PLEASE do not punish all reds.

Do all reds need to be punished?

• Make the red penalty stronger to hurt the non zerging pks.

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Find a solution to combat the EQMS zerg.

Votes: 41 71.9%

• Total voters

drasked

Grandmaster
Agreed, it would be less because of fast skill gains here (cept maybe magic resist). Stating should be increased by the same factor as skill gain itself.

For instance, if skill gain is 50% faster, than stat loss should be 50% higher (or 30%).

Not only are you taking them out of the game for a few to recover from the loss, the murderer would be forced to spend resources to recover the loss making a decent gold-sink for murderers; raising alchy/magic resist/magery isn't free.

Karma is a *****.

35k or 48 hours not playing that character.. we already have that.

we got 1 stun tamer in $ and 3 in our faction guild.

Like i said, $ runs more stun tamers than the entire server has people that script purples.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
35k or 48 hours not playing that character.. we already have that.

In terms of time, yes we have that, but there are two very important differences when it comes to perma-loss instead of temp.

1: You will NEVER recover those stats/skills unless you macro them back up (opposed to temp which just means you stay logged in for a few days/hours), which leads to-

2: to macro those stats/skills back up you will need to spend resources to reclaim them.

That makes all the difference in the world.

And if time is your concern we could mix punishments; perma-stat PLUS jail time. Jail for two days after being 'turned in' to the guards, then you need to macro afterwards as well. So, is time a genuine concern for you?

drasked

Grandmaster
In terms of time, yes we have that, but there are two very important differences when it comes to perma-loss instead of temp.

1: You will NEVER recover those stats/skills unless you macro them back up (opposed to temp which just means you stay logged in for a few days/hours), which leads to-

2: to macro those stats/skills back up you will need to spend resources to reclaim them.

That makes all the difference in the world.

And if time is your concern we could mix punishments; perma-stat PLUS jail time. Jail for two days after being 'turned in' to the guards, then you need to macro afterwards as well. So, is time a genuine concern for you?

It's cheaper than 35k to make a stun alch and takes less time to macro up than 48 hours. What are you exactly asking for?

From my perspective 48 hours of not playing a character or 35k is pretty severe punishment and makes me try hard not to die.

I don't think the problem is the stat system.

clutchxo

Grandmaster
It's cheaper than 35k to make a stun alch and takes less time to macro up than 48 hours. What are you exactly asking for?

From my perspective 48 hours of not playing a character or 35k is pretty severe punishment and makes me try hard not to die.

I don't think the problem is the stat system.

I got stated Friday night I think. haven't played more then 2 hours all weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
1 perma stat is terrible no one want to rebuld toons when they die. ( except girana)
2 remove all ways out of stat other than getting your head back. ( faction v faction/bloodshed/bugged areas)
3 no cut zone seem like a no brainer to me why would you want it removed? dont want to fight reds dont goto no cut?
4 implement full splash dmg on purple pots even on your own party/guild
5 stop changing mechanics to suit the zerg play style and instead change them to suit smaller groups full aoe dmg no matter the amount of targets. ( zerg will still be strong w/o biased mechanics) yes i said biased
6 add wands

1. im okay for perma stat, bring it on
2. this will make overland PVP happen less -- why would someone fight a 5v5 or any other even number fight vs. blues when you know if you die, youre in stat whereas if they die, they lost 50 each reg and a pot bag.
3. No cut zones are for PVP -- dont wanna PVP, dont go there
4. I dont see how this would help anything, how often do you see newbs in purple even throwing pots?
5. Bring on full AoE damage, ive been advocating this from the beginning but Aga cried hard against it because he wanted to keep the skill gap high PVP so that newer players would have as tough a time getting into PVP vs vets as possible
6. All for wands and bolas... except they should probably be kept for militias only as to cut down on tears

the reason you are feeling the full force of eqms atm is alot of pvpers are not on atm so they are getting kills else where. you cant fix the zerg its alway been this way there is just normally a 2nd or 3rd zerg to counter it. this issue is that UOF pop cant support this amount of zergs and eqms makes up probably 60% of the pvpers. forcing pvmers into pvp doesnt seem the way to balance the numbers and the smaller pvp groups have 0 intrest in a zerg playstyle and would rather pvp else where than group together and fight large scale fights so you are left with fixing mechanics to make fighting 5 v 15 more viable.

UOF can support mulitple large groups -- last night SL had 10+ people grouped up and outnumbered EQMS -- they even had a few kills and fun was had by all. Smaller PVP groups who dont want to do anything but a 3v3 or 2v2 can stay in the pits, the beauty of the field is that anything goes, ganks, ambushes, etc... dont like it, stay in the pits.

p.s.

thank you for admitting EQMS pushed your group off the server because you couldnt compete with us in the field... next time try recruiting and training up newbs like we do or lower your join fee if youre struggling to get numbers. Then again, you could also watch this video and explain why you guys are losing fights while outnumbering people badly... surely that had nothing to do with your salty attitude!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQN31SNPGks

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
So glad reds don't need to be penalized for non-consensual PvP because they get their knickers in a twist.

Hey @Shane @eppy @halygon I think I should get a free meta for no logical reason because I play casually.

No? Good. Apply that logic to reds asking for red-trammel.

It's risk vs. reward. If you can't handle that you shouldn't have gone red. There are plenty of PvP options besides murdering.

I don't care if you get pissy because you'd face consequences for your actions. Most murderers can make 100k in a very short time by PK'ing blues, and pay a fraction of that IF the bounty hunter desires to go with payment over stating. And IF they do stat you just leave the character idly logged on till the 'punishment' is over while you PK on a different account.

Oh man... the horror.

Garillo

Master
It's not a stat loss issue; it's not a risk v reward issue. Reds take risk in pking; they lose a hell of a lot more in death than a blue.

It's a player mentality and incentive issue.

There is currently no incentive to kill a red.

Bring on a point system for blues vs reds, with a vendor for blues that kill reds. People step up when there are pixels to be earned. This is why they ***** about losing a champ spawn or RDA, but are generally quiet about dying while farming liches.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
When you die as a red, you will either pay 35-100k or be in stat loss for 2 days... tell us more about there being no penalties for PKs.

If you were only allowed to have 1 logged in account I might agree with you, but leaving an account afk for a lil while while continueing the zerg on other accounts is hardly a loss.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
not when they have multiple reds to log on after 1 gets statted, shane has mentioned this in another post

Its comical to think all reds have multiple PKs... the vets do, sure. However your logic here is to punish new players who maybe have 1 PK and when they get statted, theyre out of the game for 48hours.

Garillo

Master
not when they have multiple reds to log on after 1 gets statted, shane has mentioned this in another post

So how does account wide stat not fix this by innately capping an individual to 3 reds? If people want all of their slots to be red, that's their choice. It's a two way street. Blues are better with the attrition game and recalling in on alternate characters because reds cannot recall when flagged, whereas blues can.

steve-o

Grandmaster
No we are not.

Also some pro-tip, you shouldn't tell a solo pk to join EQMS after you run them down 4?v1 on stun tamers. No sure what you are trying to achieve here.

I personally would much rather fight people that script purples than people that play stun tamers.
Sorry but Everyone must be eqms

Leewald7

Grandmaster
Im sry but this is just getting sad. Ive got a red and a blue. Life as a red is not as bad as u make it sound and tbh all the bitching EQMS reds seem a lil #affected...

You realize its actually very well balance u guys just arent used to being force to have a more level playing field. Yes as a red u get stated for some time and you lose some gear THATS THE RISK DIP SHITS!

As a blue yes you dont get stated but @glutt to say blues dont lose anything but regs and pots is laughable. Maybe ur blues that again should be prepared to die cuz they PKs!!! Thats the point! On the other hand the blues ur hunting are PvMers with pvm builds not ment for pvp and equipment like weapons and armor. (Which they plan on losing just like a red should already plan on being stated.)

Its like dancing in the road. If u did that and didnt expect to get hit by a car ur a dumb ass.

The point is reds lose time and gear. Blues aswell lose time and gear, since the stuff u killed them for takes time to earn the money to replace them. Remember they may only have 20k in the bank. They sure dont have members kicking them 200k checks so that they can claim to be the best.

Not to mention ur comment about why would any red fight 5v5 if they new they could be stated... CUZ THATS THE RISK! Not that that matters cuz u would just call in more eqms to tip the scales. Then we are left with a 10v5 if eqms vs random folk, eqms claiming it was a fair fight and after the guareneed easy win they claim they are the best?! Thats ***** shit. Atleast i know if i get into a fight win of lose im still a victor cuz i didnt have to ***** out and call in 15 more guys to support me in a 1v1 or 2v2 or 5v5. What ever the even numbers, EQMS will always call in, tip the scales, win the ***** way and claim they are the best. They u claim the scales are too slanted against u??? Priceless and Laughable.

#glutts affected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Why dont you guys just admit you want to nerf EQMS instead of all reds... heres a suggestion:

-If you die on a red while wearing purple, your character is deleted
-If Gluttony dies, his guild is disbanded

Leewald7

Grandmaster
How about setting a 1 guild max for eqms? You get to fill one guild and thats it. The rest have to learn how to fight as their own group. That would actually allow for those even scales u so desperately want.

If eqms wasnt allowed to monopolize the population then im sure other guilds would stand a chance at pvp. But that would also require giving up overwhelming force and actually have to fight battles u guys might actually lose.

Leewald7

Grandmaster
Why dont you guys just admit you want to nerf EQMS instead of all reds

Gladly cuz the reds really arent the issue. Eqms has been abusing the game mechanics for way too long. Multiple guild under the same banner, claiming innocents to staff then taunting people in game and on forums, also it pretty shady that u tell u people to buy dono if they cant afford the 200k.

I know it seems innocent "like oh we are just encouraging our people to support the dono market" but in reality its s very devious tactic that basically gives a financial justification to allow u to continue to terrorize the server.

I feel bad for shane in that too. I mean im sure on one hand he thinks "i dont like this eqms boon but i dont mind having a regular income from a guild.
On the other hand "if eqms was gone or nerfed more players and donators would return."

So is he going to risk losing income on the gamble that losing eqms might bring in even more? Or is he going to ride it out until eqms swallows us the server and then kills. So no competition means no fun, hence why they have anti-trust laws...