Silvers

Master
Wouldn't work. Lets say I'm a red and want to enter a dungeon under this new system. I get a message saying "sorry , there are too many reds in this dungeon" Ok well, I'll show you....blue casts gate in house, then hide, go through gate. Then red goes through gate...
I have no idea what that means

Cack

Grandmaster
I have no idea what that means
You said there should be a cap on reds proportionate to the amount of blues in the dungeon...so if im a red wanting to go pk in that dungeon but i cant because theres too many reds or not enough blues all i have to do is recall or gate one of my blues in. then my red can enter.

Tonedog

Neophyte
I would rather whatever system is put in place reward successful opposition of the group of reds by making their deaths mean something vs an outright server controlled limit or cap put on reds like this.

Right now when say fighting the zerg at the W Brit bridge we have been able to drop reds in the zerg but it being no cut and the price of heads being such that it is for most reds dropping one or two does nothing to stop the zerg. Even if we wiped them that would net maybe a 10 min reprieve as they re-regged/restocked.

I want a way for a group of blues to stop a group of reds for a period of time. if you want to pvp all the time, go factions. If you are red it is b/c you are killing people who don't want to pvp you and that is fine but there needs to be consequences when you finally do die, be it to the provo tamer who turned the paragon titan's wrath your way or the group of blues out hunting you. I would even prefer it if a reds death was cause by an opposing faction there was no penalty, b/c in that case the death was caused by someone who permanently declared they wanted to fight you. But when casual players decide to fight back against the zerg/experienced pk's their efforts should not be in vain even in success.

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
I would rather whatever system is put in place reward successful opposition of the group of reds by making their deaths mean something vs an outright server controlled limit or cap put on reds like this.

Right now when say fighting the zerg at the W Brit bridge we have been able to drop reds in the zerg but it being no cut and the price of heads being such that it is for most reds dropping one or two does nothing to stop the zerg. Even if we wiped them that would net maybe a 10 min reprieve as they re-regged/restocked.

I want a way for a group of blues to stop a group of reds for a period of time. if you want to pvp all the time, go factions. If you are red it is b/c you are killing people who don't want to pvp you and that is fine but there needs to be consequences when you finally do die, be it to the provo tamer who turned the paragon titan's wrath your way or the group of blues out hunting you. I would even prefer it if a reds death was cause by an opposing faction there was no penalty, b/c in that case the death was caused by someone who permanently declared they wanted to fight you. But when casual players decide to fight back against the zerg/experienced pk's their efforts should not be in vain even in success.
BUT THIS IS PVP YOU MORON!!!! They are not harming new players... You're all engaging in consensual red vs blue pvp which is fun... If statloss existed at Brit bridge they wouldnt be there. Just like before, it was a desert. They can be statted in dungeons if they go out and 'player kill' people.

Status
Not open for further replies.