Please change IDOC timer back

Swayze

Grandmaster
I guess my question is -- what is the problem with IDOCs now that necessitate a change? They finally have PVP again and there are several crews devoted to IDOCing?

Once again, if you dont time, IDOCs are still random. If you do time, you are rewarded for your effort.

This is a suggestion. If EQMS doesn't like it, that is fine. There have been some great points brought up on both sides, the staff can make a change or leave it alone.

halygon

Grandmaster
The current IDOC system is fine as it is. It is a long-established and proven system. The only thing that has changed over the last couple years is the ability to script-time them without an illegal 3rd party app like EUO.

I think if you really want people hanging around more often at IDOCs and still keep people coming to them, then might I suggest providing ideas on how to prevent IDOC scripting. I timed IDOCs myself prior to the recent (last couple of years) scripting that has become prevalent and during those times, even the most efficient IDOC timers were ranges and not exact to the minute. This is because it IS HARD work to time IDOCs without scripts.

The staff has thrown around ideas, but we have not found an anti-scripting mechanic that we truly like and that actually resolves the issue.

Messremb

Grandmaster
I guess my question is -- what is the problem with IDOCs now that necessitate a change? They finally have PVP again and there are several crews devoted to IDOCing?

Once again, if you dont time, IDOCs are still random. If you do time, you are rewarded for your effort.
Same reason you claim you keep trying to change pvp, to make it better. Current system causes 5 min of pvp max, random timer. Gets you more. Are you scared of more pvp?

TriXa

Grandmaster
You cant really prevent Scripting.
But people think there is no Work behind that all..
People living in a Dreamwork when they think people just activate a Script and they know when its drop..
They dont see that you need to Run the whole map once a week.
how often a day you recall on 15 full Books.. (Nice Time Consuming..)
They dont see how many Reags per Day you wasted.
They dont see how often you get killed at idocs and sometimes all the time you put in are worthless because you lost that Idoc.
They dont see how often you grab a Chest and then BUMM worthless Shit inside.
But thats the Thrill of the Idocs....
And i think like 90% of the People that doing Idocs at the Moment are Fine with it how it is.

Na Random Timers has killed the Action. We have clearly seen it. There wasnt really Fights anymore because people dont wanted to sit there for hours.
I saw Changes From Static to Random. I saw how the Action was lacking. And the Fun to.
I saw Changes from Random to Static and i see every Night Action like Hell. And not only for 5 Mins.
Like yesterday i saw like 6 Idocs.. And around was nice big Battles.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Fair enough. I don't like the current system and I made a suggestion to change it. The staff thinks otherwise. Close thread please.

Messremb

Grandmaster
random idoc timers=0 pvp, idoc scene was dead af until they change it

ps
Lol don't know about you but I had lots of great pvp at idoc in the random days. Sounds like you were just scarred you're eb zerg couldn't hold it.

The old system had it's flaws, but it wasn't all wrong, but as we all know eqms will just cry until they get there way so this thread is pointless

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
Lol don't know about you but I had lots of great pvp at idoc in the random days. Sounds like you were just scarred you're eb zerg couldn't hold it.

The old system had it's flaws, but it wasn't all wrong, but as we all know eqms will just cry until they get there way so this thread is pointless

no i didn't bother with the old idoc system, anyone that has 4-6 hours to sit around to wait for a house to fall in a video game needs to check themselves rl

TriXa

Grandmaster
im not in eqms :) i just see it from the Point that i dont want to wasted hours at one idoc and wait till it drops. it just boring me.

Swayze

Grandmaster
The waiting factor is the point I am making that you should have to wait in order to get free loot. That is a portion of the pain in the gain here.

TriXa

Grandmaster
yea but most of the time you get just crap..
its like 3% from the idocs that are really hot.
you are making like 10x more money with Rda's / champs / dungeonbosses as with idocs.
And the Part you getting Raided at the ENd before it Drops is still there. No matter if random or not. Big Crew will camp there Ass up.

The Idoc scene at the Moment is just to Big to be Happy to Find an Idoc alone. There still a Chance but a low one.

Swayze

Grandmaster
yea but most of the time you get just crap..
its like 3% from the idocs that are really hot.
you are making like 10x more money with Rda's / champs / dungeonbosses as with idocs.
And the Part you getting Raided at the ENd before it Drops is still there. No matter if random or not. Big Crew will camp there Ass up.

I don't disagree but the random factor would result in more PvP because you have to defend longer.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
I don't disagree but the random factor would result in more PvP because you have to defend longer.

no it wont because no one bothered doing idocs on random timers except for the uo no lyfers. idocs are all putting in the work before the drop with your team and shoudn't go to some faggy pvm guilds that stumbled upon one while looking for an rda

Swayze

Grandmaster
no it wont because no one bothered doing idocs on random timers except for the uo no lyfers. idocs are all putting in the work before the drop with your team and shoudn't go to some faggy pvm guilds that stumbled upon one while looking for an rda

You mean, EQMS didnt bother to do them.

flipt

Grandmaster
The waiting factor is the point I am making that you should have to wait in order to get free loot. That is a portion of the pain in the gain here.

So waiting 2 hours is working for loot? If you truly believe what you wrote you just demonstrated that you don't understand the system. There is tons of work that goes in to getting a timer on an idoc. It's not as was as some try to portray it ir requires hours or coordinated game play go in to finding ,checking the different stages, timing ,PVP while timing to protect your timer, recalling back to laugh at lazy people camping it than killing them hours before it falls to make thin think its falling soon , lastly here comes the fun part gathering up your friends and guild mates to come in close to the end to kill the lazy campers , loot it split it up to your peeps that helped you get the timer. All this while the campers we killed run to the forums and post how it was so muck better to sit around doing nothing for hours. Random timers do nothing for game play other than giving out the so called free loot you talk about.

Swayze

Grandmaster
So waiting 2 hours is working for loot? If you truly believe what you wrote you just demonstrated that you don't understand the system. There is tons of work that goes in to getting a timer on an idoc. It's not as was as some try to portray it ir requires hours or coordinated game play go in to finding ,checking the different stages, timing ,PVP while timing to protect your timer, recalling back to laugh at lazy people camping it than killing them hours before it falls to make thin think its falling soon , lastly here comes the fun part gathering up your friends and guild mates to come in close to the end to kill the lazy campers , loot it split it up to your peeps that helped you get the timer. All this while the campers we killed run to the forums and post how it was so muck better to sit around doing nothing for hours. Random timers do nothing for game play other than giving out the so called free loot you talk about.

no, thats not what I said at all. You still need to do the bolded with a random system or not. The difference here is you need to do the PVP part longer then in the current system.

TriXa

Grandmaster
thats the Point you dont have longer pvp there.. People just wait with a Ghost till it Drops getting a Guild/party/Alliance Msg that it dropped. And all People Recalling in.
Like Flipt said its all about coordinated game play.
And that is what some people like including me.. Its not just sitting there and wait and hope none comes and i get all. its almost a Fulltime Job to Idoc. And only worksout when everyone Helps in ya Crew.

Are you in a Guild Swayze ?

Messremb

Grandmaster
lol messremb looks for threads where any eqms members are commenting dude is #affected as fuck ever since we took his uo ***** and his white horse

ps dude doesnt even do idocs
Haha, your trolling is sad, ruby said there were some dumb guys in there, guess she was talking about you.

Boy I bet those pet balls make you wanna cry. ;)

Oh and I just started getting into idocs again, I admit I'm in no way the #1 idocer I just come along for some pvp. I'm rich as fuck and don't need more sweet loot to fill up my houses.