Promoting healthy and fun PvP

n8m8

Journeyman
1. stackable potions would be kinda nice, however I know Shane felt that stackable potions on a corpse would reduce the visual 'wow' factor of looting.

Wow factor... I loled. Seriously? It just makes looting your own corpse ********. There's no real reason why pots shouldn't be stackable all the time.

Loakes

Grandmaster
uY682Ej.jpg

1v4ing com and TB and you got dinkus over here ALL PETS PEACED ALL PETS PEACED ALL PETS PEACED

you dont even have to click the pets, you can just AoE the peacemaking and itll peace both pets.

when pets are peaced, they dont obey, they dont move, they dont attack. they sit there like @Loakes in combat.

they are only controllable again once the peacemaker stops.

there either needs to be a cooldown on peacemaking - OR - make peacing another blue players pets a criminal act.

fix this shit CUZ IVE HAD IT UP TO HERE

Lmao Get owned!

#KeepPeaceMaking!

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Healthy pvp would be everyone being able to fight, live, or die, restock, and not waste time on giving or receiving shit talk.
Die? Get restocked because you know you wanna go back impossible odds or not.
Die? Stay home figure out a plan.
The only thing I see people really lose is their mind and dignity.

Nesha

Apprentice
Wow factor... I loled. Seriously? It just makes looting your own corpse ********. There's no real reason why pots shouldn't be stackable all the time.
I don't remember the exact wording, but basically. he had a post awhile back where he said he didn't like potions stacking, because the corpses pretty much looked bare *shrugs*. I could be wrong, but pretty sure he was the one who said something like that. *shrugs*

wreckognize

Grandmaster
it's to prevent drylooting. not to force people to buy butlers. staff wants people to pvp instead of wasting their time looting every single last garbo item.

if you waste your time, its on you. game tries to prevent it.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
like i say if a person had 70 pots thats like 10 stacks of pots to be looted. people are more likely to pass up looting 70 single pots but would not be able to resist looting 10 stacks of pots.

So there you are wasting time looting stacks of pots when you could be saving that time and pvping and then running alcy afk overnite. Not to mention even more time wasted unloading and organizing said stacks of pots.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Promoting healthy and fun PvP

1. Looting - this server is based on an era in which full loot was a selling point. You die, you lose everything. You kill someone and their shit is now your shit. On paper, that's fucking awesome. The reality of the situation though, is that you kill someone, and they have 176 potions on their corpse and unless you have autism, you're not picking it up.

If you're trying to encourage more players to PVP, pointing out the fact that when you die you loss everything might not be the best tactic?? I personally liked the era when it was a lottery as to what was left on your body at death. The winner got some good loot as a reward for the victory and every once in a while the looser rezed with their weapon and or enough regs to heal / recall out. :) Win, Win IMO.

As for the player carrying 176 potions... that's absolutely ********. There needs to be a reasonable cap on how many potions can be carried.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
I'm going to make a peacer and follow you around on any char you have with a blessed drum and troll you ALL DAy and laugh and laugh and laugh

God.RG

Grandmaster
if bolas are added, it would only make sense to add gheal wands.. if gheal wands are added, it would make sense to add lightning/fireball wands..
but add an eval check + use mana + possibly freeze just like you were casting the spell + minimal charges on wands + keep them rare

idk. ive never used wands, but it seems like that would sorta level everything out.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
^ this makes no sense at all. well done

The actual reason given was to make it take longer to loot bodies, thus increasing the chance of pvp happening, fighting over corpse loot, etc etc

I think he said they had noticed that a lot of spontaneous pvp happens when a body is being looted and reinforcements show up/alt is gated in/another pvper rolls thru

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
let me try to grasp my mind around this statement....

you think looting bodies creates pvp?

post-38538-Friday-Ice-Cube-damn-gif-wtf-f-rjyQ.gif

not me personally, that was the reason given by staff

but yea I can see where they are coming from, if you can dry loot in 15sec instead of 1min then I guess hypothetically that gives more opportunity for the victim to get some get back if they are quick enough