Please change IDOC timer back

Swayze

Grandmaster
It makes no sense to me that it is 6 hours on the dot. The old system of 2 hours minimum, 4 hours maximum with the last 2 hours being random was a much better system. It made it so you had to wait it out and watch your screen because in the last 2 hours you had no idea when it was going to drop. Now people can time it and recall in at the exact moment it is going to drop, there is zero pain for a large amount of gain. With the old system, there was the pain of watching your screen but there was eventual gain from this. The current system is way too easy, make idoc hunting much harder.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
The pain comes from timing them... we have had many big IDOC battles since the change, prior to that there were no IDOC fights. Do you not know how to time IDOCs or do you just not want to put the effort into doing it?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
no one want's to sit around for 4 hrs :( pls dont go back to random it was the worst idoc system ive ever seen. Is a reason all idocs systems are the this way it rewards the people who do it right and the people who cbf to do it right can still sit around and wait for hours on end.....

Swayze

Grandmaster
The pain comes from timing them... we have had many big IDOC battles since the change, prior to that there were no IDOC fights. Do you not know how to time IDOCs or do you just not want to put the effort into doing it?

I know how to time them, I just think the old system was a lot more fun and the pain was worth the gain. The current system I feel has little to no pain.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
So wait for a real idocer you have to run zones, time idocs, kill counter timers, run books 24/7( hours and hours of work) for a Vulture you find a idoc and sit outside for 4-8 hours.

Make complete sense...

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
All those points are extremely exaggerated.

What? Your only point is you either dont know how to time IDOCs(in which case make a thread asking for help on that) or you're guild is too weak to compete for them now that PVP guilds care about IDOCs with the fixed timer.

Messremb

Grandmaster
the current system caters to scripters zergs and odd time zones, the old system catered to noobs and randoms. I think a combination of the 2 would make for more actual pvp, not just 20 eqms gating in as it drops.

Make it 10 hours with a 30 min random window. 30 min gives time for a good fight, and a group to come back for pvp, without being a crazy amount of time. It rewards those who time it, without making it too easy for scripters.

Current system is all about scripting, pretty lame if you ask me.

gangbang

Adept
Like @GluttonySDS said get a crew that can compete for the idocs and stop complaining. We fight his crew at idocs all the time because our crews are the ones who put in the work looking for them and timing them. This current system has caused more pvp at all hours of the day and nite and gives us all something to do.

Swayze

Grandmaster
I am not surprised I am getting piled on by the eqms zerg right now but you guys are missing the point here.

There needs to be some sort of randomization in place. Similar to what @Messremb suggested, I feel there needs to be a combination of the two systems. even a 1 hour randomization on the end of the timer would work. It does not eliminate PvP, I feel it would actually extend it because you would have to fight longer and hold the idoc down. This has nothing to do with me, my guild or anything around those subjects.

If there was a randomization in place, people would have to say at the idoc instead of gating in the last 5 minutes of it dropping. Therefore having a longer period of PvP.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I am not surprised I am getting piled on by the eqms zerg right now but you guys are missing the point here.

There needs to be some sort of randomization in place. Similar to what @Messremb suggested, I feel there needs to be a combination of the two systems. even a 1 hour randomization on the end of the timer would work. It does not eliminate PvP, I feel it would actually extend it because you would have to fight longer and hold the idoc down. This has nothing to do with me, my guild or anything around those subjects.

If there was a randomization in place, people would have to say at the idoc instead of gating in the last 5 minutes of it dropping. Therefore having a longer period of PvP.

They had a randomized system -- no one did IDOCs which are one of the main draws for many players.

Why exactly are you complaining? Do you not know how to time IDOCs?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
The problem with random timers is no one wants to spend limited play time sitting around doin nothing,a 30 min window i could tolerate anything more is worse than bank sitting IMO. People like a faster paced game play pvping at spawn/bridge recall to idoc as it drops fight over it and get back to w/e else was goin on before.

PS i think only 2 people in here are eqms ( im 100% Not EQMS)

Swayze

Grandmaster
They had a randomized system -- no one did IDOCs which are one of the main draws for many players.

I am not complaining. It is a suggestion, which is why it is posted in the suggestion thread. For the second time, I know how to time IDOCs, and that is not the point I am bringing up.

The problem with random timers is no one wants to spend limited play time sitting around doin nothing,a 30 min window i could tolerate anything more is worse than bank sitting IMO. People like a faster paced game play pvping at spawn/bridge recall to idoc as it drops fight over it and get back to w/e else was goin on before.

PS i think only 2 people in here are eqms ( im 100% Not EQMS)

Malkraven, you bring up some good points. Even 30 minutes works. There just needs to be some sort of randomization in place.

Messremb

Grandmaster

Thanks to scripting, finding and timing idocs is the easiest thing ever, and if you claim you aren't using them you are full of shit.

there was lots of pvp in the random days, I guess you just didn't bother if you had to defend an idoc.

The old random timers were just not right. Longer IDOC time give a better chance for groups to get together, it means more randoms without timers will show up, and shorter random 30 min window means you have to be able to defend it, not just eb zerg last second and leave before they can mount a defense.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Thanks to scripting, finding and timing idocs is the easiest thing ever, and if you claim you aren't using them you are full of shit.

there was lots of pvp in the random days, I guess you just didn't bother if you had to defend an idoc.

The old random timers were just not right. Longer IDOC time give a better chance for groups to get together, it means more randoms without timers will show up, and shorter random 30 min window means you have to be able to defend it, not just eb zerg last second and leave before they can mount a defense.

This is bang on.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
p.s.

If you dont want to time idocs, then the timer is still random and you are free to defend an IDOC for 6 hours.

For example -- last night we had one where we had an hour window becuase we didnt time it properly, we defended it, and secured it.

TriXa

Grandmaster
i think many people dont really see that current system still needs alot of Work.
Without work you are not able to be sucessfull.
And dont except to get rich with it.
In an fair idoc Group you split..
so Be happy with a Million or Two a Week and some nice Goodies..
It was the best Changes and bring me back to UO again.
And yea there is alot of PVP going around Idocs. Day / Night on every TimeZone.
Complete Random would just Honor Workless Dudes that can Sit 24/7 at Idocs..
I have the most fun with that Static Timer. Try to get into a Bigger Idoc Group.
There Plenty of Idoc Groups.
EQMS / some of *S* / MIA / PCH / Power and some Other Crew's.

Idocs are not for LonleyRiders.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I guess my question is -- what is the problem with IDOCs now that necessitate a change? They finally have PVP again and there are several crews devoted to IDOCing?

Once again, if you dont time, IDOCs are still random. If you do time, you are rewarded for your effort.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
lol messremb looks for threads where any eqms members are commenting dude is #affected as fuck ever since we took his uo ***** and his white horse

ps dude doesnt even do idocs