please answer this question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraut

Neophyte
so... nothing said about multi-clienting here
http://uoforever.com/faqs.php
http://uoforever.com/rules.php

Can we get some confirmation on this? I see POWER using two clients to pvp all the time and I'd like to know if this is legal or what
Yeah, that would be great if some admin can say if its legal or not.

I started a month ago and no place is said to be illegal. So it means that i can do it whenever i want to with no punishment cause no rules are specified on this matter. And this applies to all players then... i think everybody could use 2 clients to pvp until this was clarified.

My personal opinion is that it should be illegal.

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
I think if you have the skill to play two clients at the same time, you should be able to do it.... it has its advantages and disadvantages.

old azz

Adept
I think maybe they never put the rule in writing , i do remember when they said it was illegal , it was when power guild (wendy whoppers ect) would come in to fight with there blue tamer and red they would sick their dragons on you and leave tamer invised or just sitting there, and they beat on u with there red dexer lol
.... more newb accusations. no one in power has ever used a tamer and a red to attack at same time, let alone same person. we have never used any two chars at same time to pvp. and no we don't use scripts for curing healing or syncing or whatever else you turd burglars say when u page in on us. I knows its hard to believe we own everyone so fuckin bad without cheating, but you need to face reality

UOF is POWER's

old azz

Adept
so... nothing said about multi-clienting here

Can we get some confirmation on this? I see POWER using two clients to pvp all the time and I'd like to know if this is legal or what
do you? plz tell me what POWER pk's belong to what POWER members... o wait no one really knows so there is no way for anyone to tell but staff (they have cleared us of all cheating claims) that we are multi clienting...

plz eat a hot bowl of dicks, thankyou

the_toad

Novice
do you? plz tell me what POWER pk's belong to what POWER members... o wait no one really knows so there is no way for anyone to tell but staff (they have cleared us of all cheating claims) that we are multi clienting...

plz eat a hot bowl of dicks, thankyou

Here's what I know.. Kaidou = healmage, Maxim Minaxum = deven nickerson, neiss (red fencer with hiding)

I didn't happen to record it but deven had his red fencer hidden at mages while his tamer was there as well. He fought me with his red, and when his red died his tamer was right there to save his head

I've seen Kaidou at champ spawns on his tamer, then of course the reds would roll in and kill the blues.. So the reason I said it's multiclienting is because they are able to do things that a player using one account at a time cannot. For example, having your tamer work spawn while you can simultaneously PK the others who are there. Or being able to save your reds head because your blue is on the same damn screen just alt tabbed.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Here's what I know.. Kaidou = healmage, Maxim Minaxum = deven nickerson, neiss (red fencer with hiding)

I didn't happen to record it but deven had his red fencer hidden at mages while his tamer was there as well. He fought me with his red, and when his red died his tamer was right there to save his head

I've seen Kaidou at champ spawns on his tamer, then of course the reds would roll in and kill the blues.. So the reason I said it's multiclienting is because they are able to do things that a player using one account at a time cannot. For example, having your tamer work spawn while you can simultaneously PK the others who are there. Or being able to save your reds head because your blue is on the same damn screen just alt tabbed.

this is not mutli-client pvp.

the_toad

Novice

Really so being able to work a spawn and get points towards the powerscrolls and PK the blues isnt multi clienting?

Please explain how someone playing with one account can achieve the same results as someone with two.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Really so being able to work a spawn and get points towards the powerscrolls and PK the blues isnt multi clienting?

Please explain how someone playing with one account can achieve the same results as someone with two.

the keyword is multi-client PVP. multi-client PVP means that someone is attacking you on 2 accounts at the same time possibly with scripts. If someone works a spawn on his Tamer and PKs while doing so that simply means that champ spawns are too easy for tamers or that there is not enough competition around them (might be both true).

Sir Perry

Neophyte

KAZ is correct. The difference in this situation compared to the original post is that you have the same capability to create a second account and macro up a character to accomplish the same thing.
But back to the original post, when the dude is using two accounts simultaneously to mirror commands, then you get into the realm of complete douchebaggery, and people who do this (multi boxxing elemental shamans in WoW for example) should go play in traffic. And in my opinion, this should be considered illegal.

the_toad

Novice
KAZ is correct. The difference in this situation compared to the original post is that you have the same capability to create a second account and macro up a character to accomplish the same thing.
But back to the original post, when the dude is using two accounts simultaneously to mirror commands, then you get into the realm of complete douchebaggery, and people who do this (multi boxxing elemental shamans in WoW for example) should go play in traffic. And in my opinion, this should be considered illegal.

Im gonna have to disagree, entering the realm of douchebaggery is having your blue tamer babysit your red in a dungeon and retrieve his head when he dies. I understand the difference between having both accounts attack at the same time and having a second account just sitting there

The point is doing either gives you an advantage and is using more than one client. Being able to farm on your blue tamer, then alt tab to your red and pop out of hiding when another blue shows up is a pretty big advantage to someone just using a single client

the_toad

Novice

I believe this is multi-client PvP.

Whether or not they are using scripts to sync drop is their own choice, but either way I think it is multi-client PvP if you are using both accounts within a close vicinity of eachother in a PvP environment

old azz

Adept
I believe this is multi-client PvP.

Whether or not they are using scripts to sync drop is their own choice, but either way I think it is multi-client PvP if you are using both accounts within a close vicinity of eachother in a PvP environment
so if we are doing champ, we aren't aloud to kill other people trying to do champ aswell? so if we are farming on a blue and your noob ass tries to farm next to one of us, we aren't aloud to pk you? alt-tabbing is not dual client pvp... it leaves our other char completely vulnerable/afk while we pvp on other client, and 99% of time both of our chars are NEVER on same screen. you might be confused because of the fact that 1 power member is equal to 2-3 UOF pvpers (5-7 of you), so it might seem like your getting shitted on by two drags, a tamer and a stun mage/dexxer

stop being a donut puncher

the_toad

Novice
so if we are doing champ, we aren't aloud to kill other people trying to do champ aswell? so if we are farming on a blue and your noob ass tries to farm next to one of us, we aren't aloud to pk you? alt-tabbing is not dual client pvp... it leaves our other char completely vulnerable/afk while we pvp on other client, and 99% of time both of our chars are NEVER on same screen. you might be confused because of the fact that 1 power member is equal to 2-3 UOF pvpers (5-7 of you), so it might seem like your getting shitted on by two drags, a tamer and a stun mage/dexxer

stop being a donut puncher

Did you not read my post? I'm saying that you can work a spawn and PvP (at the spawn...) at the same time by using two accounts. I don't see why you have to be such a rude prick to get your point across to me.

Sure it leaves your tamers vulnerable when you alt tab to your red... But you have your red defending your blue while the pets auto attack which gets you points towards scrolls. If your red dies? QUICK HOP ON YOUR TAMER AND RUN TO THE BODY. Tamer dies? Oh my.. Your red is in the same dungeon, 5 or so screens away, np, An Corp right quick...

Another point I'd like to make is I'm sure some players use two monitors, if this is the case then how is your tamer in any danger really when an alt tab isn't even needed to assess the scenario 5 screens away or whatever the short distance may be

Gore

Adept
Lololololololol. The only illegal thing is if the person is using both chars at the same exact time. Alt tabbing is perfectly legal.

the_toad

Novice
Lololololololol. The only illegal thing is if the person is using both chars at the same exact time. Alt tabbing is perfectly legal.

Not sure if you've been keeping up with the thread, but in the FAQ and in the Rules section of UOForever.com, it does not mention anything about multi-clienting.

I understand people have different opinions of what multi-clienting is. But having a tamer and a red going at a spawn is just such a huge advantage. EVERYONE should multi-client at dungeons or else you're at a disadvantage with the higher skilled players.

edit: by use at the same time, could this be... a tamers pets killing spawn while his red kills the blues that aren't in his guild?! gasp...

edit2: refer tohttp://uoforever.com/faqs.php

Gore

Adept
So you're telling me every trammy crafter needs to be banned. Because by your logic if their other char is doing something.... Say running a spell book macro or making bows.... It's illegal. As long as idiots aren't running around with journal scripts on 2 chars it doesn't matter. Some of you guys are so bad at this game.... If your dying to 1 person alt tabbing to their other char , you've got some issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.