PVP Archery

Lailoken

Journeyman
Just killed an Arch Ice Fiend with my Archer/Fencer using a short spear of Exorcism. Killed it way faster than with archery. I actually hit the damn thing.

Does Shane hate archery? Does he even play here?
I'm hesitant to change anything about archery right now solely because of Booty Island. I have a strong feeling that place is going to be archer heaven, so any change now could mean a broken template later.

Archery is terrible man. I will probably never go to Booty Island, I still use a bow though. If Booty Island is going to be a problem, change the rules there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hesitant to change anything about archery right now solely because of Booty Island. I have a strong feeling that place is going to be archer heaven, so any change now could mean a broken template later.

Wouldn't this be the perfect place to take a look at archerys performance then? I admit I'm not 100% familiar with Booty Island other then I've heard you can't use mounts. I guess I don't really see a difference between the main land and Booty Island there. On the main land everyone (well damn near) is on mounts; making it an even playing field in terms of mobility, and on Booty Island no one can use mounts; making it an even playing field in terms of mobility. Is there some other special rule set in place only on Booty Island? Could you please clarify your concerns for us?

Lailoken

Journeyman
Wouldn't this be the perfect place to take a look at archerys performance then? I admit I'm not 100% familiar with Booty Island other then I've heard you can't use mounts. I guess I don't really see a difference between the main land and Booty Island there. On the main land everyone (well damn near) is on mounts; making it an even playing field in terms of mobility, and on Booty Island no one can use mounts; making it an even playing field in terms of mobility. Is there some other special rule set in place only on Booty Island? Could you please clarify your concerns for us?

Agreed, I set foot once on Booty Island. Took a couple steps and realized I could not use a mount and promptly left. No way in hell am I wasting my time exploring a new area on foot. I just don't have the kind of time in my RL to kill that much time. I get a few day's a week to kinda game a lot and time for me is precious. I love the game but I'm not going to play 5+ hours a day. No way, the real world demands much more of my attention.

I don't understand how Booty Island is a insta-hit area for archers? Are you telling us that archery works on Booty Island?

Fact is, Archery is a very sore topic on the forums at the moment. Either way you cut it. It's not working.
From what I have read IMO it would seem that those of us that PvM would like to see improvements in hit ratio as well as those in PvP.
Now you have to admit, when was the last time both sides agreed that something was wrong?
(with the few exceptions)

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
What I don't get is how everyone acts like archers and dexxers are good but no one uses them..: and no one ever can respond to that with anything other than that they suck. And magic weapons obviously we use them kaz. I always use +25 weapons... And vanqs. Fact is you still miss. Your hit Chance is awful. Wrestling is the most overpowered skill ever. It defends stuns prevent disrupts... And it's bare fits. Like wtf

The answers are all here. It would shock me that this community is so adept at knowing what needs changing but we've all been playing this game for a long time. If we can't get archery changes that everyone wants and nobody is fighting then we know it's politics. Ain't no fix for that :p

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
The answers are all here. It would shock me that this community is so adept at knowing what needs changing but we've all been playing this game for a long time. If we can't get archery changes that everyone wants and nobody is fighting then we know it's politics. Ain't no fix for that :p
Like I stated before.. This is a pro Mage server. And pro Mage pvp. There won't be dexxer benefits... For some reason magic is more exciting than crushing skulls...

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
why can't you guys accept that you're horrible at pvp and move on nd become better?
Why can't you except that your horrible and entertain the idea of introducing more pvp options than running a stun Mage? Ahh because your scripts are just to helpful...

K A Z

Grandmaster
Why can't you except that your horrible and entertain the idea of introducing more pvp options than running a stun Mage? Ahh because your scripts are just to helpful...

hey, I already said that I'm all for these changes. I can't wait to make you cry to Adam when I own the shit out of you.

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
hey, I already said that I'm all for these changes. I can't wait to make you cry to Adam when I own the shit out of you.
Doubt it. And Blair is doing the pvp stuff now I think. I could care less about dying... But being stunned and killed is getting old. Would rather see something else. Ebolt spams and stuns are getting old...

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Would rather just see hit chance increased more than anything.. Really is unbelievable how often you whiff...

Just killed an Arch Ice Fiend with my Archer/Fencer using a short spear of Exorcism. Killed it way faster than with archery. I actually hit the damn thing.

@Blair can you explain if there is any difference in hit chance for archery vs any other melee skill? I always thought it was a uniform equation that was relatively simple.

What I don't get is how everyone acts like archers and dexxers are good but no one uses them..: and no one ever can respond to that with anything other than that they suck. And magic weapons obviously we use them kaz. I always use +25 weapons... And vanqs. Fact is you still miss. Your hit Chance is awful. Wrestling is the most overpowered skill ever. It defends stuns prevent disrupts... And it's bare fits. Like wtf

Wrestling does not stun, wrestling+anatomy stuns. Wrestling does almost no damage. I don't know that I've ever heard wrestling described as OP...

Doesn't just anat plus eval = stun?
Really it's the anatomy from what I understand. The anat/eval combo offers the equivalent of GM wrestling when determining the other persons chance to hit you. Although I think it's possible to attempt a stun punch without the wrestling, but it's at an extremely low chance to land (5-10%?).

EDIT: I am incorrect. Just tried to use stun punch with 100 anatomy and 0 wrestling, "You are not skilled enough to stun your opponent.". Maybe it's a different result with the eval combination.

No need to get upset Karl, some people have been away from the game since before this came in. Thank you for the clarification though.

aIck

Grandmaster
@Blair can you explain if there is any difference in hit chance for archery vs any other melee skill? I always thought it was a uniform equation that was relatively simple.
I think the fact that you can swing a melee weapon like 3 or 4 times in the time it takes to shoot once with a bow creates an illusion of missing a lot. Let's just say that you fire 8 shots and miss half of 'em. In that same you could've swinged your melee weapon +20 times, and even if you missed half of them you'd still have landed way more blows.

tl;dr: Bows are fine.