PvPeter running afk thief script screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Part one is that there's nothing against doing it in the rules.
Actually, there is. It just depends on your interpretation of the rule.

• Any macroing resources while away from the keyboard is a bannable offense.
If your actions look more automatic than manual while resource gathering, we will take action. This includes rail mining, auto mining/smelting/house dropping and or automated runebook traveling and banking.

As I understand, this rule applies to gold/item farming as well. If he is afk, he is indeed gold farming albeit in a difference since.
I would love an admin ruling on the matter so we know clearly if this is illegal or not if indeed he was afk (it is not illegal if he is not afk)

I love pvpeter btw, hes my homeboy. Just think this is an interesting discussion.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Carrying anything steal-able to Brit bank that you don't want to lose isn't smart but still to me it would seem that if he is running this script afk then it's the same as afk resource gathering and should be punished accordingly. I have seen a player get jailed or possibly even banned for an afk taming macro and this seems just as bad or worse.
I was jailed for afk taming very recently, it was in the midst of the all the ddosing and server crashes and there was literally not much you could do in game. Then they had a "skill gain weekend" to make up for it to which I noticed absolutely no increase in skill gain and the time. I have since given up on making my tamer at 87.9, and generally stopped playing the server very much because of the exact point you make. These admins specifically @JoeB from what I have seen just pick and choose who to punished. Im not sure why or how, but after that jailing and returning to the spot on another character to discover everyone else in the spot was still there afk taming away (I know at least 2 were afk because they were in my guild the other two people were not so I cant say for sure, but probably)
Lack of inconsistency, common sense when enforcing rules, and bad pvp changes have drastically turned me off to UOF.

Obviously I DO NOT believe that devs are "out to get me" or there is some conspiracy here, it just inconsistent for whatever unknown reason. This post is a perfect example of that.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Actually, there is. It just depends on your interpretation of the rule.

• Any macroing resources while away from the keyboard is a bannable offense.

Not sure powerscrolls are defined as resources.

Either way, rules need to be clearly defined in order to be able to be enforced. What good is a rule if it can't be enforced? Therefore it doesn't count as ''against the rules'' in my opinion.

If we leave rule enforcement up to the interpretation of the enforcer too much, it will just breed chaos. Not something that works out well for anyone, especially in an online community based around a fantasy game. Shit falls apart pretty quick.

Drustan

Expert
Why run away first?
To prevent you from stealing it back as running away will close the pack unless you're running sallos.
I'm going to incorporate it into my script I'll be running until this gets confirmed as illegal as well because the bankers have a tendency to walk around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drustan

Expert
@Karl Sagan
He was stationary for several hours after the script grabbed the 105 mining.
I spammed next to him to grab attention for about 40 minutes after I started the thread.

You're missing the point. Don't blame victims for somebody else's cheating. This would apply had PvPeter not been AFK.
He still hasn't moved since I tested this all about 25 minutes ago, by the way.

Drustan

Expert
I'm going to be blunt here. PLEASE stop saying "docks are safe!" We are all well aware. That's not what this is about. It is about --> BEING AFK WHILE RUNNING AUTOSTEAL <---
I don't care if he's stealing regs in Ocllo while AFK. It's still BS.

Also, please read the previous posts before making a comment.
Stop beating a dead horse.
Some of y'all are seriously reading the title, formulating a response, skimming the thread, and then repeating the same damn thing everyone else is saying.
Repetition and offering nothing new will just serve to get this thread ignored by admins because they'll have to sort through the same repetitive nonsense and may end up missing a perfectly valid point.

@Darkarna I'm not even trying to fight against autosteal. Just the afk part.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I'm going to be blunt here. PLEASE stop saying "docks are safe!" We are all well aware. That's not what this is about. It is about --> BEING AFK WHILE RUNNING AUTOSTEAL <---
I don't care if he's stealing regs in Ocllo while AFK. It's still BS.

Also, please read the previous posts before making a comment.
Stop beating a dead horse.
Some of y'all are seriously reading the title, formulating a response, skimming the thread, and then repeating the same damn thing everyone else is saying.
Repetition and offering nothing new will just serve to get this thread ignored by admins because they'll have to sort through the same repetitive nonsense and may end up missing a perfectly valid point.

@Darkarna I'm not even trying to fight against autosteal. Just the afk part.

I know matey, but it is still a pile of shit having to brush shoulders with cheats. I will be honest, I really preferred the strictness of OSI, even the slightest illegal thing was jumped upon, it was just a pity they decided to go in the direction they did. My issue has and will always be that auto-steal has detrimental effects on legitimate thieves, the changes which were applied to power scrolls is just another case of how thieves get seriously modified because of low life, shit vacuums, cheating because they LACK any credible skills of doing things right.

Now this issue has risen again, the amount of thieves will try and implement this script who were originally legit and controversially, I don't condone the use, but I don't condemn either and the reason for this is simply to compete. Just remember though, you bottom feeding, puss snorting ass fiends that cheat, eventually you will push the thief in line for another nerf and some of us ONLY play thieves.

Just to add, isn't it amazing how threads like this get a ton of views in a very little amount of time? I de-cypher this behaviour into thinking that this IS an issue, curiosity or concern?, you can be the judge of that.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I see it as having a stealing bot. Not acceptable. I'd punish the crap out of this just as quickly as I would a person using a multi-client pvp healer bot script. It's all possible, but it's not controlled or monitored.

JoeB

Adept
I was jailed for afk taming very recently, it was in the midst of the all the ddosing and server crashes and there was literally not much you could do in game. Then they had a "skill gain weekend" to make up for it to which I noticed absolutely no increase in skill gain and the time. I have since given up on making my tamer at 87.9, and generally stopped playing the server very much because of the exact point you make. These admins specifically @JoeB from what I have seen just pick and choose who to punished. Im not sure why or how, but after that jailing and returning to the spot on another character to discover everyone else in the spot was still there afk taming away (I know at least 2 were afk because they were in my guild the other two people were not so I cant say for sure, but probably)
Lack of inconsistency, common sense when enforcing rules, and bad pvp changes have drastically turned me off to UOF.

Obviously I DO NOT believe that devs are "out to get me" or there is some conspiracy here, it just inconsistent for whatever unknown reason. This post is a perfect example of that.

99.9% afk taming punishments are given out because other players paged in on you. We then check the player paged in on and jail them if they are AFK taming. I would need to know your char name however odds are highly against me jailing you the weekend of skill gains as I was away. Odds are one of our many other staff members performed the jailing. Had you paged on said players you assume were afk taming I am sure it would have been checked out as we always check those claims.

Eppy and I attempted to check on PVPetter the day we received word on him doing that. He was standing next to the poker table getting on an ethy on the char people claim was AFK stealing. We never got to test or check that he was actually AFK stealing next to the gate so we can't do anything about it until we actually catch them or have real evidence he was doing it. I personally never received another page or pm in regards to this so never thought to check him again. We have jailed players for this before and would have jailed him had we caught him actually performing the illegal act you claim he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.