PvPeter running afk thief script screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
During one of the more recent invasion events of Brit I unequipped my exceptional/power bow, and before I saw it hit my pack it was stolen. PSP use to teach new players, and I have heard countless stories of them not knowing about steam scripts and they would have Taming SS stolen and PS stolen by " skilled thieves". I applaud this because stealing on this server is SKILL-LESS. You all run scripts, this just takes it to the next level. +1 for rustling this guys jimmies.

Bobaganoosh

Master
Why don't kids use the bank INSIDE THE DOCKS? where its safe?
I feel like that is day one shit...

Sent from my LGUK410 using Tapatalk

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
IMO this kind of scripting should have been fixed instead of the weird PS stealing mechanics that were added in. But apparently that isn't really an option without screwing over crafters.

At least one friend of mine was called out for this same thing when the original scripting hubbub was happening, and was wrongfully accused of running the script afk.

@Delhan How do you know pvpeter was afk?

Sewer Rat

Journeyman
I know a player who was punished for doing this, so I am going to confirm that this is a no no. Have some fucking class as a thief and do it in the "old way". Stop with this bullshit scripting in any form.

Bobaganoosh

Master
The script thief was at the dock ent portal stealing as they walked by.
There is a bank inside the docks. So u dont have to us the Britt bank to get the PS. Use the bank INSIDE THE DOCKS SAFE AREA. Go in the dock, this means through the portal and type "bank"

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
oh yes. I think it got closed off during some faction FFA event that Adam hosted

not sure that was intentional, other than that I just dont think you can recall to the docks because you cant cast mark there. Not sure it was intended either.

Swayze

Grandmaster
oh yes. I think it got closed off during some faction FFA event that Adam hosted

not sure that was intentional, other than that I just dont think you can recall to the docks because you cant cast mark there. Not sure it was intended either.

Its not just the mark factor... I have a rune already marked into the docks in that spot... you cant recall into it anymore.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
As Brad said, for some reason its legal here.
I've stopped even bringing it up, as well as auto-stealth and the ability to hide immediately after you steal...All things I feel shouldn't be allowed but for some reason people just look the other way. It won't be fixed most likely, so you just have to work around it.

hdNbBCN.gif

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
For people that keeping saying "just go to the docks duhh" : You are missing the point that he is doing this AFK, that is the only question at hand here was 1.if he was actually afk and 2. should it be legal or not. We all know the safe thing to do is to trade at docks, stop talking to everyone like they are stupid. The people that would be affected by this are probably much newer and not as actively as involved on the forums as others.

bradley-

Grandmaster
For people that keeping saying "just go to the docks duhh" : You are missing the point that he is doing this AFK, that is the only question at hand here was 1.if he was actually afk and 2. should it be legal or not. We all know the safe thing to do is to trade at docks, stop talking to everyone like they are stupid. The people that would be affected by this are probably much newer and not as actively as involved on the forums as others.

How do you know if he is indeed AFK? The main post says:
The second he stole the powerscroll, his macro sends him off and running to prevent you from taking back your rightful property, and banks it instantly.

If he takes off running then I doubt he was AFK. I mean, why not have the macro just bank the scroll immediately? Why run away first? The bank is literally right there... Was he semi-AFK? Probably. But that isn't AFK. Easy loophole around the 'AFK' problem is to have the script sound an alarm when something is stolen, alt+tab over to that client and do your business. Then back to whatever else you were doing.

I don't like stealing scripts.. They are ridiculous and can do insane things but if you can't prove that he was AFK then he did nothing wrong anyways.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
How do you know if he is indeed AFK? The main post says:

If he takes off running then I doubt he was AFK. I mean, why not have the macro just bank the scroll immediately? Why run away first? The bank is literally right there... Was he semi-AFK? Probably. But that isn't AFK. Easy loophole around the 'AFK' problem is to have the script sound an alarm when something is stolen, alt+tab over to that client and do your business. Then back to whatever else you were doing.

I don't like stealing scripts.. They are ridiculous and can do insane things but if you can't prove that he was AFK then he did nothing wrong anyways.
Yup I agree.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
@Drustan you might be fighting a losing battle with this issue, it has been around since Steam was allowed here. To remove auto-steal would be to change how the advanced macro system works, which would then affect crafters creating even more need for forum plumbing. I agree fully, this issue is rampant because it does not have a punishment attached to it.

Check the link below to see how it worked out back then:

http://uoforum.com/threads/controversial-much-auto-steal.36494/

As for those who portray your post as a crying thread, or state the complete obvious fact of banking in a safer location; this post is NOT about common sense, this post is once again about cheating.

Swayze

Grandmaster
I had a powerscroll stolen from me when I first started off at Neira from a stealing script. They saw me run to the wall, used the script to perfection in the middle of my recall... perfect timing.

The good part is, I only get 105 peacemaking... so it wasn't a big loss.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Word is PvPeter also bought that account, but nobody seems to care about that either.

RULES // TERMS OF USE
THE FOLLOWING IS AGAINST OUR TERMS AND IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED:

Misc Rules:
  • You may not sell items, accounts or gold for real life currancy. All Real Life Trading (RTM) is prohibited.

Shame, shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.