PK suggestions

lummox

Master
I think if you are logged in on a red, you shouldn't be able to multi client. This would help get rid of ghost scouts and the autofollow pk duos. Also, if server side permits, it would be easier to track those with multiple clients outside of an ip as they would have to log out and then back in with another character, allowing the server to track and correlate accounts with a unique user. With that being said, there should be a 10-20 minute delay when logging from a red despite being in your house.

Reds have become the norm as opposed to the exception, and while it is fun to pvp, it has become broken with all the auto scripts and macros that make killing reds almost impossible without a moderate amount of bodies helping out. I won't even go into greys auto stealing all blues mandrake root. I think bringing back the skill into the game and removing some of the automation would help bring more blues into the pvp scene. This will keep the top skilled pvpers killing and make pvp more skilled based instead of who has the most macros/scripts.

I played uo 15 years ago and the disposition on reds was like that of the scarlet letter, but when you do see them, your heart is pounding harder than after a sprint and it is fight or flight hormones from there. The kind of feelings that keep me in the game.That was what it was like when I saw my first red on this server, but now it just makes me want to log off or do something very boring because most of the time it is 4-5 reds coming in a few minutes after recalling in because you saw a blue run by... I shouldn't be afraid of blues also, wtf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

lummox

Master
This on top of perma stat. You shouldn't have the best of both worlds at your finger tips. Kill your fellow grinder while at the same time grinding yourself on another account.

Hehe... Grindr

drasked

Grandmaster
autofollow pk duos.

wat

who has the most macros/scripts.

Most people PVP with sallos, the most manual client out there.

I'd say scripts actually make it easier for a newbie to put in work.

auto scripts and macros that make killing reds almost impossible without a moderate amount of bodies helping out.

This has very little to do with scripts and a lot with people being terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
I think if you are logged in on a red, you shouldn't be able to multi client. This would help get rid of ghost scouts and the autofollow pk duos. Also, if server side permits, it would be easier to track those with multiple clients outside of an ip as they would have to log out and then back in with another character, allowing the server to track and correlate accounts with a unique user. With that being said, there should be a 10-20 minute delay when logging from a red despite being in your house.

Reds have become the norm as opposed to the exception, and while it is fun to pvp, it has become broken with all the auto scripts and macros that make killing reds almost impossible without a moderate amount of bodies helping out. I won't even go into greys auto stealing all blues mandrake root. I think bringing back the skill into the game and removing some of the automation would help bring more blues into the pvp scene. This will keep the top skilled pvpers killing and make pvp more skilled based instead of who has the most macros/scripts.

I played uo 15 years ago and the disposition on reds was like that of the scarlet letter, but when you do see them, your heart is pounding harder than after a sprint and it is fight or flight hormones from there. The kind of feelings that keep me in the game.That was what it was like when I saw my first red on this server, but now it just makes me want to log off or do something very boring because most of the time it is 4-5 reds coming in a few minutes after recalling in because you saw a blue run by... I shouldn't be afraid of blues also, wtf.

While we will be making some changes regarding PKs, I am not sure I follow how your proposal will help. Let me explain.

Ghost Scouts - If you prevent someone who is or previously was logged in on a red to not multi-client, you would just see people logged on as blues scouting. Its already done now, so it will not really prevent anything.

Autofollow - There should no be any auto-following unless a bot is being used, which is expressly forbidden in the shard rules and is punishable via perma ban.

10-20 Min Logout Delay - Not sure I understand the point of this. What is it a delay from? From last player killed? Why would we limit a player from logging onto another character?

Autostealing - There are tons of ways to mitigate this easily - put the stock/items in a locked box = thief proof.

When it comes down to it, it is pretty hard to perform restrictions based upon IP, which is the only way to prevent multi-account logging. Proxy makes tracking IPs obsolete.

Keep in mind also, that this is UO, you don't have to be a RED to murder people nor do you have to actually do the murdering to contribute or cause it.

Stay tuned for the upcoming changes we have already decided upon(which are actually different than the perma stat solution everyone's touting).

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster

Stay tuned for the upcoming changes we have already decided upon(which are actually different than the perma stat solution everyone's touting).

No one is touting anything. Shane explicitly said perma stat is being implemented in Discord.

Anywho. Whatever is implemented I think the idea of a time out corner for naughty players is a flop. Any system that begs players to go play another game or different server while they macro/sit in time out is a poor design. Kingdoms has potential but if PvP isn't incentivized its going to go over like Booty Island. Time will tell though.

halygon

Grandmaster
No one is touting anything. Shane explicitly said perma stat is being implemented in Discord.

Anywho. Whatever is implemented I think the idea of a time out corner for naughty players is a flop. Any system that begs players to go play another game or different server while they macro/sit in time out is a poor design. Kingdoms has potential but if PvP isn't incentivized its going to go over like Booty Island. Time will tell though.
The point is with shaming, there is no time out.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
The point is with shaming, there is no time out.

I still believe that the reds who have dedicated character slots should be given an edge over players that just have one per account. Dedicating character slots is a considerable investment. Its a shame that no distinction is made between players that have multiple reds and those that just have a few.

A better system would keep players in the game and just focus their energy elsewhere like Kingdoms warfare. Less punishment and more innovation is what I advocate. But you must reward players for their time (something factions fails miserbaly at) so we'll see if it catches on.

halygon

Grandmaster
I still believe that the reds who have dedicated character slots should be given an edge over players that just have one per account. Dedicating character slots is a considerable investment. Its a shame that no distinction is made between players that have multiple reds and those that just have a few.

A better system would keep players in the game and just focus their energy elsewhere like Kingdoms warfare. Less punishment and more innovation is what I advocate. But you must reward players for their time (something factions fails miserbaly at) so we'll see if it catches on.
Kingdoms will give additional places for folks shamed or not to focus pvp attention to. I like the system more and more as I see the progress notes and the staff discussions on the minor nuances that come up while it is all being developed and tested.

Shane mentioned during the ask the staff anything session that there will be sieges & seige weapons. I cannot wait to see these in full blown action by the multiple kingdoms. Gonna be some epic fights.

PaPa

Journeyman
See a red? recall out. Keep an open book at all times....it's really that easy.

I do this all the time.

PaPa

Journeyman
No open book needed , recall macro.

I never really thought about it, but that makes it even easier!!!!

I just had so much black space, on my screen that I filled it with my book.

Awesome call through! It would be like an eject button! lol