Promoting healthy and fun PvP

Sommerella

Master
Stop letting people attack and run in houses.
You can't flag, then go into a house. You can't kill/flag on someone in a house and move, either. It ejects you automatically.

Its crappy when you want to duel w/ guildies in your house. [emoji20]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Why are you so against a change that would specifically protect these people?

Because his guild blue pks a shit ton due to their large amount of characters and occasional willingness to try and pvp on non-pvp toons. It why trin is good and shitty at the same time. I think $, Trin, Lore would be most affected by this as they mainly pvp on blues.

An obvious and demonstrable lie. Your intentions are transparent and already exposed.

What intentions? Fattson complained about being interfered with by blue players constantly, I mentioned a way to solve it and that makes my intentions transparent? Please fill me in on my intentions because right now I don't think you have a clue.

If people have to think twice about killing a blue player because they might have to face some consequences, less blues will be PK'd and griefed by other blues. Thus PVMers will have some added protection.

What intentions? Fattson complained about being interfered with by blue players constantly, I mentioned a way to solve it and that makes my intentions transparent? Please fill me in on my intentions because right now I don't think you have a clue.

Refer to previous posts, I already gave you numerous scenarios on why this is a bad idea. Of which you replied with one line answers, failing to address the concerns and doubtfully even reading, judging from this response.

And we all know @Fattson is on the eqms dole.

halygon

Grandmaster
So if these out of control blue PKs can easily skirt the system anyways as you suggest, why even change the rule? If anything make 1 count go red if we are headed down this path.

The intent is obvious, provide greater advantage to reds raiding champs and rdas. (Who are already flagged anyways from attacking and therefore can't recall.)

I trust in the wisdom of the shard overlords to see the true intentions of eqms false prophets.
Jack - Maybe you can provide more details of your understanding.

I am not sure how reds raiding champs and rdas would have a distinct advantage. The folks they are attacking would still be able to recall at will as they are not aggressors on another player.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster

I am not sure how reds raiding champs and rdas would have a distinct advantage. The folks they are attacking would still be able to recall at will as they are not aggressors on another player.

I know exactly why he is butthurt about this rule and I explained it 5 posts up.

Overlords, please consider intelligence and reading comprehension prior to future staff additions.

Thank You,
The Community

You make vague assumptions as to what my 'real intentions' are, but won't clarify when asked. It's clear you are abusing the mechanic, and preying on the 'PVMers/Trammies' that are allegedly leaving the server, otherwise you would understand this mechanic would do wonders to help out players who do not wish to participate in PVP. It would also SLIGHTLY punish players who force PVP on those who do not wish to participate.

Consider this, I only play faction characters and only fight people who are flagged for consensual PVP. All of my characters (including my PVM tamer) already obey the no recall mechanic whenever a factioner attacks me. Do you think it could be possible I have a better grasp of the pros/cons of such a system being that I am already impacted by it on every single character I have?

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
He just doesnt want to come out and say "we blue pvp mostly so this hurts us"

And Jack, lets not talk about staff like that bro, remember one of those people that possibly cant read or write is your GM.

Haly I think you missed what is being suggested.
The suggestion is that any blue with a count (even if it was days ago) would not be able to recalled if flagged (even if not aggressor).

Exactly, which is why eqms wants to limit recalling of their prey as well. You just basically said that during a non-consensual PvP encounter in which a red attacks a blue, the blue should have the same limitations as the red regarding recalling and escaping if said blue happened to have 1 count from potentially days before the event.

Consider this, I only play faction characters and only fight people who are flagged for consensual PVP. All of my characters (including my PVM tamer) already obey the no recall mechanic whenever a factioner attacks me. Do you think it could be possible I have a better grasp of the pros/cons of such a system being that I am already impacted by it on every single character I have?

Actually no, I don't think you have a better grasp given you just admitted in the same post you only participate in one play style. We aren't talking about factions.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
I agree that you have a reason to be upset and it would be annoying for a lot of blues who hardly ever pvp but may be forced to fight off people at an rda or champ etc and take a count. However, that is the consequence of that. LIke he said before 24 hours per count is nothing. This might not be too bad for the people I mentioned before and really significantly impact those that actively blue pvp/pk $, Lore. Trin seems to have more people that dont take counts on blues, but if you talk shit about their guild and town hard enough you can provoke some into attacking. heheheh
Seriously though, this is an interesting conversation, I am not sure how I feel about it tbh.

Trin seems to have more people that dont take counts on blues, but if you talk shit about their guild and town hard enough you can provoke some into attacking. heheheh

Unfortunately not every Trin member has my Zen like patience to continually put up with vile attacks on the daily without reaction. I do appreciate your recognition of my concerns though.