PvM Build Help?

Garadan77

Neophyte
So I have came across a bunch of threads mentioning a Tamer as being a prime/best choice for a PvM character and I perceive that as not being a melee type? I was kinda hoping to run across a nice effective melee PvM build but I couldn't seem to find one that was up to date or recent.

I am just looking for something simple that I can start out with so I can get familiar with the game again, build up some gold before getting into anything to technical. Again, I did search around looking for some builds but didn't see any that were recent and I am not sure how relevant time is or how far back I can go for a build.

Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated!

Shortbus

Grandmaster
Weapon Skill
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Music
Provocation
Magery/Resist

Bard is a very good money maker. Archery used to be good but lately most will say a melee skill is best for it.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
what shortbus says melee/ bard can farm with the best of them at half the effort its not gonna get the crazy dmg these meta dexxers/pets are getting but its 100% your best option when just starting out.

Cobra Kaun

Between magery and resist which makes more sense to drop? I really don't like the idea of playing a character without resist as it makes you a lot more vulnerable but also not having magery can be a bit of a pain.

Between magery and resist which makes more sense to drop? I really don't like the idea of playing a character without resist as it makes you a lot more vulnerable but also not having magery can be a bit of a pain.
Don't be too afraid. If you want resist, drop magery, but i like my provo archer, he has no resist, but has hiding. I'm sure if you go provo, put it with whatever suits your playstyle best, melee, archer or mage. GLHF :)

Dimok

Master
I went for resist over magery, it helps immensely when doing things like kiting a lich lord to an ancient lich to get them in provo range. Just make sure you have a great supply of recall scrolls and you're golden.
Edit* and while my provo/archer doesn't farm nearly as well as my provo/tamer, it is no slouch and your best bang for buck considering how fast you can get a provo/wepskill template out the door.

D'Sade

Neophyte
Instead of creating my own, I am hoping I can kinda piggy back off this thread since the question is very similar.

Are melee builds with parry viable anymore?

I have read "Meta Dexxer" a few times now, and I assume that this has something to do with the talismans I have ready sparsely about. Are the builds for Dexxers with these talismans different?

Are Meta Dexxers able to farm as efficiently as a Tamer?

And on a side note, I always like fishing in UO for whatever reason and it seems this server has enriched that style of play. What would be a good build for someone who likes to do his own fishing and Messages in a Bottle?

Dimok

Master
Instead of creating my own, I am hoping I can kinda piggy back off this thread since the question is very similar.

Are melee builds with parry viable anymore?

I have read "Meta Dexxer" a few times now, and I assume that this has something to do with the talismans I have ready sparsely about. Are the builds for Dexxers with these talismans different?

Are Meta Dexxers able to farm as efficiently as a Tamer?

And on a side note, I always like fishing in UO for whatever reason and it seems this server has enriched that style of play. What would be a good build for someone who likes to do his own fishing and Messages in a Bottle?
Meta dexxer tali is this shards way of dealing with dexxers not being as good at farming as tamers, yes. There are 3 different tali's, berzerker, defense, and mage. I wont go into detail as there is plenty of info readily available for them. The tali you could fit parry into would be defense, at least until you level it up a bit.
As far as fishing, I personally have a treasure hunter/fisher with gm magery and music/provo that can run them solo, but I tend to duo with my 115 tamer.
If you are looking to make some gold and get on your feet fast, the easiest way to do that is make an archer with provoke (or even melee, gm provo/music is the key). Very little time investment, and a great money maker.

Garadan77

Neophyte
Thank you guys very much for all the help and to be honest you guys piggybacking off the thread was just as helpful as well haha

Allowed me to see other peoples ideas/perspectives (hopefully based off my question) and kinda helped me understand whats going on a little more also!